How do you feel about the land rush? Would an alternative lot distribution option be viable?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Mystic, Feb 1, 2016.

?

Do you like the idea of a land rush?

1. Yes! Bring on the competition!

2. No. I would rather have another option for obtaining a lot I like.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Will given there's about 230 people competing in my lot size category/slot and there's only about 40 npc towns, even at 5 lots that size per NPC town (there's not, it averages closer to 3)... There's definitely no second choices. We all either cluster around the signs of every one of those lots and fastest ping per cluster gets it or we negotiate with a POT owner. So I can see how the arrangement favours you. But there's really no point debating it with each other. We've both made out stance clear on the matter. I'm not going to change your mind. I'mgoing to keep brainstorming with everyone else for a better idea to present to the devs though. :p

2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

It's only a "Rush" for the first group. Every other group has 4+ hours to go stand by the lot they want.

3. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Im looking forward to it, and knew it would be like this, as should of everyone :)

Leelu likes this.
  4. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Even that first group (all 15 of them) get 30 minutes to get into position before it starts.

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Isn't it more like they have 4+ hours to go look for a lot that no one is standing next to? Then hope there are not 20 people sitting in single player online mode clicking furiously for the change to claim the lot?

4EverLost and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  6. Myoryn_Craysley

Myoryn_Craysley Avatar

--Retracted

7. Drocis the Devious

You can find the most recent released figures here in the Final Wipe Thread.

8. Myoryn_Craysley

Myoryn_Craysley Avatar

Thanks. I retract my previous statement.

9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I wonder if we can claim lots in SPO mode. I am definitely anticipating lag issues from too many client and long login queues won't be surprising.

10. Drocis the Devious

The answer is yes.

I'm guessing that plenty of people will fail to realize this, and hi-jinks will ensue.

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

304 people in Group 38... the largest before Group 90... Benefactor Citizens, and the free for all for secondary lots and Add-On store lots. 503 and 1600ish respectively.

I just don't see what all the fear of long queues and log on difficulties is coming from.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  12. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Here's a thought..... since we can claim lots lower than our tier, and Dukes (147 total atm) Lord of the Manor (43 total atm) =190 have keeps and castles that no one else can claim....and assuming the number of town/city/keep/castle lots keep to the current trend being put in npc cities, which is not a lot.
    (See npc lots link in sig)...Dukes/LotM could take up most if not all of the NPC town/city/keep/castle lots and hold to wait for the add on stage to place their lots in those their holding, or sell for credits/money or hold for friends before barons and below are able to claim their selected lot choices which could also trickle down to the village and row in npc cities being taken during the rest of the selection before those with row/village deeds get their chance at their selected lots, leaving less village/row lots in npc cities available, causing a lot of disappointed people in most all tiers that were hoping for npc lots.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  13. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I hope you are right. But I get login queued already when there is nothing going on. And lag goes up the more clients that are in an instance.

14. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

The land rush system devised by Portalarium is very sensible to the players needs, but if I were be able to do my will, then:

1.- Players already having placed plot would be able to opt for keeping it, not moving nor participating in the land rush.
    2.- A few days before the land rush, the players that opt for not keeping this lot, can challenge the previous owners, but of course the previous owner would have some advantage. If, e.g., a Lord of the Manor and Knight of the New ... etc, etc, wants a plot owned by a Edelmann, well, might have it. But if Knight, with less posts, less character XP, etc, want it, then the former owner keeps it. This issue have to been developed and polished, main idea is forcing the former owner to leave just in a few cases.
    3.- When finally we get the land rush, only the players that opted for it (plus a few evicted) will participate. Note we can do it is less timeframes, more compactly. People placing big lots can do it at the same time than people placing medium lots, and some small lots too. That is, placing castle lots, keeps lots, city lots, village lots, and even some row lots, can be done simultaneously. Each group will not interfere with the other (well, ideally) since they are looking for different plot size. Acknowledging that should speed up the land rush by a factor of 4x.

15. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Zoning itself spells trouble for poor connections (like mine). It take me a few minutes to load any given scene, and often get booted for an hour at a time before I can log in again. :(

It will be very difficult to find any lots at my tier level, let alone interact with it. To get there quickly would simply be impossible.

16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Six months of performance optimization between now and then.

17. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

The other concern I have is for players who know they are going to live in a POT and have their spots picked out already by either owning the POT themselves or working with someone who does. This means they are likely going to place in an NPC town and likely sell it because of demand knowing full well that they have another spot waiting for them already.

18. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Players should be able to maximize profits like that, it rewards them for spending large amounts of money.

Miracle Dragon and Draconin like this.
  19. Myoryn_Craysley

Myoryn_Craysley Avatar

Admittedly my fear is a bit more simple and selfish... the fear having spent so much money and then not being able to secure a mainstream NPC Town lot for one reason or another, especially when the odds are already so low.

From @Ice Queen 's spreadsheet, there are (so far) 51 Town Lots that exist in mainstream NPC towns.

Excluding POTs, if all pledge levels were to place their largest lot first.... that would equate to only a 17% chance, even if you are currently a Royal Founder Lord or Lord Marshall. ie. The three earliest groups that would be placing Town lots.

Miracle Dragon and Ice Queen like this.
  20. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

Oh, I don't disagree. I'm simply making an observation. It's just one more thing that adds to the existing competition. :)

Sir Cabirus and Miracle Dragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.