Question on the costs of housing

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by vcczar, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vcczar

vcczar Avatar

What is the price range for a row house/deed in the game using in game currency? I'm just trying to get a range that I will need to save up for.

2. Mastese

Mastese Avatar

Don't know about the deed, but I bought a 4 story row house for 5000 gp's. Perhaps the deeds are similar...?

vcczar likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's 60,000 for the lot deed, I believe.

vcczar likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Unless it went up it used to be the best buy since 40k got you the deed and the house since the house is also on the lot, which is unlike other lot deeds which only include the land and the house would be a separate purchase. I will check again since price could have changed.:)

vcczar likes this.
  5. Dunnigan2

Dunnigan2 Avatar

It's 40,000 for a Row lot deed if you buy from Boris in the 3rd floor of the bank building in the inner city area of Owl's Head.
    It is 80,000 from other vendors, so be sure to buy it in Owl's Head.

(In Owl's Head)
    The village lot deed is 60,000.
    The town lot deed is 80,000.
    The city lot deed is 100,000.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Sorry, I confused it with the village lot.

7. disastorm

disastorm Avatar

If you buy a lot with the in-game currency, do you need to redo it after every wipe ?

8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Yes, you will have to earn gold to buy a new lot deed in-game.

9. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Also note that a row lot deed comes with a 2-story plaster&wood row house.

You can replace with any other row house, of course, and it will revert back to the base 2-story if you remove your house deed. In other words, a row lot cannot be empty - at least the default house will be used.

So, purchasing from Owl's Head vendor, you can save the 5'000 gp for the actual house, and have a builtin house in the 40'000 gp row lot deed.

10. vcczar

vcczar Avatar

So is it pointless for me to try and save up for a deed and a house if the character will be wiped? Or will the deed and and house stay with my account, despite the wipe?

11. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

It will be wiped.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Of course I don't think it is pointless, having a house is your means for a lot of things in the game. You can atm zone home by hitting the 'u' key when you have a lot, just highlight the lot and click zone to lot. You can also buy your own crafting tables on $250 ea bought from deco vendors in owlshead above the bank 2nd floor, deeds are on the 3rd floor. Also not to forget storage galore. You can either purchase trunks, craft them or craft a chest, buy or craft dressers etc that will store a very good amount of items. If you need help let me know. Send me a whisper. You probably have heard but I'm majoria in the game.:)

margaritte likes this.
  13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

If you want to try out housing in R19 before the wipe. Then I could easily give you a row+deed in Ardoris plus furniture. Just
    /friend Spoon
    to see if I'm online (I'm in Sweden so CET, which means my evenings are US afternoons). I got about three such left to give away.

So far in the last four weeks I've handed out 10+ deeds now.

It will only cost you three promises
    1) pay it forward when you have the means, give them my regards
    2) report any bugs/opinions you have on housing
    3) make a pilgrimage to Lux when it comes online and buy me an in game beer

14. disastorm

disastorm Avatar

Thanks for the info guys. I have a few more questions.

How much is the monthly "tax" that you need to pay for lots ?
    The only way to avoid this tax is to do the higher backer pledges? ( There is no way to purchase a non-taxed lot deed on add-on shop right? )
    Are Row lots only available in the npc cities ? Do any of the regular towns ( the ones that are primarily just composed of player houses ) have row lots?

Thanks.

majoria70 likes this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi disastorm. We don't really know how much the taxing will cost yet. So far lots are not being taxed. They may be next release. No tax-free lot deeds outside of a pledge, so you are correct on that. Right now not too many towns have Row Lots, just a few, but some player owned towns will have and no worries if you buy a row lot you are guaranteed to be able to place it when the game launches. If you ask around perhaps there is a row lot for you if that is what you need, duh well I guess this is asking around;) Last I heard Ardoris had a few, but that could be old news, let me know if you need help looking or any help at all. I am majoria in the game. You can check for available lots in a town by talking to the town crier and also by spamming the 'p' key outside of the chat window will cause a beam of light to shoot from available lots, well if there are any that is.;):)

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Row lots come with whatever house you see on it when you claim it. You could end up with a two, three or four story house of any row style except for the stone style, which is a pledge reward.

17. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

@disastorm: Currently only the NPC towns Owl's Head, Kingsport, Solania and Ardoris and the POTs PaxLair, Vengeance (and I assume Port Phoenix) have row lots. Yesterday I checked out Ardoris and all lots were taken. Since the Devs extended the inactivity timer to two weeks (if a lot owner is inactive for two weeks the lot becomes available again) row lots have become scarce, and you have to be in the right place at the right time to discover a vacant one.

18. disastorm

disastorm Avatar

ok guys thanks for the info.

Btw the same type lots all the same size or can they vary? Me and my friend were looking around at people's houses and we saw one Village lot with a Knight backer on it that looked almost twice the size as a normal Village lot. We compared it to the village lot that was right next to it and it looked about the same width but almost double the length.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    majoria70 likes this.
  19. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

All lots are identical. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=44577

The fencing and/or houses on them may appear to change the size, but it's only perception.

The same player can own two lots back-to-back, however, and decorate them as a single contiguous lot.

The huge 3D maze in Paxlair, for example, is built on two adjacent village and one adjacent town lot (total area = one city lot).

majoria70 likes this.
  20. disastorm

disastorm Avatar

I see, nice. Is there actually a combine-lot mechanism in the game, such that you can place something that is half in one lot and half in another, or do both lots still technically function independently ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.