New PoT & Castle questions...

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Wizardess, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

At the moment, the Castle Lot Deed (but not the castle houses!) is on sale at Paxlair deed vendor (George Millerson). At time of writing, its price is 280'000g.

I don't know if that's a pre-alpha testing tool, or it will stay available at release (honestly, I doubt it).

2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Hrm, that is interesting, Maybe I can put my keep with walls inside the castle walls! A double fortification! :)

Albus likes this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If the large template is one size fits all that makes the potential for upgrading to a large town that much easier for Portalarium to manage. Not that it shouldn't be a no brainer to begin with.. but it's nice to know.

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

5. Julz

Julz Avatar

This surprises me, sounds like you can get a Lord of the Manor house feel without the cost. Have I understood that right, with a knight pledge and a holdfast you can have a knight home inside a castle wall if you lay it out correctly? Feel a bit sorry for folks that pledged LotM, the space and walls were probably the main attraction of that pledge...

6. Archibald Leatherneck

Archibald Leatherneck Avatar

I was wondering how long it would take. It seems to be a reasonable request given the stage that has been staged by Portalarium. Part of me says, "This is wonderful" but that thought wanes...

Personally, I am disappointed that Portalarium is erecting "castle" walls, in good repair or otherwise, and placing lots other than a Castle Lot within "castle" walls. I know this is not a simulation but you needed permission to crenulate in many historical cases. You don't just throw up castle walls willy-nilly (I guess we do in SotA). Is there a limit to how many "castle" and "keep" walls I can place in my POT other than what the layout of lots allows? If there is a limit, how was the arbitrary limit arrived at? Oh well...

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  7. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

The walls around a holdfast sized scene would make for some interesting placements. With a Keep lot walls for a double wall setup. Leave off the Keep walls, and have the city sized house, with a separate garden, outside theater, PvP arena, biergarten, parking lot, stable with corral, etc within the walls. Sounding better as I think on it.

One could buy a city lot, buy the eventually available twin tower city house, and put a high stone wall around it and very nearly have a castle feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.