Suggestion for 3 Oracle Option - "Highlander Mode"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myrcello, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Dear Community.

I would have a EndGame Suggestion - Incase all are through with Episode 1 and want something challenging to do besides the usual sandbox option of dancing on a party, building stuff and searching for rares.

[​IMG]

Lets assume the Oracle would provide a third option - The lets call it "Highlander Mode"

This option would only change one thing: You are now a "Highlander" ( other name suggestion are appreciated )

The Rules of this "Mode":

Only a other Player who is in the Highlander Mode is able to truly kill a other one in this mode and claim your Highlander Soul ( you are out of the game).

If you activate Highlander Mode - you will not be able to activate this mode again with the same account within a cooldown of 1 week ( to avoid cheating and killing with secondary account)

All "Non Highlanders" who kill you do not remove your Highlander . Normal respawn.

Each Highlander has a "Sensibility" to locate other Highlanders. They see on the color of your eyes if you are a Highlander.
    Other players do not notice a difference on your character - so canĀ“t give hints to others.

The Highlander who has the most "online hours in this mode" and killed the most other "Highlander" receives bonus damage output out of it.

This bonus only works in battles against other Highlanders.

It may happen that he gets so powerful that other Highlanders need to avoid him at first and try to kill other Highlanders before approaching the most powerful one, or team up.

The only benefit of being a Highlander is:

You can activate a light blue glowing color on your eyes ( if you want to show off).

The strongest Highlander will have a red , fire yellow, are glowing ice look ( if he wants to show off and he can choose off)

Normal players will see the glowing of the eyes only if the Highlander activates it. Others Highlanders always see it.

You have some Fun Skills you can use no other one can: The Faint Skill - You can call upon the gods and all players around you suddenly "Faint" for some seconds. ( Long Cooldown - only in non combat situations)

The scariest of this Game Mode:
    If you get killed in this mode - your character is truly and not able to activate this mode ever again.
    Only with a new created character, but as stated above - with a cool down of 1 week.

So the Adrenalin is of course high

This is only a idea , suggestion. An option for End Game Fun - Risky but truly for the best combat players.

Take care. :)

You get a steampunk clock for your house that you can place in your house showing the "online Time" your Avatar has spend in "Highlander Mode" also.

smack, Spoon, Vaentorian and 4 others like this.
  2. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Hmm, perma-death when there are follow on episodes in the future. So if you go into "Game Mode" and you are killed you have to start all over again?

3. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Nope. Not Permadeath. You only loose the ability with that character to participate again in that mode.

Your Character can do all the rest as usual.

smack and Ronan like this.
  4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Love it.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  5. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Avatar

This is a really interesting concept. Is there anything else like this out there in the gaming industry?

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

and what if I chose this and just play in single player and kill guildies and such,

Interesting idea, but still to many flaws that can and would be exploited.

Now if only avail skills benefits works on other highlanders ??? but still the problem of interlopers in a fight so once again to many flaws.

But not a bad idea if you can work out all the problems, and I mean you (or a team), not devs :-(

Myrcello likes this.
  7. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

@Weins201

1. Activation of the Highlander Mode does not Change anything if you interact in single or any other mode with other Players.
    Only if you fight against a other Player who has Highlander Mode activatet.

Just a Suggestion this is for a end game Option idea.

8. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Really interesting idea :)

9. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

I'd totally make a character just for this... just cause it's my favourite movie of all time. :D

"I apologize for calling your wife a bloated warthog, and I bid you good day."

10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Love this idea @Myrcello.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin_(game)
    Been playing a couple of theses myself.

I'd remove the bonus and simply have a skill for it where every highlander kill gives Skill points per kills the killed had, Points for the highlander skill only. That way the exploit is less obvious and would require triple accounts giving up their highlander lives to give XP.

So X1 meets x2, neither has any kills, they fight X1 wins gains 0sp. But x1 now has 1 kill.
    x1 meets x3, x3 has no kills. If x1 win, 0sp. If x3 wins, 1sp.
    Etc
    Let's say that x1 kills 10 nubs, it's 0sp every time but x1 is now worth 10sp if killed.

