Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Not a fan of the sword img in middle of combat bar..

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by Soulicide, Sep 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

I don't know what it is about this sword icon splitting my hotbar in half that I really dislike. I think it's just aesthetically not pleasing at all to have something split your combat bar in half and stick out further than the icons on the screen. It sort of feels like a step backwards to me in terms of making the hot bar sleek and more appealing. This just makes it appear clunkier. I haven't had the issue yet, but also makes for accidentally dragging your bar if you're a clicker.

[​IMG]

Yeah....not a fan. Also find the shovel for the non-combat bar a little awkward looking from a design perspective.

4EverLost and Katrina Bekers like this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

I think it clearly delineates the type of bar currently on screen, though I agree it's awkward as I group my skills into slots 1-5, 5-7 & 8-9 and this breaks a metal marker.

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I kind of like it. But I could see where it would be nice to have something else there, like a staff for a mage.

4. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I find it marginally useful as an easier way to grab the hotbar and move it around. If they put the pommel on the bottom and the blade pointed up, that might make it better for clickers.

Lord Hettar Fimbultyr likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yeah it shold be left side or tight sine NOT in the middle but as for its image it would be nice to have it choseable or setable to the deck,, A mage Deck, Archer Deck, Sword Deck etc.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  6. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Matching the height of the rest of the bar would be better.

Soulicide likes this.
  7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I'll have to get used to it but not a fan yet... I keep pressing the wrong number key thus far.

8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I like the sword icon in the combat bar. I tend to go with combat skills on the left, and utility skills on the right, and like that something breaks the skill bar up a bit.

Chatele likes this.
  9. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I'd like to be able to move the individual boxes of the two bars around rather than just the whole thing.

KuBaTRiZeS, Budner and Sara Dreygon like this.
  10. Godfrey

Godfrey Avatar

I like it. I also like the shovel on the non-combar bar as well. Quickly tells me which one is up. Saved my life once already.

Chatele likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The sword and the shovel are both additions that I like.

Chatele likes this.
  12. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

I thought the hotbars were perfectly fine before without them. Were people actually saying, "Hey, we need an unusually placed thing in the center of the hotbars because we can't tell the difference between our combat and non-combat bars." ? Nope.

It's just more unnecessary crap on my HUD I don't want. If any work was going to be done on the hotbars it should have been useful like ANY of the things people have been wanting for several releases such as the ability to scale the size of the bars and or separate them. I would love a toggle to make this thing go away. So that the folks that actually like it for whatever reason can still be happy. I like my UI to be sleek and customizable. This is a huge step back in that essence.

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I like them. Perhaps the glyphs could be a little smaller, but other than that I appreciate the change.:)

drrhodes likes this.
  14. drrhodes

drrhodes Avatar

Majoria beat me to my reply. (How did you know what I would say?) :rolleyes:

I like the symbol showing which hot bar is up, but some changes/features would be nice. Things such as reduce the size of the icon, allow a per hot bar symbol (blade for sword hot bar, bow for an archery bar, etc). Hot bar sizing would be nice, too.

One thing I might suggest is that when my weapon is sheathed, I can't tell which weapon will be used on use of the sheath key. So a dual icon, (total icons size at the bar size or slightly less) the larger one is the current hot bar (spade for sheathed, sword or such for an unsheathed hot bar) and a smaller one representing which hot bar will be active on pressing the sheath key.

15. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I personally like the sword and shovel on the hot bar but I'm not opposed to making them toggleable although I don't really think it serves much of a purpose except to satisfy a very small amount of individuals.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  16. V`ger

V`ger Avatar

Personally I like it when the bar is divided right in the middle. It just helps me to quicker find where a skill is located on my keyboard. What type of divisor (in this case a sword) it is doesn't really matter to me.

17. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

- I like that there is a way to move the bar even in combat.

- I like that there are visual clues about the actual active bar. Not entirely sure a shovel is the best pictogram for non-combat. Or that the taller-than-glyphs icon is a great idea. Maybe add a selection of custom icons to attach to every deck - including the non-combat bar?

- I like there may be some separators, but a middle one is arbitrary: it cuts in half my free slots, where I'd love to have a separator between keys 3 and 4, and between 7 and 8.

- However, I absolutely hate how many times I started dragging glyphs #5 or #6 to stack/combo and dragged the entire bar instead! :mad::mad::mad: Move it to one side!

Soulicide likes this.
  18. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I like it both the sword and shovel, lol some do some don't ..... can never please everyone o_O

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  19. tesyra

tesyra Avatar

While i dont hate the sword or the shovel, i wouldve preferred different work going on for the hotbar than polish artwork
    Its not something i really need, my hotbar hides itself when im not in combat, and shows itself when i am, so i dont need anything else to indicate which bar im using (also lets be honest, even if i didnt use autohide the different icons are a big clue, also im waving around a big flaming halberd - also a big clue to if im in combat or not

Instead of giving us little pictures of shovel and sword i would have rather they made the hotbar more customizable
    For example allow resizing of the entire hotbar (mine takes up too much screen playing on 1440x900) so to make it smaller (or bigger for those that may want it).
    Also allow its layout to be reshaped,
    7 8 9 0
    4 5 6
    1 2 3
    Thats how i use mine due to gamepad 7,8,9,0 all locked slots, 3 magic skills dealt to 456, and melee skills dealt to 1,2,3
    Or any other combination that other ppl may use - you can see why i dont need a sword between keys 5 and 6
    Other configurations should be possible, not everyone will want it my way (or your way), some might want 2 columns of 5 either side of their avatar
    Also, the deck swapping icon, and the encumbered button should resize along with the hotbar

I play on 1440x900 and all the UI elements are at least twice as big as i would like them to be, i would dearly love to be able to reduce them by at least 50% if not 75% (if the hotbar was about the same size as the icons are in the Glyph window (press L) that would be ideal for me

But please prioritize functionality above artwork for such UI elements, thank you :)
    Im sure youre going to tell me that the person who draws the swords/shovels isnt the person who can code a resizable ui, but i still feel functionality before art

I love that youve given us the options to auto-hide UI, now please give us the ability to resize and/or rearrange, lock in place, unlock, etc. Thank you

Soulicide likes this.
  20. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I like a lot of things about the hot bar. The sword down the middle is not one of them. For me, it's distracting (my eyes keep getting drawn to it) and breaks my focus off my glyphs and combat.

If I need to know what deck I am fighting with I'd rather they have changed my mouse icon to indicate this, so I can see my 'hand' in an actual image of the weapon/deck I am fighting with.

A bow for archer, a wand/staff for mages, a sword for knights, and whatever for everyone else:p That way, when I'm pointing my 'weapon' at something, it actually has my weapon (mouse) pointing there.

Soulicide likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.