Which type of PvP do you prefer?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Ice Shenron, Jul 22, 2013.

?

Which type of PvP style do you wish for the devs to draw most from?

1. Open PvP and open loot (Pre-AoS)

57.1%
  2. Open PvP and insurance/loot (as in how Fel was during AoS times)

11.9%
  3. Regional PvP/Guild v Guild/Factions

9.5%
  4. Guild v Guild/Factions only

9.5%
  5. Battle Ground only (similar to the BG system WoW had)

11.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Père Fouettard

Père Fouettard Avatar

@Ice Shenron None of the options in the poll are relevant. The multiplayer online experience designed for SotA is a world entirely different from any period of UO and as such there is little to get out of framing aspects of SotA with UO mechanics.

Jacques-le-Nimble and Phredicon like this.
  2. Ara

Ara Avatar

It's an attempt from OP to see where the highest interest lies and might affect the direction of the developer team when it comes to PvP. Remember that we havent seen the final PvP system yet and there will be a alpha/beta where changes can take place.

3. Ice Shenron

Ice Shenron Avatar

Only 2/5 options mention UO as an EXAMPLE.... :eek:

Again the question is " Which type of PvP style do you want the devs to draw from the most?"

The fact that I said "draw from the most" would imply that the devs are creating their own system... :oops:
    Thus every option is actually relevant, as we know little to nothing about PvP... And as the whole point of this forum is for the devs to see what the players want... I thought creating the first PvP poll in the PvP section would be a good place to start. You tell me :)

Just for fun, what poll options would you have put o_O?

4. Owain

Owain Avatar

Don't take it personal, @Ice Shenron. Some folks around here get hives when you mention UO.

5. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

@Ice Shenron:

Your thread title and pool title don't match. I voted based on the thread title, which is to say the kind of PvP I would personally prefer to play (which is Battleground-like PvP), but as long as the PvP is effectively optional I'm fine with whichever model of PvP the devs can dream of (and what I would want the game to have is whatever is best for the game as a whole, whatever that might be).

6. Ice Shenron

Ice Shenron Avatar

@SilentStrider Yeah sorry about that, I just noticed that myself hah. And honestly that's the best way of looking at it, whatever works hah. Thanks for your vote

@Owain I know lol, I agree UO had some bad things that I hope they don't implement, but they had a lot of good systems which we can draw from and make better. Unfortunately a lot of people don't see that...

7. ND3G

ND3G Avatar

Open world PvP and Open PvP all the way.

TemplarAssassin and Owain like this.
  8. Ice Shenron

Ice Shenron Avatar

From the looks of it we won't be getting any of that, at least not the way we expected it when we bought the game

9. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Huh?

10. Owain

Owain Avatar

I think we may get open PvP all the way, but only by consent. It's a matter of semantics, I guess. If you flag for open PvP, to you, the whole world will look like it's open PvP. Folks playing in a different mode are playing a different game, and you will never see them unless you change modes.

@Templar, I think he's saying that there won't be just a single open PvP mode for everyone, nor should there be.

11. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

The only thing I was expecting when I bought the game was to help bring another title to market in the hopes that I'd find it more entertaining than frustrating or dissapointing. RG hasn't made ME any direct promises he isn't keeping, and I haven't seen anywhere else that he said one thing and is doing another.

With the number of people who want open PvP, if the slider system is instituted, I suspect that you will have more than enough enemy players to assail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.