Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PVE should not impact PVP

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Make it a confirmation pop-up just like using dye or a repair kit. And you can go into options and turn off the confirmation pop-up if you know what you're doing.

2. smack

smack Avatar

Yes, I would tend to agree here. If you want to perform actions on others, anywhere at anytime then you need to take the risk and flag yourself PvP so it works both ways. But I'm sure there are other issues at play here where you may want the auto-flagging under certain conditions and under certain rules after that.

3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

What would be the point of having the Oracle for going open PvP when you could just abstain right up until the first blow/heal.

4. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Agreed, I think a prompt of "You are about to lose the Oracles blessing, do you wish to continue this line of action?" or something would be better. Does that possibly throw off a heal by a few sec? Yes. But it also rewards you for "being prepared" and not trying to stage blue-flag ambushes and the like.

5. smack

smack Avatar

So are you suggesting that nobody ever need visit the Oracle to remove their Blessing initially -- only to regain it? If you meant losing the blessing was only temporary via some cooldown timer and you'd regain it again automatically, that again just means the Oracle is useless.

Ristra likes this.
  6. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

More as just flavour text to explain it.

7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Only if they healed someone flagged would they be prompted that this would remove the Oracle's blessing.

8. smack

smack Avatar

That's understood -- my question was did he mean the removal was only temporary (regain automatically) or permanent (you'd have to visit Oracle to regain).

9. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

• This reads to me that you will be required to visit the Oracle to flag open PvP and once again to remove the flag. If auto flagging is an option, by simply engaging in a PvP action, then there is no need to visit the Oracle. That would also become part of the tactics in PvP. Immune from PvP until you jump in and immune from PvP once you drop the flag. - not good.
    Either you commit to open PvP or you stay out of open PvP.

10. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Correct me if I'm wrong but you still have to go out of your way to a confirmatory to flag pvp, right?

Why give people an easy way to flag? Just prevent non pvp from interacting in any way with pvp players and blame it on the Oracle interfering. Call it the Oracle protecting you from yourself.

Instead of a pop up that tells you that you are about to lose the oracles protection, why not just a pop up that says "This person is not protected by the Oracle. You can't seem to affect them."

Ristra likes this.
  11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    How about if some one attempt so heal a pvp that is pve, they get flagged and have a one minute cooldown on all spells. (or different duration of time, I just used the one minute as a placeholder) This would be the penalty for instant flagging.

12. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Those arbitrary penalties are the first to get changed when people complain. Just make it a hard line. No interacting with players that don't have the Oracles protection.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  13. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I agree, I was just trying to find a middle ground. I am in the "you have to flag to do any actions involving pvp" camp. :)

14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Think of the differences in the 2 ways for flagging.

1: visit the Oracle - flag - travel the world as open PvP. visit the Oracle - unflag
    2: see someone flagged - attack or heal - wait for timer - unflag

1: open PvP
    2: not open PvP

15. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

In EVE, any beneficial effect you apply to another ship, makes you inherit their same status instantly. So, if you help an outlaw (repairs, buffs, whatever), you become outlaw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.