Top that of with a cumulative Cost for the 5 possible glyphs.
    Level 1 - 1sp
    2-3sp
    3-6sp
    4-10sp
    5-15sp

And max 1 level per kill. So if you luck out and kill someone worth plenty, you still only go up 1 level.

Then final exploit stopper is -1sp per level (min 0) so that if I'm level 1 I no longer gain sp from single kill players.

That means that a cheater would need to kill of lots of guildies somewhere about 40 or so to get to level 5.

Then make that 1 highlander death per account and Quarter and you are good to go.

That means that players will actively seek out those with the most kills instead of trying to kill nubs.

Add a scoreboard and your name on a stone tablet in Drafhvalds Capitol.
    Plus a rare blood crown to wear until it reverts to next champion after. A week.

Myrcello, Themo Lock and Vaentorian like this.
  11. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

If i find time i am currently thinking of a maybe M17 Assasis Event we could do.

Help me set up the rules:

[​IMG]

The Last Mask

All players who want to participate at the Event will have to place the Name in the Forum and a Screenshot showing that they activated PvP at the Oracle and
    that they have a Mask on.

Goal of this Game: To be the last player in this game who keeps his mask on.

During the Game you need to keep your mask on permanently.
    Until you are the Last one Standing, or you got killed with the rules of this game.

Game Area : Complete Novia - only acception: A NPC Tavern is a neutral area.

Duration: Until the last one is standing .

( Idea: Maybe after 1 month we set a ending - all Mask still alive feel the urge to go to Verdantis Shardfall - the last still alive in this zone will win. If some miss to show up they are disqualified?)
    [​IMG]
    How you loose a Mask:

Getting killed from a other player who participates.
    Requires you to take your mask off. - Game over for that player in this event.

If a player kills a other player he has to take a screenshot of the dead player and him standing beside : proofing the Kill to us. - placing it in this Forum.
    Videos of a nice battle or not necessary, but do count also and are weclome .

If a player who participates is seen not running around without a mask , everyone, even non participating players can take a screensot of him , placing it here -
    resulting in disqualification.

Winner: The Last Mask standing .

Rule of Trust: Players who participate need to be active players and online often enough. Else we recommend not to participate.

Price: I would probably through in 20 Store Credit Price ( incase we start such an Event)

[​IMG]

Please give suggestions to improve the rules.

@Spoon, @Mystic,@Weins201,@Amber,@Ronan etc. are you reading. :)

This Event would be a sort of demonstration of the feel of the "Highlander Mode". :)

smack, Spoon, Gaelis and 1 other person like this.
  12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

My only addition would be some sort of battle Royal type of goals.
    For instance, each week you get a couple of 'quests' to fulfill and post in topic to remain eligible.
    Take screenshots of yourself in location x y and z or disqualify.
    Or
    This week you need to make a mask kill or disqualify.

Etc this to make the chance of meeting higher and not make it better for people to abstain until last week.

With your ruleset, by the way, you encourage people to team up on lone wolf players. Is that intentional?

13. Hraw

Hraw Avatar

I've read the thread ... maybe I missed something but, as I understand it, a Highlander would also be a PvP player right?

And your idea is that a Highlander can only be killed by another Highlander, but can they fight with and damage/take damage from other PVP players as well? I can see a guild using regular PVP players to drain the life of a Highlander down so their buddy Highlander around the corner steps in to get the killing blow ... how to resolve this issue? (Again, sorry if I missed this in reading through).

Moonshadow likes this.
  14. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

while a good idea i do believe it has a fatal flaw, end game. in the end there wont be much of a chance of someone arriving late to the show, there just going to get there head cut off right away by those that survive the initial free for all.

15. TantX

TantX Avatar

Yeah. Everywhere, in fact, but the repercussions are usually more definite (perma death, full looting, no coming back from it, etc.).

As far as an idea, I think it's cool. But PvPers will just jump on their Highlanders when they're in a group to go around and kill other Highlanders; otherwise they'll play their alt PvPers. Throw in the randomness of card combat and I don't think too many people will risk being knocked out on a bad draw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.