Ok Stretch Goals revealed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by majoria70, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=40715

Alright so after the hangout today Tuesday 4/7/15 it was confirmed regarding stretch goal plans. So Devs stated that the current stretch goals are things that they also feel are important and the game would benefit from having them in the game. Also stated was that while there is not time or man power to put them in at this time, and also probably not for Launch,they will put them in the game in the order of popularity shown by dollar amount. So this post is to remind any who need to be reminded and have had fears in contributing. So I have given the stretch goals link, and I am going to stop looking at how far they have to go, and just watch them like a horse race. I also want to mention that it is not a waste to contribute to the stretch goals at all because they will go in game fully functioning when the time is right to put them in, which is prioritized by a show of popularity dollarwise. Hopefully this takes away the worry that we are contributing for nothing except a useless item with no function. So an FYI for you all, and such wonderful news. **majoria sails away on the waterways of New Britania**:) **cheers**

**edited**

2. Siren

Siren Avatar

Well this is good news.

Miracle Dragon and majoria70 like this.
  3. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I wanted to buy a "stable", but now I know it's so big (needs a Castle plot), I think another horse would do nicely... or another Pack horse... Mmmm, decisions decisions...

majoria70 likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL I know the stables are huge aren't they. They really are nice though. I can picture a homeless shelter with little stalls and cots. Room enough for a campfire and a trunk for someone. And of course they could be for horses also lol;)

Gabriel Nightshadow and Chatele like this.
  5. Lained

Lained Avatar

6. Logain

Logain Avatar

I'm not sure I understood the complete part, but didn't they mention the 'Elf Stretch Goal' would be 'special' in that regards, as in that they wanted to see if enough people had interest or it would be cancelled? Could somebody with a better grasp on spoken English (or possibly a developer) explain if that stretch goal is going to make it in for sure or not?
    Thank you very much in advance!

7. Numa

Numa Avatar

Ships, ships, ships :)

Pack animals & Mounts seem to be doing quite well.

8. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

Pack animals are so behind the rest :( (total recaudation), but ahead in % terms :). Portalarium will consider the total funding or the % of the goal???

majoria70 likes this.
  9. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

IMO, I would say percentage would be the way to go because in terms of unfunded man-hours, they would have collected more towards the goal. Sure the goal was only $100,000 instead of $250,000 but more of the cost in man hours to create this goal has been completed.

majoria70 likes this.
  10. selbie

selbie Avatar

It sounds like the main factor is whether or not Portalarium decide if another playable race is worth adding for SotA in terms of its significant impact on the gameplay.
    The Elves also could be some kind of plot point in the later episodes. There is certainly the connection with the Underworld Ascent lore.

majoria70 likes this.
  11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I LOVE ELEVES

12. Grunge[MPK]

Grunge[MPK] Avatar

Omg, mounts mounts mounts, for god's sake mounts!!!! I want to ride a zoztrich!

13. TantX

TantX Avatar

You misspelled ostard.

Moiseyev Trueden and majoria70 like this.
  14. Thorin Strongarm

Thorin Strongarm Avatar

Hazad!!! ( but I can't swim!!!!)

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Sorry I deleted my original post on this. Yes regarding Elves they were trying to see if there is an interest at all, but since there seemed to be a lot of concern regarding stretch goals even being put in the game, I wanted to start this post from the latest word from Portalarium that they will put them in the game. I did not hear it as Elves would be canceled just put in the game prioritized by popularity as with all other stretch goals.:)
    **edited**

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  16. Grunge[MPK]

Grunge[MPK] Avatar

Nop, zoztrich was a kind of ostard, they were orn, zostrich and oclock :)

Moiseyev Trueden and majoria70 like this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I know pack animals are way behind. I love the idea of having a pack animal to help carry your load after a day of mining or gathering resources, plus just the visual would show something special. So if you have your pack animal with you, then you are in working mode, well it might seem, or perhaps you just like your pack animal for company;)

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I have supported every stretch goal except flexible placement and I will get to that one also soon, **majoria looks at bank balance**;)

19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Thank you so much for sharing this. I missed the hangout and hadn't gotten to it but a stretch goal segment is something I've been waiting for!

(About to watch it).

I would REALLY love it if they went back to posting their reflections in the forums or transcripts of the hangout, I prefer reading to listening if I'm going to miss the actual hangout.

Edit - I really think their talk about gauging response in terms of dollars spent should take into account the dollar amount of the items and what they are.

Edit2 - It's nice they acknowledged them in a short statement, I still have frustration that they didn't pick one goal and campaign for it. I get prompted every week to buy a wedding dress in my emails but never are the stretch goals mentioned.

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh you are so welcome Lord Andernut. I know what you mean and well I am not about to let a moment go by without telling the secret. ;) We have waited for so long for a word on stretch goals being put in the game. My opinion is and has always been that they should be put in the game. The current stretch goals are not something that are hmmm should we leave that out,or hmmm should we leave this out, well no way, we need them all.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.