If You Want To Go The Sunday PvP Event, You Need To Be Aware.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Whiskiz, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiskiz

Whiskiz Avatar

If You Want To Go To* The Sunday PvP Event.....

Just to let you know that if you do want to go to the event that is hosted by a guild with alot of their own in the event, to either support or especially enter, when the entry fee is 20k on top, that there is no rules including when their pvp'rs do some dodgy things for example getting friends to heal them while in stealth in fights or using an exploit that makes you completely invincible. They will defend those players on top saying there are no rules and anything can be used, basically justifying and again defending exploits and cheating, without actually saying those specific words...

Now before i go any further id like to let people know that there is a major difference between an exploit and just an imbalanced skill which there is plenty of, an exploit you will always win, gain a major advantage. From explosion potion spam exploit doing 10x40 dmg in 2 seconds up to like 5 times in a row isntantly killing everyone, to the exploit mentioned below making you invincible so you can regen up and keep fighting again and again until you win. And definitely a difference between unbalanced skills and straight up cheating like getting heals from others in stealth during 1v1.

I entered this sunday tournament 2 weeks ago and during one of the fights with a member from the guild hosting it, i saw someone in stealth drop into the arena and was casting white, healing spells, i put 2 and 2 together and i realized he was healing my opponent. I ran to him and he ran through the gate and back out of the arena once he realized i saw him and i almost lost because of it, trying to bring him out of stealth to show everyone before realizing he was untagged so i couldnt hit him to do so, all the while their guilds best pvp'r was wailing on me (and still lost, lol)

So i still won, since pvp is really not the guilds strong point which is probably why the pvp section do these kinds of things, but i did not return the next week, even for free gold. They can do whatever they please, it is their event, but i wont be a part of that.

The week later i was told by the guild member who i was fighting at the time of this incident that he had no idea of the stealther, they kicked a few ppl from the zone that was using stealth and that he generally seemed to have not been a part of it, so i took him at his word and gave them a second chance.

We got to talking about stealth and how its currently broken, how they made it so now you cant tab target someone in stealth, you have to click on them manually, on their shimmering invisible form in the world, but its currently bugged to where that isnt working either, that me and atos were talking about and testing it and other stuff when R22 became live so i know of the intentions and know this is not intended and told him so, then told him not to tell anyone else though since its an exploit and others will use.

Even though its not hard to know its not intended, of course they wont make you completely untargetable in stealth, where your completely invincible, making reveal hidden mandatory on every single persons combat bar for pvp and making you as i said invincible if someone isnt rolling with that specific skill permanently......

So right now as mentioned if you enter stealth (unless its been fixed since) you are completely for all intents and purposes invincible, you cannot be targeted, the only thing that could be done is have reveal hidden on your combat bar if you happen to have it, which no1 uses and no1 should, need, to.

A few days later, 3 weeks after the first event i enter the event again after that talk with that person. There is 4 of us, each from a different guild including that player who i fought last time, from the guild that hosts the event, when that stealther dropped into the arena and was healing him and the guy i was talking to about stealth being completely broken and making you invincible currently etc etc.

Lets call him Mr N for something easier to refer to.

While fighting Mr N i noticed he was trying to cast something out of the ordinary when he was almost dead, then DC'd right before dying, was going to die anyway from only being like 2 auto's away from death with almost no focus and me being over half life.

after a couple of fights Mr N is up against someone else. He gets hit hard and is almost dead again, he then pops stealth, used the completely broken current exploit of becoming invincible and runs out of the arena in stealth up into the crowd benches right next to me and regens up, regens almost full then jumps back down into the arena and out of stealth and keeps fighting the person and goes on to win because of it.

He had just used the invincible exploit to cheat someone of their 20K and fair chance at winning the tournament...... After telling me he knew nothing of that stealther 3 weeks ago that was healing him.........

(Further proof he knew what he was doing, that he was purposely using the invincible exploit, is the fact that he not only went stealth but also then run outside the arena and up onto the crowd stalls next to me while regen'ing, just in case.)

Right back at it again. The worst part is, it is that guilds best pvp'r doing this and so the one that should be setting the example and sets the image for the guild in pvp. Which now has a very interesting image indeed.

I explain in local about the exploit, clearly and that Mr N was very aware of said exploit from the discussion we had on it earlier and that he just used it to win. From his guild, the guild hosting the event, i am met with all sorts of defense and warping of words and claims of rules this and being allowed that, even though not one of them would say that using an invincible exploit itself was allowed and alright to do, but trying to justify it by using generilizations such as "anything is allowed to be used" "we dont have any rules" and saying any game mechanics in game are allowed etc. (Even though anyone else, who wasnt just trying to protect their cheaters, knows being pre-alpha there are exploits especially one so blatant as invincibility which is not intended and obviously should not be taken advantage of in an event, especially one where ppl are paying 20K gold to enter and that there is a difference between no rules for skills that seem stronger and maybe even op at the time and blatant insta-gib exploits like this.....)

