Is slow movement on the overworld really necessary?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ahninjas, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahninjas

ahninjas Avatar

I can't begin to describe how infuriating it is to explore an area, learn that it's a dead end, and have to slog back to the path at half the normal speed. I'm at the point where I'm no longer interested in exploring because I'm afraid it will be a big, slow waste of time. The areas where you move slowly aren't even laid out in a way that makes sense. I've run through dense forests at top speed, and then emerged on to a brick road that forces me to walk. I understand making a swamp a slow zone, but an open field? It seems random and pointless.

Lained likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Are you in the game now. It helps if you know your way around a bit. Have you turned your graphics down? Optimization was very bad this release due to the Unity 5 transition that is happening. I can help you. Turn your graphics down to fastest at least.

3. ahninjas

ahninjas Avatar

It's not a performance issue, it's the fact that certain terrain on the overworld forces you to walk instead of run.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes and you want to talk slow, this is nothing compared to what it was. I absolutely hated it and it is extremely better and will get better. If you have slow downs post a bug report on it. They have fixed many and sped us up tons. Also I am in game if you need anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.