How do you feel about the land rush? Would an alternative lot distribution option be viable?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Mystic, Feb 1, 2016.

?

Do you like the idea of a land rush?

1. Yes! Bring on the competition!

2. No. I would rather have another option for obtaining a lot I like.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Uh that is why the guys who donated early are called Royal Founder and Founder and they get in early for each category of pledge. So sorry to you for not being a RF or F but that is our reward.

Pluss pledge levels so sorry for those that are small backer or waited but . . . .

2. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

I voted yes but really I don't care for the idea of incentives. To me did it not make much sense.

I have a POT near a large NPC town in a very nice scenic area thanks to the Devs awesome thinking. If anyone who has a deed wants to place a house in my POT I will let them in for free. My POT is very close to Blood River and Aerie.

3. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

How about this.

Portalarium places a 10 skull boss at the sign/stone of every lot in the world. A land boss for land properties and a water boss creature for water lots.

When the game starts right after the final wipe not one person will be able to kill it unless they have a 5 to 10 person team.

This should slow things down enough to give everyone a chance.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  4. dracco

dracco Avatar

the only way I see the land rush being seen as fare is to hold 50% the lots in each city forcing the players to spread out in the world . then when the first and second wave time is up free 30% to give the next wave a chance at the first city's and any of the 1st and 2nd that wounted a chance at a location in a favorite city. then when the last wave starts release the last 20% this give all players a chance at a prim city location and spreads out players . ps this still has players camping at house locations but the best city's wount be over run by the first two waves .

5. Mr. Hatter

Mr. Hatter Avatar

I am sorry but this all sounds like a bunch of crying, if you want to place your lot early, then you should put your money where your mouth is. People paid a lot of money under the promise that it would have an affect on their lot selection priority. Why does everyone get upset over something that has been known for months? Nothing in life is fair, if you want something work for it, don't sit here and complain.

If you want fair, please stop trying to take away the benefits that people paid for months/years ago.

Over and Out!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  6. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

ok...where to start??

While your oppinion is of course your own, there are less elitist ways to put it. Your kind of thinking comes from someone behind the fence shouting at the people on the other side to stay where they are, its not your fault they are on the other side after all.

The truth is, there are no walls. You will find yourself on a nice lot you paid so much for, that is exactly where you want it to be...yet no one will ever see it. There is a together or a soon to be dead game due to a few high rollers playing among themselfs.

But thats just imho. Things are like they are, promises have been given. No one seems to care that the goal is not release...its the years AFTER release that count. And honestly...those years wont be decided by the highrollers of today or yesterday....but simply by the amount of new people discovering the game and falling in love with it. And sorry...if you tell those new comers in 2017 or 2018 that due to their late coming they wont get Access to <insert whatever> then you have people looking for other places to leave their cash.

If its that what you want, perfect...all this is of course my own humble oppinion.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Last Trinsic Defender likes this.
  7. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

@Ludwig Drakenfels said it quite well and there is not much to add.

Well, one thing though ... SotA is not life - it is a game.

You construct your words harsh and seriously not empathic .. so I will answer the same way:
    Guys like you are disgusting and only loudmouths when others pay your fun.

You don't understand? Do you really think your several hundreds of dollars pay the show? LOL - you need hundred thousands of ppl to fund the game. 4- 5000 thousand who paid so far are nothing .. the money is already gone and spent. Now they need more and more. This can't be accomplished if you tell the new ppl "sorry guys, you are late".

As a sidenote: Games like LotRO or Clash of Clans (to come up with a non-rpg) show that you need two currencies in a game. One you can fund with RL-money and one to fund with ingame-work. Both currencies are in relation and should lead to the same offers sooner or later. To base a game only on RL-money will not work.

8. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Is the incentive plan gone?

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The martyrdom between the entitlement crowd on one hand versus the pixel envy crowd on the other proved too much for the dark lord so that he forgot what DLMB stands for and instead caved in and scrapped the whole thing.
    It was a truly sad day for those who believe in player contribution to the development process.

