Kickstarter & Player Housing Limits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by licemeat, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

On kickstarter there were limited quantities of some of the tiers. Is that still the case or have they just started over by giving the kickstarter people the house bonus (lighthouse etc) and letting there be a house for anyone that pledges high enough on the website. If there is a limit how can we tell what the count is at the moment? I was just wondering if there are going to be more than 500 knight houses on the game or if I should be expecting more.

Wsye and Sir Frank KC like this.
  2. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I Had The Same Question. It Would Be Nice To Know If A Tier Is Approaching A Cap. I May Want To Upgrade Before It's Too Late.

Erth, Wsye and postulio like this.
  3. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

I didn't even notice that huge SOLD OUT sign until you pointed it out. This is why I trip over wires and curbs all the time.

4. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

I agree with By-Tor. It would also be nice to keep track of how many of a certain Title will be in the game.

That SOLD OUT tab is there from when kickstarter ended (it sold out during the campaign, before this website). They kept that that way because they just made more BARON slots but for extra $

I don't know if the current system adheres to the limits from the campaign, it doesnt seem like it honestly.

By-Tor likes this.
  5. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

So, if I were raising money, would I limit the number of higher level pledges in an effort to get people to rush to fill in the slots before they were gone, or would I avoid limits and welcome as many high level contributors as wanted to join?

Personally, if I had enough cash on hand to deliver the game, I'd impose limits to make the higher level slots seem more prestigious.

That's my current thinking, anyway.

Phredicon likes this.
  6. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

One Thing We Do Know:There's A Limited Amount Of Housing Available. So, There's Got To Be Caps On Everything From Citizen On Up. If We Saw Those Numbers Dwindling...I Think It Would Encourage Backers To Upgrade While They Still Could.

7. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

How about both? Thats kinda what they are doing now, its clouded in ambiguity. You THINK they are limited, but they might not be, I was able to grab a higher level tier recently with no issue.

8. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

RG said There's Only So Many Houses To Go Around..So There's Got To Be Some Sort Of Max Limit On Tiers With Deeds.

9. Sir Frank

I'm just curious about how many people have pledged at each level.

10. Escanaba

Escanaba Avatar

My personal thoughts are that they will keep selling as many as they can. They can make city bigger and other areas for more housing. I just posted about the nickel and dime stuff and this falls right into that. I liked the idea that there were limits but now I am not sure there are. Just send us more cash and we will fit you in.

Guess we are all numbers.

jonathancw likes this.
  11. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

At the start of the Kickstarter there was a total of 1920 (thereabouts) properties to be pledged. 701 people as of the end of the KS *DID* pledge at a property-receiving level. That leaves 1200 properties unclaimed - overwhelming majority in the Citizen and Knight level, it's true, but still hundreds of Lord level as well. Is it most likely that almost all of the upgrades into housing have been at those levels. And if they added another 5, 10 or even 20 Baron+ levels, good for them - but I doubt there are a lot of people going in at that price point.

12. Borg

Borg Avatar

Im pretty sure that you will be able to get a knight house if you pay the fee for it, no matter when you do it.......

13. SirBoss

SirBoss Avatar

I just hate the fact I was late getting in and miss kickstart by a few days so I miss out on the kickstart items and upgrades. and I am on track for Edelmann and will upgrade to knight, but I wish they had a paypal option to pay more

14. Maximus Katse

Maximus Katse Avatar

I bet that number (1200) dropped by at least a couple of hundred when they brought the installment plan online as well as the outright upgrades that occurred after-the-fact. Maybe more even.

Edit: specified the number I was referring to.

15. Rixel

Rixel Avatar

Exactly. There is a limited number of RENT FREE properties. As I interpret the current concept. I would think that such properties, once claimed, would only be available via trade or perhaps a special reward during play

16. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Last I heard from FireLotus is that they are working to get the website to display the number of remaining spots for each level.

17. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

She did say that but it was months ago, at least the last time I saw her say it. It's well past time they updated the site with pledge numbers like they had in KS.

18. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

We are actually considering a website redesign, as there are several features we would like to implement, but cannot with some of the the current site's limitations. Tier tracking is one of those "sounds simple, but is proving to be difficult to implement". We know that you want it, as do we, but it is something that unfortunately may not happen before a site redesign.

19. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I agree. I think it would be a nice feature, but definitely not a must. The only reason I care about seeing the numbers is because I'm a numbers guy and I'm curious about the supporter breakdown. I'm almost certainly locked into my current level (unless I win a lottery), but I could see where people who are considering an upgrade would be curious to know how many places are left.

20. Sir Frank

Me too. I couldn't take the stress, so I just threw caution to the wind and maxed out my pledge.
    I really need to get a wife to stop me from doing things like this.

Père Fouettard, Erth, rild and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.