I told them later that with all their wording and attempts at damage control to look good for the public at the event and generalizations used to condone complete and blatant cheating without saying so specifically, that they would make great politicians.

Not only did they defend a blatantly broken system/exploit currently, but when i said i would no longer take part in such an underhanded event and went to the right person to get my entry and bet gold back, they would not give me a refund. They only decided to eventually give it back when i said "wow, thats fine, but ill be letting people on the forums know about this if you guys are going to cheat people out of the event and their gold"

Only then did they want to give my gold back and were seemingly real helpful and really wanting to give it back, to which i told them to keep it, they arent going to pay me off what was owed to me, to keep me quiet.

More twisting of what happened, attempts at justification of blatant exploits and general damage control while completely guilty, ensued.

So if you go to the pvp event on sunday, be aware, the guild that hosts its pvp'rs cheat and the event hosters of the guild and some other guild members defend their pvp'rs that cheat and will not give you your gold back until threatened with letting everyone else know about what goes on.

I hope this does not happen to anyone else, luckily i could afford it and i just hope this makes people aware.

I may end up making a 1v1 tournament in Chaos Crossroads if people would like to partake in a fun casual pvp tournament setting but with proper rules and hosting of it where there will be no cheating, no underhanded tactics used and most importantly no defending of it on top. Id be quite happy to sit out of it myself and our guild in general to ensure this.

Be safe.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. Whiskiz

Whiskiz Avatar

If anyone would like further details, to make sure they never accidentally get involved in an event or guild that does and condones things like this, feel free to pm me.

If you have any other questions i can help with in general, especially about pvp :p feel free to pm me.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

and you are afraid of calling them out why?

Name them the players and the tactics more clearly. The more these people are called out the more they will be ignored and left to their own ways ALONE.

If they are truly playing like that now they will continue to do so in the live release.

4. Whiskiz

Whiskiz Avatar

I would man but i am afraid they will try to get this thread shut down, especially since it is a big guild, so i am trying to warn other people while making sure nothing can be done to get this swept under the carpet.

At least the other competitor that was there, that had the invincible exploit used on them, said he wouldnt be coming back also and that mostly everyone else that wasnt in the guild that hosts it each sunday, left too and is now aware.

That together with this thread and the fact people can pm me for futher details if its important to them, should be alright to make people aware and within the rules.

Their pvp'rs wont get away with cheating and exploiting time and again, nor will the hosters for blindly defending said actions. Unless the rest of the guild does not mind and lets them continue doing it. Then everyone else will just be aware and no longer have anything to do with the aforementioned guild. Either way works.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  5. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Given that there's only one PvP event listed for Sundays at the Calendar on avatarscircle.net, it's not difficult to figure out which guild-hosted event this was. I've been attending it as a spectator pretty regularly, but after what I saw today, and the dodgy interactions I've had with some of their players over the last week, I won't be back either. A lot of us just walked out mid-tourney after the spin going on in defense of the player in question.

I think charging a 20k entrance fee and then saying they rely on "gentlemen's agreements" not to abuse known exploits is laughable. As stated in the OP, there's a big difference between skills/mechanics that are broken and need balancing and exploits that make a player invincible that get pulled out at the last moment when you're about to die.

I truly hope this guild will reevaluate the policies that govern the event in the name of fairness, else their reputation will continue to suffer. At the very least something about making a gentleman's agreement at the start of your match concerning use of exploits should be added to the faq just so all combatants are on the same page. There are "anything goes" carnage matches, but then there's just cheating, and no one wants to pay 20k and get cheated out of a fair fight, especially when it's a member of the guild hosting doing the dodgy business.

6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

So...more or less... you paid someone 20K to get ganked by their entire guild?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    Alecs_Graham2, Enfo and Ice Queen like this.
  7. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I think you are spot on and in the right to call out anyone that does these underhanded deeds. If you call a tournament it has rules. If the tournament has no rules then nothing is wrong. By nature people are easily deceived into thinking things will be handled appropriately. I know you did not have the chance, but in the future if you can please provide screenshots of individuals that do this. It is probably a friend of the person you where in combat with by the way.

8. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

While I share a general apathy toward the guild in question, I was at the event the OP is speaking of and in fairness to all involved I think he needs to do some fact checking before he starts making accusations. The "exploit" in question is the skill Shadow Form and the fact that you cant click the person who is invisible while they are hidden. This allowed the person who used the skill to regain focus and eventually win the fight.

Whiskiz would paint this as cheating or an exploit. The fact that the hidden player is unclickable is part of the intended game mechanic. I would also point out, this is not a bug or an exploit but rather the intent of the Devs. How do I know this? Because naturally, players are clickable, the Devs would have had to ADD code to make them unclickable during their shadow form duration, which makes the whole accusation moot. Do you see any dev posts saying this wasn't intended? I haven't.

Moreover, there is a counter to vanish and shadow form, called reveal. After the fight, the hosts proved that a level 1 reveal WILL make the vanished/shadow formed player reappear, so his opponent was simply unprepared for that tactic during the fight.