10. Mr. Hatter

Mr. Hatter Avatar

Not going to get drawn in to a online discussion, but apparently I hurt some feelings. So thank you for getting personal @Last Trinsic Defender you assume a lot of things especially my pledge level.

It has clearly been stated for months now that lot selection priority goes by pledge level and date of pledge. All I said is stop whining about it, if you are so concerned about having an "ideal location" then one should have to pay for it (during the funding period) of this game like the other people did.

Call me all the names you want, but that is how Portalarium marketed it. We have 4 more releases to go I am sure if you work hard in game or decide you want to spend your RL hard earned money on a lot, you will get that awesome spot that is understandingly important to some people.

The bottom line is don't get mad, get motivated hard work always pays off.

11. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

So wonderful sarcastic but a total miss of content. It's a big error to think that RL-money should rule everything - ok, a mistake I made myself in younger years, but this is long gone. This is not the fun - to put down an immense virtual block of "look here - I bought THIS". That is BS. And face it - there is always a bigger fish. I could afford a castle in this game even if it would cost 50.000$. No biggie.

It's easy. I don't want to. It's way more fun to "work and live" again in a fantasy-environment. Something in RL isn't - after many years of successful work - not important to me anymore.

And finally: Yeah, it's my opionion - Portalarium made a big mistake to sell everything via RL-money which will be obvious in some years.

12. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

wut?

Sounding constructive while keeping other oppinions at arms length isnt helpfull.

A lot of promises have been made...had to be made to get this far...thats part of the kickstarter idea. The more you pledge, the more chances you get that the product is made and the more goodies you get. that idea works perfectly...as long as EVRYTHING is available in game for everyone to make by simply playing the game. Yes..you can give $ today to get Sword X...but you can very well get Sword X in the game by playing it.

I am not being a critic or pointing fingers at anyone or the buisiness model after years and 5 month prior to final wipe. And not pixel envious...as Spoon said, i got my stuff, at least I thinkk so ;)

But please understand my pov...the product doesnt need to be sold to you(us). Your fans...your already in it. Its the new comers...the people that will come in 2017 or later that will keep this game alive and give fresh $ in the years to come.

Or put another way: the goal is NOT to make it to July2016 after final wipe when we get to place our deeds...but to still have them in 2020 standing there in a nice game with an active community.

I think that only together can we enjoy online gaming...and to play together you need Fairness (if you feel badly handled, you find another game to give your $ to). Fairness for the early backer but also for the newcomers that just joined and maybe have the exact same goals as a high roller...with the difference that they want to reach it by playing the game without paying x amount of $. And honestly: the real deal isnt the $, money is what you make at work....time is the thing you dont have...the free time you put into a game is the real luxury these days (seen from my point of course)

Anyway...I'm not even sure if there is a middle way in this discussion we could settle to. I am here, I enjoy the game...I'm just saying what I think is best for the future of SotA. And distributing the suny spots and the candys so that new players find only crumps left and have to swallow the rests...is simply....I dont know...wrong?!?

13. Mr. Hatter

Mr. Hatter Avatar

Apparently we can agree! Have a good day guys got to work!

14. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Guys, can we please keep it civil and not going into personal attacks? That's just gonna tick people off, and get moderators upset in here.

The issue with people buying property for RL monies is moot. It's been that way since the kickoff, and has been vetted and supported by the Devs. We will have the opportunity and options to also purchase housing with in-game currency, and have been advised by the Dev team that more land and plots will be available. Also, from a Single Player standpoint, if you intend to play Offline mode, it will be even more irrelevant, since you'll neither see or be affected by the housing aside from your own.

I don't like RL money transactions, and personally, I'm keeping an optimistic hope that once the land rush settles, we will get to see the communities and roleplaying that were so important for UO and other MMO games. But I will be a harsh and strident critic of wanting to continue to try and change or remove housing features that were promised to the backers, and that have been already put into place leading up to the final wipe/land rush.

Let's get the game "out of the door" so to speak, so we can actually place and start building the permanent world, and then make reasonable decisions based on the facts, instead of speculation. We've done enough navel gazing over the past, imo; time to look towards the future coming this July.

Bow Vale and Duchess Fionwyn like this.
  15. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

+1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.