Telethon Rewards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gubbles, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

How can you tell that it shows up that you did not? I definitely bought something in time and the rewards don't show up on my account page yet...

mbomber likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well the date of purchase shows fro the next day on my purchase since I bought something from the add on store. I was pretty sure I got in on time. I am on Arizona time. I was so busy watching the telethon that I didn't catch that the pledge amount meant me too to get the rewards and then also I knew some who had been working during the telethon and would not even know about it, so they were going to lose out.;)

mbomber likes this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The DarkStarr rewards was added like addon items, so we can send those to someone else as a [Gift].
    I think we will see more things be implemented like that since it becomes less of a support burden when people want to move things around.

mbomber and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  4. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

I bought something during the Telethon and the date of purchase still showed up as the next day.
    Some clarification on this from devs would be great.

Hoose71, Engel, mbomber and 2 others like this.
  5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I have not received anything yet also. I have faith though that they will appear soon :)

mbomber, keybaud and Duke Raas like this.
  6. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Are you also accounting for the fact that the purchase dates on the Account page are displayed using the UTC time-zone ?

There is a five/six hour difference from that to the CDT time-zone used by Portalarium. :)

mbomber likes this.
  7. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

I am guessing that they will wait and give us all three at once when they are done creating them ;)

Kara Brae, mbomber and Duke Raas like this.
  8. Armaden Restal

Armaden Restal Avatar

Lost in the Corners of my Mind! aka St Louis, MO.
    Nothing showing up on my account yet either. I thought that I made my purchase at about 9:30pm CST, but my account says 23:33 and my PayPal says 6:33pm. I suspect that PayPal must be PST, but why does the site show it two hours later I wonder. (I'm in CST). Oh well, wait and see.

Edit - My memory is terrible, maybe I did do it at 6:33pm. I remember now that I watched the telethon for a while before bedtime.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    Tarsin likes this.
  9. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

I didn't catch it till later, but I hope it is not the case. Do we get the telethon rewards if we purchase something during that period, or only if we give a $5.00 minimum pledge. Was at work all day and when I got home was watching the streams. Sometime during the telethon, I decided to buy something from the store (figured why spend $5 when I could give $60 and get something in return). Wasn't till later I noticed must be a pledge. But couldn't figure how to make a flat monetary pledge (kept wanting to upgrade me to the next tier).

Tarsin likes this.
  10. fantalio

fantalio Avatar

It would put quite a few questions to rest if there was something that signifies that an account will be receiving these rewards. I made a $5 purchase on both accounts and have been checking every few days to see if anything has been added.

Tarsin likes this.
  11. Armaden Restal

Armaden Restal Avatar

I think they said that buying anything in the addons counted. That was the way I understood it, if not well then at least I got some Prosperity Tools. Hopefully I didn't just misunderstand, or I would have thrown another fiver at it.

Tarsin likes this.
  12. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Aye, it would not make any sense otherwise.

The only caveat was that it needed to be "new money", as in you could not use pre-existing Store Credit to cover the $5. :)

Lained, Tarsin and Hoose71 like this.
  13. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

Agreed... Ideally something would show (email, account details, etc.) we have the rewards... I did a pledge upgrade around 11PM CST, which falls within the time period described in the original rewards post. So the only thing I have, is an email showing my transaction went though at a certain time. I know the team is busy, and given DarkStarrs response in this thread, I'm just going to curb my concerns/anxiousness/questions until the rewards are actually in game. Figure if I don't have them at that point, I'll email support.

Hoose71 likes this.
  14. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I think the question people have is, when will the text appear on their website account page showing they're eligible. I bought an obsidian fence during the telethon, even posted it in the chat. I'm sure they just haven't added the text to accounts yet?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  15. Armaden Restal

Armaden Restal Avatar

Mine just showed up on my rewards page today. So it looks like they are just trying to get through the list of people who are eligible and I suspect everyone will see them soon if they aren't already there.

16. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Yep, see mine as well. :)

[​IMG]

17. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Hmm, mine are not there. I wonder if there is a bug in their time zone conversion and maybe they didn't account for the first hour. I purchased at 2015-08-31 15:12:15 which was 12 minutes into the telethon.

Leostemplar likes this.
  18. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Balec Fares deCani ...My purchase was at 2015-08-31 15:17:04 and I got my telethon rewards. Which is like 5 minutes later than you.

Balec Fares deCani likes this.
  19. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

It's on my account now. If you can prove you made the purchase during the timeframe I'd just contact support they're good about fixing any mistakes.

20. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Thanks....perhaps a bug excluding people who received gifts during the telethon???

Sounds like a plan

Leostemplar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.