UI Scaling

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Benn289, Jul 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benn289

Benn289 Avatar

Is there currently a way to scale the UI regardless of resolution?

If not then this would make an excellent addition. :)

EDIT: Good point Majoria, I'll give an example of what my personal situation is. The game runs my gtx-660-2gb VR-SC(non-TI) hard at 1920x1080 to point of almost overheating.

I turn it down to 1360x768 to increase performance, but my GUI is too big for me to play with my paperdoll and bag open. (First world problems I know. xD)

Others may have a reason to want this feature as well, but this is my reason for the moment haha.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    Jocularis, Themo Lock and Soulicide like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

If you are talking about the combat bar etc, I don't think at this moment you can scale it down, but changes are coming to it and the game, even in the next release. Lots of changes planned to combat and since all systems are on basic renditions at the moment. So it is all an adventure for us. So if you could be a little more descriptive in what you'd like to help that will help the developers more feedback to understand what is wanted or desired. Also welcome benn289 if I haven't said it before.:)

benn289 and Soulicide like this.
  3. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

+1. Yeah, I would like this as well. In my opinion the default size of the hot-bar, at least, could be much smaller anyways. I did a photoshop job of what it could potentially look like scaled down. It was to give an idea of what a 3-slot separate 'belt bar' could look like with it, but it can also give an idea of what the bar looks like scaled down for general purposes. Being able to essentially free-transform the UI within the aspect ratio would be a plus. -cough- Mods -cough-

benn289 likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

haha well can you show that Soulicide? I would love to see it. I'm not a huge fan of our hotbar look, it is ok but I'm sure we'll see changes on the look of it as we go.:)

benn289 and Soulicide like this.
  5. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

Yah. Here you go. This was in the thread discussing a separate little tool belt bar for things like potions so that they aren't in the combat deck. This was just a rough concept I came up with. I'm honestly not sure how much I scaled it down, maybe a 35% decrease. If I had the option myself I would probably keep it even smaller.

http://i.imgur.com/KW9cdsc.jpg

Also, benn, as far as scaling the other components of the UI-- you can scale the chat window length and width. You can scale the length of the inventory list assuming you use list mode. You can't scale the compass but pressing M will show or hide it. The icons in the upper right hand corner can be hidden (in the game menu). Your character sheet/paper doll window can't be scaled though.

benn289 and Themo Lock like this.
  6. Benn289

Benn289 Avatar

@Soulicide Yeah I played around with the UI as much as I could and noticed that about the UI. Nice work on that screenshot, I like the utility belt idea too.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks Soulicide. I was on that thread too. Also food is going to be pretty important in this game and our light spell or perhaps a torch slot would be great. Anyway I like your idea to make it smaller plus I hope it gets a bit more interesting. I can't wait to see the changes each release, especially now because we are a year end countdown or abit later ;)

8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I don't know if that'd confort you (it shouldn't), but as soon as the game starts, I can distinctively hear my fans start spinning like mad.

And I have a total of eight fans: three in the case, two on the water-cooled CPU heatsink, two on the GPU (gtx770), and of course one on the PSU. No other game taxes them so much. And it all started in R19. Upto R18 they were very, very quiet.

This is to say that I think this is a very, very, GPU heavy release, and I hope in the future the devs can do something about it.

Benn289 likes this.
  9. Amerisun

Amerisun Avatar

I agree the UI needs some serious love! And Soulicide's mention of "mods" would go great for this, if you allowed the HUD to be modable, similar to other games coming out these days with Python or the like. Then some of the graphic artists out there could skin it all different ways.

But the default UI definitely needs major love. :)

Benn289 and Soulicide like this.
  10. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Being about to adjust the UI would be fantastic.

Benn289 likes this.
  11. Elhaym

Elhaym Avatar

Being able to scale up books for easier reading would be welcome. Thanks to books being editable I don't think text in books is baked in is it? I haven't tried to write one in game yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.