Low amount of Row housing.

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Lexluker, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexluker

Lexluker Avatar

I have a tax-free row deed and was looking for a place to put it. Since there hasn't been a wipe in a bit I understandably have had a hard time finding a lot to put it on in a npc town. I am noticing though that row lots seem to be much scarcer than village lots and am a little worried that I will have issues at launch finding an open lot since I am only a Royal Ancestor. I was thinking about getting a four story house and 5 level basement while they are on sale, but am nervous to do it if finding a lot is going to be an issue.

I know that there are POTs, but for this starter house I would like to get a base going in a npc town. I eventually plan to buy a village deed and house over time with gold so that it gives me something to work for and at that time I might put that into a POT if I find one I trust, but since I will be one of the founders I really am hoping a can claim a lot in a npc town to start off with so I will always have that waiting for me.

My question is, do you think I am I worrying about it to much and I should expect to find an open row lot at launch or would it be a better bet to hold off till there is more info on the other npc cities and towns?

2. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Since no one of us knows right know how the land rush will work its hard to tell.
    My bet is that it will be really hard to get a place in an npc town with good location.

Numa likes this.
  3. Lexluker

Lexluker Avatar

That is what I am nervous about. Have they mentioned if the higher level founders can place all of their deeds or if they will have a limit on how many they can place when it is their time to choose? If they can only put down a couple I might have a shot, but if they can use all the ones the are holding I am guessing most lots will be taken well before I can choose.

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

The reason row lots are scarce now (in NPC towns) is because they are so cheap to buy and the rent system isn't in place yet. So many people buy them and take up all the NPC lots just to have another /zone location to get around quicker.

Once the game launches, gold will be much harder to come by early on and players won't be able to buy them all up right away. The land rush will go to all the village lots first (since those are sold out already) and there will be plenty of row lots available for the first couple weeks to a month or so. After that, it may change, who knows. But if you start right at launch time, you shouldn't have an issue grabbing a row lot.

A lot of people will also seek out residence in POT's too, making NPC town row lots even more available.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Numa and Link_of_Hyrule like this.
  5. Venusada

Venusada Avatar

The higher level founders can only place one deed during the land rush. I am pretty sure they have posted that info.

6. Lexluker

Lexluker Avatar

Thank you! That makes a pretty big difference if that is the case. I have just come back to this game after backing at the kickstarter and have a lot of info to process so I must have missed that.

Numa likes this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Read this one (short version)
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19#faq_58
    Then read this one (long version)
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/lot-selection-sequence-process.11466/

One deed per account in tier order, after that all extra/additional deeds in one great go.

I wouldn't worry too much. Why you see it full everywhere is due to all the in game gold bought row lot deeds (which we use for zoning back and forth), those won't compete until after all pledge and addon deeds have had their chance.
    They have mentioned suburbs to Brittany having lots of NOC housing.

Let me know if you want a spot in Ardoris these last couple of weeks before the R23 full wipe.
    I could release mine so you can get one. Friend me in game to see when I'm online.

8. Lexluker

Lexluker Avatar

Thanks for the advice! I will settle down a bit and not worry so much lol.

9. Lexluker

Lexluker Avatar

Thank you for the information and offer. I think I will take you up on that. :)

Spoon likes this.
  10. Kit Kimberlin

Kit Kimberlin Avatar

The POT, Middleton Markets, will be placing soon and will contain 288 Row Lots along with Village and Town. I know you are looking for an NPC town, but look for us soon. This static POT's design is already approved by the devs and will be rather unique how it caters to merchants and crafters. A lot can be acquired with in-game gold for a low fee post launch, but after that there will be zero taxes to the citizens other than their deed tax..if any.

Numa and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

If you want to I got 4story house and 5story basement as well (or at least I think so but a guildie might have taken them by now, will have to check).
    So that you can try them on for size. That basement is HUGE and there will be four story row houses in game for gold. So I'd recommend only getting the basement and skip the extra house.
    Also there will be plenty of folks dumping extra houses early after launch.

12. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

There will be plenty of row housing available to you in NPC towns and no player no matter what the tier they are at that owns a property deed will have to place in a POT at launch if they don't want to. I can't recall the exact percentage but I'm sure someone else can find this, but the aim is to have something like 30% additional player housing over pledge and add on lot deeds available for in game purchase. So if everyone claims a lot be it a pledge lot or add on store lot at launch there will still be at least 30% additional lots available to you to relocate to until these have been acquired by people playing the game and purchasing them with in game gold.

I spoke to Richard earlier this year about this and he advised this also includes high level lots like the Duke Keep as he doesn't want the last player to claim a lot to be stuck with only one option to place their home. As for finding a row lot I understand your pain, currently I'm at Duke level and there are only 3 NPC controlled duke keeps that I'm aware of and over 100 dukes. I got up at 4:00am yesterday just to get on the QA Server to try and claim one so I could figure what store add on's I wanted to purchase.

13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Numa and Kit Kimberlin like this.
  14. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

You should consider joining a POT before launch. Then you'll know your location, your neighbors, your biome, the character of the town, your tax status, etc.

Lord Baldrith and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.