Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Request: Job Order System Improvement

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Mar 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

This idea is going to take some time for people to wrap their head around.

I'd like the ability to use the Job Order system to have someone travel to another town and pick up an item at the bank, public vendor, etc...

Basically it would work like this:

1. You'd place an "order" for "pick-up" (i.e. Sale of 10,000 gold at Owl's Head Bank)
    2. You'd place the amount you were paying for transport. (i.e. 500 gold)
    3. You'd define the destination. (i.e. Rats Nest Bank.)

Whoever picks up the order would get a package. The person wouldn't know what they were carrying and couldn't open it or delete it, but it would have appropriate weight (which would be listed in the job order listing). When the person successfully delivers the package they get the gold. There's a timer and if it expires before the package is delivered everything starts over anew.

Is it exploitable, a little. Would it be fun, yes. Would it help the economy run more smoothly, yes.

Ahuaeynjgkxs, 4EverLost and EMPstrike like this.
  2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Sounds dubious to code. The more I think of it the more impossible this sounds unfortunaly. Im not sure this is even possible IRL lol. Unless you give your bank card to a stranger.

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

This was soemthing i hoped they had in mind.

The way EvE Onlien does it, is that the person picking up goods for transport has to pay a collateral set by the employer. So you usually had to have money in the first place before you took the job to ensure you would actually deliver it.

So the persons etting up the job would give their goods, and set an ammount for the transporter to pay in collateral, and an ammount to be payed once the items reach their destination.
    The transporter pays his employer the collateral, now the job is locked and accepted, and the transport must deliver the goods. If the goods wer elost, then his employer keeps his collateral.
    Once the objects are delivered, payment is made and collateral is also repaid.

Adam Crow and Leostorm like this.
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

That way it works pretty much liek a buy order. The person movign the goods "buys" the job from the person who wants their goods moved via collateral payment. Once the delivery is made, its "sold" back to the job creator for the cost of the colalteral + payment offered. Since this also allowed the goods to be stolen, peopel would generally set the collateral high enough that it would be like selling the items way overpriced. That way if they WERE stolen, it woudl be covered by that "insurance"

4EverLost and Leostorm like this.
  5. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

What would work better, and what I believe they want to add is a mailing system.
    So players can mail each other things.
    Or I don't see why you cant get something sent from another bank by a mailing interface in which costs money in accordance to item value and weight.

but that could work I suppose, still would have to allow access to someone elses bank for a specific item. Vendors I don't see a problem, but that's pretty much already doable.

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Even if it was confined to public and player-owned vendors, i'd be cool with that. Have to take the items out of the bank and take them to the neares vendor.

And i know i refer to EvE online for economy stuf alot but they have had the best player-driven economy i've ever seen in a game.

Miracle Dragon and Adam Crow like this.
  7. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

yea just requires a lot of individual systems to make this happen.
    Im not against it, just think its a way down the line feature.

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

We need something like this for repair orders, for item repairs.

9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Could the courier keep the package, should they wish to? It's like opening a present! :)

Miracle Dragon and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  10. Mysticvermin

Mysticvermin Avatar

I really like this idea. It seems like it could used to create some player driven content. I think for it to work the courier would need to be 'bonded', say 10% of the vendor price of goods to be delivered.

Now I'm not a pvper, but I think this could be used to create pvp only deliveries. The courier would then be pvp flagged. You could go it alone or go caravan style.

Adam Crow and 4EverLost like this.
  11. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

This is a good idea that deserves its own thread.

Miracle Dragon and Fister Magee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.