Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

suggestions: buildings under construction?

Discussion in 'Release 25 Feedback Forum' started by Gadfrey Zukes, Jan 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

has anyone mentioned this before ? I've been watching a show about a frecnch archeological castle project in which they are rebuilding a castle using techniques of the time. Seeing the castle with the ancient wooden building scaffold and mechanical wooden cranes made me think : We have a lot of ruins in sota (which I love) Hoever, shouldn't there should be a few npc buildings in sota that are under construction like this (in appropriate sota technology style) in some of the larger villages/cities? Just a thought for the art team.

Maybe an entire scene in the future could even be built around the idea of a castle under construction. with story using workers and tradespeople npc characters on site and some drama surrounding the build.

[​IMG]

Mata, smack, Fringe and 8 others like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Elric Whitewolf

Oh, nice thought there. Lets run with that thought and take it to another level.

What would be really great forward thinking would be if the dev team "reserves" some future space in NPC towns in this way.
    For example when we start Episode 1, some of the lots in some of the NPC towns have scaffolding and is "under construction" both figuratively and literally. Then later on in the episode or later episodes they "finish" the building and the devs can utilize that space for a specific purpose. It is even better in that one doesn't have to know the purpose at the moment, just that they will probably need it later.

@DarkStarr
    @Hutch
    @SorcerousSteve

smack, Beaumaris and Leelu like this.
  3. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

I think that with the tech level it would take 20-30 years to complete the above pictured building, so I think an in-game scene based around it would have it in a fairly "permanent"...it could change a little over the different episodes or expansions of sota, but not much during a given episode.

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

1 year in Novia is 2 weeks in earth time.
    That would be about 3-5 months earth time.

5. Hutch

Hutch Developer Emeritus

Nice idea that I will share with others. By coincidence, we have already done something similar to this in Aerie, where Esteben has placed scaffolding and such to indicate castle building repairs that are underway. Whether or not these locations ever change or evolve, these are good storytelling devices and worth using in more places. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.