Moreover, the cooldown for reveal is 5 seconds and the cooldown for vanish is more like 30 seconds creating maximum opportunity for a better prepared fighter to counter the tactic.

Moreover, the so-called "exploiter" used shadow form at a low focus and low health level which is a HUGE risk considering they used a lot of focus, didn't immediately have the ability to heal and could have been killed EASILY with a few quickly clicked AOE attacks.

Moreover, the host has repeatedly advertised that there were no rules and no restricted skills at this particular event. The "Gentleman's Agreement" is a universal agreement known game wide among pvpers which is up to the combatants to establish prior to the start of the fight.

The person the "exploiter" was fighting isn't speaking up here because they have a level of honor and know they themselves have used exploits and OP/buggy skills in the past at the exact same event. With all due respect, this thread is a rediculous attempt to simply and specifically defame a large organization, who have had the same rules for their tournament event since they started hosting it literally months ago.

anakin likes this.
  9. Whiskiz

Whiskiz Avatar

I already explained in my first post that i know what is and is not intended and is and is not working from having tested with Atos when R22 first came live. He said it is a bug, you say whatever you want, it does not matter.

The most important thing being that Mr N was also aware, from the conversation we had about it.

You also did not explain the healer in stealth the first time.

Coincidence? Because you cant?

I guess this is the defense from the guild in question. You say you're not from the guild, not affiliated with them, yet its like you then did not even read my post properly for some reason.

Or you are indeed affiliated with them, it would not be the first time they have used underhanded tactics.

As previously mentioned, this generalization of no rules or restricted skills does not justify using and then defending an exploit, especially one that makes you invincible. Especially one the offender was well aware of and one that was explained clearly in chat and still defended blindly (had to be blind to defend something like this?)

As i again previously mentioned, there is a difference between no rules and restricted skills for things that are stronger or op, and using exploits especially ones that make you invincible. Just seems like more word play, damage control and generalizations to justify exploit use, from the guild or at the very least a friend of the guild.

Or someone very misinformed and that cant read properly.

Alecs_Graham2 and Katrina Bekers like this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Why wasn't there a cage, I thought that was the point?
    Combatants shouldn't be able to run up into the bleachers.
    Non-combatants shouldn't be able to get into the arena to help or hinder.

agra, leilakin, margaritte and 4 others like this.
  11. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

There should be cages or chains with ankle clamps. Unless you are using a lirpa. I do hope they will get in the game soon along with that stirring ancient battle combat song. That what i envision when i start hosting the Obsidian challenge next year.

One thing i do not understand about this thread is why people had to pay to join? Is that not the job of the host? Welcome guests, provide prizes, give out rewards? I do not PVP much so im unsure of proper etiquette.

margaritte, Spoon and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  12. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

I would really want to host some type of (hopefully) annual event after the game is released. Not sure if I would send invites like "return of the dragon" or let anyone join. Some of the PVP players like the Baron of Rats Nest and that badass guy, Ravicus have been perking my interest. I might dabble a bit to have fun but i suspect I can better serve the PVP community in a support role. Perhaps you can also help me after launch by letting me pick your brain. Thanks for the thread. Also, I think I'll give out a Lady Byng.

margaritte and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  13. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

There never were vanished players in the ring healing people. This ring is pretty small and while people do fall in the top accidentally, all the hot shots like whizkid would have been in the combat log so fast to verify a stealthed healer our heads would have spun. I mean seriously, there are like 20+ spectators on average.

Post a screenshot of the combat log of when you saw someone healing a combatant from the stands and Ill believe it. Until then, all I see is another childish attempt by a Chaos Crossroads person causing trouble for other people.

Maybe you guys should focus all this effort into something positive for a change to better your town, because TBH, you're floundering.

anakin, leilakin and Enfo like this.
  14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Accusing somebody before something has happened? Interesting.
    But tl;dr sooooo I might be wrong.

mbomber likes this.
  15. Selene

Selene Avatar

Hmmmn. Interesting that the two people defending the event are doing so with their alt accounts instead of their main accounts. That makes me wonder about the veracity of their defense. We all know which guild the OP is talking about. Perhaps some of them could weigh in officially? disband these claims? I would think the BMC holds their events to a higher standard than what is being portrayed.

leilakin, margaritte and Whiskiz like this.
  16. Whiskiz

Whiskiz Avatar

Well, said.

Apparently they would rather take personal shots at me and try to slander me and the guild i happen to be in, anonymously on alt accounts, instead of even explaining their side of it or trying to clear things up amicably and maturely.

Just goes to further validate this thread?

leilakin and margaritte like this.
  17. Verit

Verit Avatar

After whiskiz brought up this possible exploit, the event was halted. It was tested. The test showed that reveal worked as intended and pulled the player out of stealth. I don't see why a skill that they made another skill to counter should be banned from a no rules tournament or villainized as using an exploit. I think skills and counter skills are a standard part of gameplay, especially in no holds barred pvp.

18. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

Please do not make threads with the intention of calling players out on the forum. If you think there is a possible exploit in play, make a post about the mechanic in the proper bug forum and keep from specifics about players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.