Would you like to know more about LB?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kurupt, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurupt

Kurupt Avatar

Hello everyone,

Not sure where I should be posting this. So, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. However, an episode on Lord British from the old G4 TV show "icons" is now available on youtube. Just something to get you all familiar with the man who is behind this kick ass game.

Enjoy!

licemeat, Freeman, rild and 3 others like this.
  2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I'm not ashamed to admit that RG was a childhood inspiration. He took his creativity and passion and funneled it into success at a young age. Then he took the financial gains from his business and used it to reward his creative endeavors in turn.

And he challenged the video game industry to do more in the way of storytelling.

rild likes this.
  3. hanskrsg

hanskrsg Avatar

Thanks for sharing the video, hadn't seen this before.

4. rild

rild Avatar

Thanks for sharing! Did you know Richard has some articles on space travel on Huffington Post? Pretty interesting stuff. I'd like to hear his opinion on the Hyperloop that Elon Musk unveiled last week.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-garriott-de-cayeux/

Question: When I was a teenager I read what I recall to be an autobiography or memoir by Richard Garriott. I enjoyed it thoroughly and was looking around for a copy to revisit. It was a shiny blue book with the silver serpent on the cover. I can't seem to find a trace of it anywhere.. any clues? I think it may published under Origin Systems, but can't be sure...

5. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

No..no thanks.

6. stile

stile Avatar

I highly recomend Richard Garriott: Man on a Mission. Its a biography, grab it off amazon. Its very well done. More focuses on the space flight stuff, but covers some other stuff. Frankly if i didnt even know anything about the person it was made about, it would just be interesting on its own.

smack likes this.
  7. smack

smack Avatar

This?
    http://ultima.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Book_of_Ultima

I'd also recommend Man on a Mission. Really great film about Richard's life long quest to go to space. Definitely worth watching if you're also into space stuff. It's also available on Netflix streaming.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  8. rild

rild Avatar

Dang no but good guess! I better see if that's lying around I parents' house. It's first person perspective from RG. I wanted to ask joe Garrity or someone during the telethon but i fell asleep :/

--edit-- oh wait yes i think that IS it! thanks! i didn't see the second edition image. hmm now i have to go find it and see. i don't remember anything but biography but then again, i think i was like 11.

9. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Speaking of the man himself, who wants to know more about Joe Garrity? This guy is awesome, and I wish he had a forum account so I could let him know it.:)

Also, RG is cool too.

rild likes this.
  10. rild

rild Avatar

Yes, his was one of my favorite segments of the Telethon, just fascinating. Hope to see more from him in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.