can I macro a gustball and gain craft exp?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darlok Brimstone, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

I want macro gustball for crafting gains. Can I? I can with advetur exp.

Ravicus Domdred and FrostII like this.
  2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

You get no exp of any kind from attacking a gustball. You can however assign adv exp you have saved by doing so.

Ravicus Domdred and FrostII like this.
  3. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

OK. I see peple in owls hed all the time macroing. I thoght it was for exp. Than you.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

They are NOT gaining exp - just using it up training a skill- Adventuring Skill - ATM the only way to gain producer exp or skills is to craft something - what are you trying to gain?

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  5. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

well if logik dictates actions, then gustball would give exp for craft. You kill all day and go and gain on gustbal. You gather all day why not have gustball give you craft gains? its same thing. You are just puting exp in difrent spot.

Jivalax Azon and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Since they are using a skill on the gust ball - HOW - do you see using a crafting skill (which requires, a table, tools, and resources) on a gust ball.

But please don't get me started on that PATHETIC mechanic of training on a gust ball it needs to be adjusted MASIVLY.

As for your Logic - sorry don't see it - want to gain crafting - craft - it is easy, and just as mindless :-(

If you are going to say it uses resource's ?? Well you should be trying to make something anyhow so - - it is working toward you end goal?

7. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

oh, ok. well do people get ware and tare on wepons attacking gustbal? would that not equat to resorses? I do not see wy not to gain, as you are not loosing anything when you macro on gustabal.

8. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

No, it wouldn't. Wear and tear is what you get when you fight and DESTROY stuff. Crafting is what you get when you CREATE stuff.

You use crafting skills and get resource, you use crafting skills and you make new resources, you use crafting skills and you can fix resources, you use crafting skills and scavenge resources (no, salvage an item, you are creating resources that would have been otherwise destroyed by fighting) not destroy the item

Ravicus Domdred and Ice Queen like this.
  9. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

so wen peaple attack gustball, the weapon or the gustball not get damaged. Nothing to repair on gustball or weapon. How is that difrent than not using resorces?

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I understand your desire - it is not there - the only way to train / gain producer skills is producer skills - sorry. Turn; cotton into Thread - Hides into Leather - Ore into Ingots, those are way to train some refining then you have resources to make items to train the Crafting skill. It is not like Adventuring where you HAVE to be stronger to do better, it helps a little with crits but you get stuff when you make stuff sooooo. And you gain more exp as you use it - it is only at higher level when you actually start to lose Exp.

Again I see what you want but it is NOT there and frankly pointless.

Tahru and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  11. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

ok :( well mabe they can make craft table like gustball! :) why punish crafting!

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  12. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I would not look at it as Punishing crafting. ( I have never even hit a gustball once since its been out ) and I have no desire too either but that just me though I would suggest perhaps looking at it another way..Why hit a gustball when you can hit a wolf and get not only Hides, and other crafting materials but also XP?

There are areas that are just Full of stuff to collect or kill and then you take all that wonder fun stuff to a table and do whatever you like too? Now isn't this more fun than hit some dusty old ball? Its just a way I look at it..of course to each his/her own view on this. :)

13. Kacey Cupcakes

Kacey Cupcakes Avatar

Or, maybe they can make a gustball where it can ONLY be targeted by gust. Then I would not have to to see people just standing around beating gustballs, short of what they were made for, a game called gustball.

14. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Darlok, I think 4Everlost had it right in the explanation above. Attack = Combat skills raise. Create = Crafting skills raise. Punishment has nothing to do with it really. These are just two different types of actions in game. When you attack a Gustball you are using combat skills. Therefore, combat skills raise. Crafting skills do not rise because you are performing a combat action, not crafting action, on the Gustball. If you disagree, can you explain what crafting action you wish to perform on the Gustball?

I see the broader point though. Combat has Gustballs as 'the easy button.' What is the easy button for crafters.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  15. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Easy button for crafting would be to get a guild to fund your GMs in crafting. You can get to it by just having your mat in your inventory, click the thing you want to make, set up your macro and walk away. Start with farming probably if you don't want to go out to harvest.

Ravicus Domdred and Ice Queen like this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I wish that I could use up the million+ pooled crafting experience that I have.

17. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I agree with you Kacey. Very well said.

Jivalax Azon and Tahru like this.
  18. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Your weapon does get destroyed.

Elwyn and Jivalax Azon like this.
  19. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am not a fan of macro driven skill farming. The gustball has left me rolling my eyes. It is in the game to play team sports with, not level up without earning it.

20. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Yeah, its an inbuilt issue with use based progression .. at least we have a hybrid where people have to kill stuff first

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.