Still don't get the vibe...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadowknight, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mata

Mata Avatar

Sehr gute Entscheidung! ;)

2. warxnox

warxnox Avatar

Hi there,

First of all please note that this is not a provocative question.

I would really like to ask everyone of you that simple question since I fear that I am missing something : "What do you do in game to feel fun ?" " What makes you want to connect back and spent a few minutes/hours playing" ?

Personnaly, I am leveling my charachter to do some crafting, but can't yet find any purpose/aim. And what will I do when I will have my full platemail crafted ? Is there any place to go and make some PvE with other people or by myself ?

Furthermore, each time I connect (i'm in Resolute city), I see nobody or the few guys I see seems to be everything but not looking for interaction.

How do you guys found fun in this game ?

I would really like to give Sota it's chance since there is no other game in my opinion that have such a good potential. But this potentiel is not reachable for me at that moment and I think I am missing something.

Best regards,

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  3. agra

agra Avatar

Potential doesn't provide profit (or revenue). ;)

Fun is subject, but for me, daily personal progress, both tangible & meaningful, is what makes a game fun.
    Add to that the ability to personally contribute, with recognition, to a goal larger than I can accomplish on my own, and I'd play such a game forever.

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Check out your inventory. In it find the Player Event book. Check out where to go or who to teleport to.
    Then meet folks there and ask them to show you places.

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I don't think any of us are going to really get the game's "vibe" until the story is implemented. This game has always been touted as story-driven - so I think the vibe and the story go hand in hand.

As for the rest of the game - I think it's looking and feeling great - but to each their own.

6. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Salut,

tu est exactement au meme endroit que moi! Enfin, vue du point ""comment ce motiver", pas sur la map.

Je fais des trucs, je fais de l'xp et j'essay de comprendre tout les details. Si tu veux, j'ai un TS et ons peu faire un tour. Enfin, une idee. Envoy un PM si tu veux ;)

Mata likes this.
  7. Majesticon

Majesticon Avatar

dance emote 5 and TS3, good day!

8. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

A juggle of many activities. Player run events help a lot, be it a PvE dungeon run or a birthday party /dance off.

I think if you don't already, you need to work towards owning a lot/home. This opens up a lot more options for things to do.
    Decorate it the way you like, do quests that give you rewards you can display, go fishing and craft a mounted fish or kill a deer for antlers.

Or totally forgo a house, and mine tons of granite and make building blocks that you can build with kinda like minecraft.
    make jump courses or mazes or whatever you can think up ( I made a church of chaos for avatars radio and amber raine)
    [​IMG]

Join a guild start a small trade business with the locals, or maybe be a traveling bard and play music for/with people.
    I spend a decent amount of time here and there getting and converting new songs.

The community is what drives most of us, but that's kinda a given in a "player run" economy world, where we the players are almost more important then world we reside in.

9. warxnox

warxnox Avatar

Hey,

Thanks for those advices, I did not thought that there was already such thing to do in the game !

Playing alone is Resolute with buggy NPC was quite dissapointing, I will try to focus harder on interaction with other players and learn how to deal with lots and housing :)

Mata likes this.
  10. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Op thanks for the feedback, but this should have been posted in the release feedback section. Maybe A dev can move it!

draykorinee likes this.
  11. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

Is it true that a lot of the graphics textures aren't custom, but are provided by the Unity engine? I didn't think the graphics look half bad, so far.

12. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I'm sure they tweak any stock Unity textures.

4EverLost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.