Angry? Let it be! Let it be KNOWN!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spartacus2, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartacus2

Spartacus2 Avatar

YUMMM

Forest Dweller, Epona and margaritte like this.
  2. Spartacus2

Spartacus2 Avatar

Red spiders cant die I swear haha

margaritte and Epona like this.
  3. Spartacus2

Spartacus2 Avatar

I have to say not being able to use shadow form to pass by unwanted fights with spiders and the likes is very very frustrating. I wish we could use vanish to at least hide and let our pet or summoned creature get wacked on instead while in combat with a monster. I was creeping up on a timber wolf WHILE using shadow form(stealth spell under moon magic) with a lich fighter i had summoned. Next thing i new i was half dead with my summoned companion just idly watching me die. The stealth on here is like a kid who thinks closing his eyes makes him invisible !!! Rawr! bring the cheese! [thats a pun by the way fire fighter dude :) ]

4. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

First I want to say I have way more to be satisfied about than dissatisfied, but for the sake of "getting it all out", here are a few of my qualms.

1. Repair system is too convoluted
    2. Adventuring pool being hidden scares and confuses new people
    3. Having to constantly explain how the adventuring pool works so the new people are not scared and confused.
    4. Spider's DoT way too frequent
    5. Freaking spiders.
    6. Deck building window "Y" is a cluttered mess, not very user friendly
    7. No Friends Only mode yet
    8. Performance
    9. Water looks like NB had a realm-wide oil spill
    10. NPC's cold, empty eyes and how they look at you when conversing is creepy to say the least. "Is there something on my head? Why are you looking up there? Hello, I'm down here." -snaps fingers-
    11. Lack of a mail system
    12. Lack of a regional in-game chat
    13. Current state of chat mechanics and window, not very user friendly

5. Valiant

Valiant Avatar

So why isnt there a way to just cast a spell or attack with specials in a normal way?, The whole deck card game combat thing has to be a joke or something. Everything looks really nice but the combat system needs to be changed over to a style more like UO imo.

Epona likes this.
  6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

No.

Chatele and Abhann like this.
  7. Epona

Epona Avatar

Yep, yep, and yep! Especially spiders! They creep me out way more than a lich. They swarm and I have a harder time whacking them, since they are small targets (usually.) They are the main thing in the game that kills me, besides the troll (more on troll later!!!!) I don't usually fight them. Like Enigma, I usually run for the exit.

And water: The water in Brave Coast is supposed to be Aegean blue, or azure, or Big Sur blue. Not brown like the muddy Mississippi River. Plus, Brave Coast desperately needs waves lapping the shore in a halfway realistic way. Pretty please :D

Chatele and Jivalax Azon like this.
  8. Spartacus2

Spartacus2 Avatar

Anyone ever use animal charm under moon magic? and whats your opinion on it?
    :)

9. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

I just ran into some herds of cows being guarded by an apparently hostile dog that looked very much like a wolf. I was going to just leave them be but he attacked and forced me to defend myself. I left the cows alone. Came back from afk for a few minutes and someone had slaughtered all of the cows. I felt abnormally upset about this. A fellow chef I worked with used to proclaim "Very angry" about virtually everything that made him even slightly miffed. So...dog attacking me...bovines slaughtered needlessly...my floating combat text completely gone (which hopefully means they are tweaking it!) and..and...I am just looking for humorous things to complain about at this point...and not having been struck by lightning yet when I'm sitting in the open in full plate! Very angry. xD

10. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Is it wrong that I love that you love to make lists? Seriously, though, spot on, Crease!

11. svartelric9

svartelric9 Avatar

I find many things confusing, especially the deck system and combat... Crafting seems too complicated for no valid reason, also.

docdoom77, Forest Dweller and Epona like this.
  12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ill just say once you hit that level 40 adventurer level, things get much easier, turn off skills you dont typically use, and go to places like Whiteguard, Solace Forests, and Spectral mountains in Novia, and West Ravenswood, South Valeway, Righ Inis Plains in the Vale to build your skills. and move on from those points to different areas.

Epona, 4EverLost, Kaisa and 1 other person like this.
  13. Epona

Epona Avatar

I know this has been asked and I know I'm a dummy for not knowing, but just where do I find my adventurer level? :D

14. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Bwahahah, when I say all this stuff has my head spinning, I mean it!
    [​IMG]

Press "v" to check your adv level and see all sorts of cool stuff about your character.

svartelric9, Chatele and Epona like this.
  15. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I must admit when I saw the thread title I was skeptical.. but everyone's manage to unload while being both civil and constructive.. well done!

Since I don't want to post and not contribute.. I'm not actually angry but..

*deep breath*
    Where's my blasted asset bounty list!? I want to get to work dang nab it! If it's not going to happen anymore at least let me know I no longer have any hope for raising my pledge anymore.
    *another deep breath.. and.. exhale*

Ok. :)

16. Abhann

Abhann Avatar

RED Spiders? there are RED spiders!!! I am having enough trouble with wolf spiders :(

I'm afraid that might have been me...thought I'd take up cooking

Otherwise, you all hit most of it, and most I know (or at least believe) will be fixed.....spiders, chat window, spiders, being unable to hit things I'm standing on, too many spiders, can't put stone walls in basement, spiders guarding wolves (whose bright idea was that one?!!!?)....

17. agra

agra Avatar

That got a chuckle, well done. :)

Raven Swiftbow likes this.
  18. Sianna Thorne

Sianna Thorne Avatar

This is the most polite "angry" thread ever. I love it. Spiders are also my nemeses. I want a giant can of spider killing spray. I think fire spells should work faster on them than they do. Some things are too expensive still, like taming, repairing, and archery. I don't think things should be easy necessarily, but it would be nice avoiding the grind just to keep up. Other than that, I was doing a happy dance at the last email about the upcoming release.

19. Spartacus2

Spartacus2 Avatar

fix fireball, its DOT stopped working after skill wipe! and i made myself invulnerable to bears using animal charm a few times.. was that a glitch?

Also you know what? I for one would love to see how your skill would change not just on the next skill level raise but the next 3 levels or better yet just say whats the level its stats will change and how? Some skills look like there stats or damage wont change at all no matter how much they go up in level? If we cant know the skill pool number we should know how skills will change and what level you need to get the skill to for this achievement.

Jivalax Azon, Chatele and margaritte like this.
  20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

;)Yes good job margaritte oops royce templar, sorry it is your thread.

Ok also I'm not angry about this but it does perplex me a bit. So regarding ************game sounds, environenment sounds, creature sounds, combat sounds etc**************** To me these are ****extremely important**** to making the game feel alive and fun. All through the testing cycle we have no choice but to base our thoughts and feedback on a system that ***sounds horrific***, ****except for the wonderful music that is ;)**** . So much of our feedback has been given while playing with barking wolves and growling skeletons, barrking alligators, yikes. Then during the last hangout it is *** is announced that the chore of giving us wonderful sounds is given to one of the developers who is already so buried in work that sounds will get in when he can get to them****. Oh me, oh my I question that decision. I do not question that perhaps this developer is competent, but sounds are so important and what we are hearing is pasted on in my opinion and not given the full love it deserves. We must have great sound effects in this game since it is a quiet game, only great sounds will make it come alive. Please, please reconsider the haphazard decision regarding sounds and give us some hope. Ok I am not mad but feel strongly about this, well as you can tell.:)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.