Players unclickable during Vanish/Shadow Form.

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Lord Blackthorn, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

Looking for a dev confirmation that it was or was not intended for players to be unclickable when they are vanished and in shadow form.

The Shadow Form skill was used during a 1v1 pvp competition and players walked out of the competition saying it was an exploit being abused. I am assuming it is intended as they can still be injured via AOE spells and they can still be revealed using the reveal counter spell.

This is specifically in reference to the below locked thread.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-sunday-pvp-event-you-need-to-be-aware.38388/

@DarkStarr @Chris

2. Whiskiz

Whiskiz Avatar

Not sure what the craze is with your guild needing screenshots and word from a developer directly and hard evidence for this and hard evidence for that like everyone lies and something isnt true until they prove it to you personally, like everything that happens has to be documented for you before it really happened haha.

Better double check i wasnt lying when i said i was testing some things with Atos when R22 went live in owls head and found this bug, even when i said it in the forums. i could be lying about that, for some reason :p

How i found it? i got ganked by 2 squishies from stealth in OH went R22 went live, after they ran which your guilds pvp'rs (you being one im guessing ;)) know all about, one got away by leaving the zone and then came back in and stealthed, i tried to tab target him to try kill again but i couldnt. I then tried to click on him in the world and nothing.

5 or so minutes later Atos comes into OH entrance to do some testing, we did some testing and while doing so i told him that people currently cant be targeted in stealth both by tab or click. He said can no longer tab but should be able to click, i told him it doesnt work, making you for all intents and purposes invincible unless you have reveal hidden. He said you are meant to be able to click on people and tested and said that its a bug and will be fixed, maybe R23? or just in general, cant remember if he specified.

Also had a duel with him and he had around my stats but was tankier than me and stronger than me and wanted to test out some defensive skills, i had to keep healing grace up entire time and use healing touch cards when they came up while he meanwhile didnt heal once and was a close fight but i just managed to win and have Atos's hand to prove it :D (he let me win in the end but it was good and relatively close ;) and most importantly fun still)

Closest, most challenging fight ive had haha.

But dont take my word for it, or any players word for anything at all, this could all be one carefully constructed lie, need that proof before its real yo aha.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  3. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

Your comments above are just simply staggering and I have no doubt you wont "fully" understand what I'm implying there but it doesnt really matter. You called a good player an exploiter without even knowing the mechanics behind the skill then tucked tail and ran away from the event. No honor and subsequently, no deserved respect.

The question isn't whether the player is or isn't clickable or tab targetable, the question is if its an unintentional bug or if it was an intended mechanic.

4. Whiskiz

Whiskiz Avatar

Lol same thing, was it an untintentional bug (there are intentional bugs? LOL) if not, it was an intended mechanic. which it wasnt, for like the 4th time now in 4 different places haha.

As to the rest of your post, just as much truth warping as explained in my thread that you linked, so i dont need to clarify here, gr8 b8 though, on your alt account still :p

Besides, why would i tuck tail and run when i already beat the other players including the one from your guild? ;)

The only one left that i didnt get to fight (before underhanded tactics were used and everyone not in your guild including me bailed) having boycott (healing) magic and being his first time in pvp, wasnt really as strong as he could have been and as strong as the others.

The logic from you is real.

5. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

Hopefully the Devs can clear it up for us. ;)

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I was working on a long post in that other thread but it got closed before I could finish, so I'll just make this one short before it happens here too, LOL. I wanted to attest to the honor of myself as well as BMC with many examples, but I'll just let that lie for now and keep this post topic related.

Besides, I couldn't make the event last night so I don't know all the facts that went on there and shouldn't comment on it anyway.

But I do know that we did a guild event on Friday and it was in a PVP zone. We had groups pit against each other and it was sort of like a team vs team thing. Well, some players on the other team used Shadow Form and I saw the "blur" running around. I WAS able to manually click target them and doing damage did bring them out of stealth.

After realizing that stealth was going to be a factor, I added Reveal Hidden to my non-combat bar and with it only being level 10, I was able to break Shadow Form a couple times if I was close enough.

