Option to Lock Items to prevent from losing them accidently

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Odyssey2001, Sep 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

HI I just noticed a post that someone had accidently sold/salvalged an item by draging it ( benifactors polearm ), I was actually thinking that it could easilly happen by accident and low & behold I saw the post..

I think it would be a good idea to add the option to lock an item ( weapon, armor, ect..) so we do not accidently lose items we want to keep..

2. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

The fist failsafe is in place, we can't sell the things we have equipped. (Because what kind of idiot would do that? :rolleyes:) So, being able to lock things like our backup weapons would be really nice. Good idea!

Forest Dweller and Duke Raas like this.
  3. AviarAmidar

AviarAmidar Avatar

Yup, Lord of the Rings Online was one of the first games I remember having this and I always liked that feature.

One other thing to look at similar to this is leaving a party and quitting your guild. WHY are those options next to each other?

4. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

:oops:

Forest Dweller and Jivalax Azon like this.
  5. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Yeah good idea.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  6. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Acutally its easer to lose something than you stated. Do to the desk system you can switch decks which in turn will replace the items you are using as well. so if you have a Special Benefactor polearm tied to close combat deck and an ordinary Bow tied to ranch fighting deck ( like I have ) when in battle you may choose to use the range deck for distance fighting which would leave your other deck ( with the Special Benefactor polearm ) venarable to deletion/sold along with other stuff or what not.

Also special benefactor rewards should not be able to be deleted/swaped or accidently salvaged without going through some kind of special sequence in the options menu. Like a check box that would unlock rewards but Category.
    1: Unlock weapons rewards
    2: Unlock Armour rewards
    3: Unlock Housing rewards
    4: Unlock deed rewards
    5: etc....

Are you Sure? This would leave your Selected rewards vonerable to PERMINANT DELETION FROM YOU ACCOUNT. ( You cannot get this back once its gone )
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  7. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

the last line will not help. believe me.
    the items from the store or pledge rewards shouldn't be accepted by the npc vendors. For other items this could be useful.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  8. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

As someone who has gone through about every permutation of selling something I didn't want to, I understand. But, from my point, equipped is what you are currently wearing. Seems like I recall selling what I was wearing once. Don't know if that was before they idiot proofed it here or in some other game where I was sell happy. But you have a good point. Things bound to a deck should not be available for sale without removing the binding to the deck. I also like Sindariya's idea, things from the pledge store or rewards should not be able to be sold at NPC vendors.

Forest Dweller likes this.
  9. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Yesterday I deleted my artisan smelting tongs by accident. :( Was trying to delete my broken ingot mold but everything on the table was selected. I didn't see the selection because my LCD screen was tilted back and the selection highlighting doesn't show up at that angle. I was also half asleep which didn't help matters. Several times I've almost salvaged my 'good' weapon. So yes, a lock function would be most helpful.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Guilty as charged.
    Although it was a bit circumstancial.

Back when you'd get gold selling goods stolen from the Blacksmiths. I'd drag this and that over to my avatar, then walked up to the NPC and sold everything in my "equipment" tab.
    Problem is when you drag weapons to your avatar it replaces your current weapon. So I was standing there with a dagger equipped and my big crafted 2haxe sold. Didn't notice until I was halfway into a lich fight...
    Karma I guess.

But the use case still exist even for non-thieves. If you drag weapons from deco in dungeons like the Epitaph, it replaces what you had equipped, which you then can sell if unlucky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.