Anyway, if there was a bug with you not being able to click target, it could have been just an odd bug related to something else that prevented you from targeting and not necessarily an exploit "win button" that you were speaking of before... because I personally was able to counter Shadow Form both ways myself.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  7. Whiskiz

Whiskiz Avatar

I explained all the facts, everything that happened, in the linked thread.

Ive tried tab targetting and clicking on stealth recently and it still isnt working, ill try again soon, nor was the other person able to target and attack when stealth was used, furthermore as mentioned in that linked thread he also went outside the arena up on the benches which happened to be next to me, while regen'ing the entire time then jumped back down and jumped out of stealth. Ask him, i know for a fact.

Not to mention the fact of the stealthed healer cheat weeks earlier as mentioned also in the linked thread.

Plus Atos confirming it as a bug and every time i have tried it, it not working.

But i guess thats not what this thread is for.

KuBaTRiZeS and margaritte like this.
  8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I'm not calling you a liar. Honestly, I tend to believe you aren't making things up. I know you tend to speak up when you think something fishy is going on (which is pretty often), but I've never known you to make anything up or lie about it. I'm just saying I wasn't there to see for myself. I do think that if you physically saw "Mr. N" leave the arena and heal up on the bleachers, you should have made that claim at the time. If I was there and had seen that too, I would have spoken up about it myself (guildy or not). I don't know if/when you made that info known, but if you proved that happened as he was out of the arena, he should have been disqualified just for leaving the arena, as that is the ONLY rule that I'm aware of for the event.

Now, I was there for that "stealthed healer" a few weeks ago that you spoke of and I can comment on that. That person that was stealthed and fell into the arena was NOT a BMC member. It was a visiting spectator and I Whispered that person's name to you that day. I can't remember the name right now or I would post it and ask him to verify what I'm saying, but I am certain it was NOT a BMC member.

Furthermore, I saw the "blur" of that person as he fell into the arena, and watched him just run right out through the gate, and up onto the bleachers next to me. At that time, I clicked on the blur and then I could see his nameplate... which is how I knew who it was. That person did cast a heal spell once up on the bleachers, but it was on himself! That's when he came out of stealth and I could see his nameplate and guild tag. I'm guessing he was just healing his own fall damage from falling into the arena. I know this because I saw you complaining about it and I immediately checked the combat log to see what happened. NOBODY in the tournament got a heal from a stealthed player!!!!

Think about it for a second... if you cast anything while in Shadow Form, it drops you out of stealth, so if he had healed someone in the arena, it would have revealed him. This alone proves that what I said was true.

So that "incident" was simply a spectator falling in and running through. I guess you would call him a Reverse Streaker since he was hiding instead of showing himself off, LOL. But the fact remains that he had no impact on that bout other than the distraction of you seeing him run through.

So now maybe you can erase that one from your book of "things BMC did wrong".

Now, as to what I meant by an odd bug related to something else... there are strange, unrelated things that affect other aspects of this game in it's current state.

For example, sometimes when I'm mining, I can't target an ore node if I'm out of combat. I try to click it like 30 times, in all different spots and nothing works. I see the mining pick icon, but still no go. If I go into combat, I can mine it immediately, no problem.

Last night, I had that issue again and I noticed it happened right after I cast a Light spell (even though it wasn't gone yet, I tend to refresh it often so it doesn't drop while I'm mining). So before going into combat mode to be able to mine that node, I decided to try casting Light again. Low and behold, after that, I was able to mine it outside of combat like nothing was wrong.

So, my guess is that sometimes one action can lock you out of another action temporarily, or until something "fixes" it. It might have been an issue like this when you were testing the targeting with Atos. But I'm telling you that I've been able to target a stealthed person both in R21 and R22 by clicking on the blurry avatar. I can't say it always works. But I am saying that at least a couple times it did work for me. Regardless of what causes the issue sometimes, I hope they can track it down and fix it soon.

margaritte likes this.
  9. Ship One

Ship One Avatar

This is not the proper forum I think if it is a bug you discovered. And ofcourse, other information like time, date, parties involved, repeatibility etc. Otherwise, what was stated could be a singular event or untrue.

10. Lord Viator

Lord Viator Avatar

margaritte likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.