West Perennial Trail Bandits

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Poor game design, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

@Lum

The bandits have notes that there's a "cave" and imply there's a "cave" but all I see is a bunch caves with mobs standing around. Is that all there is, or did I miss a clue? If that's all there is, I think this is a little too leading...to no where.

Rada Torment likes this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Sooo..... go check those "bunch caves" ?

Fister Magee likes this.
  3. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

I think the point is another bread crumb may be needed at the bunch of caves.

4. Mysticvermin

Mysticvermin Avatar

Hmmm, I was for more interested in finding out exactly how soft the wolf fur was. True, the notes lead you no where, more or less, but I thought they were funny. It made me laugh, which is a good enough reason for anything.

Spoon likes this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

I never found the "bunch of caves" so I have no idea what they're talking about. I found several caves that showed up as points of interest on my compass, but after checking all of them I found nothing.

A lot of times what I think people don't realize is that I'm talking about this very honestly and I can't be the only person to ever go there and not find this stuff. Yet for the people that do find it, it probably seems very easy. To me, it was not easy, the caves don't exist.

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yeah i've wondered about this as well. I just assumed they have not been implemented yet.

There is another such instance, I can't remember the name of it, but it's the one littered with bandits and elves. There are also a number of burned/abandoned elven buildings. Inside one of these buildings is a note from a bandit "leader" discussing a magical sword by the waterfall. I searched high and low for this damnable sword to no avail. Maybe someone else has had some luck, otherwise it is simply not in the game yet.

7. Mysticvermin

Mysticvermin Avatar

I think your expectations are leading you astray. They aren't tunnels that you can enter, but merely hollows in the big rock outcroppings that form overhangs.

Matt Harris likes this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

That's what I thought based off of the compass points of interest. There's four of them right in four quadrants of the scene? I didn't find anything there (that would've been mentioned in the notes) so I assumed I wasn't finding the right caves or that the scene was unfinished.

9. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Once again, it seems like there are lacking breadcrumbs. You get a note to check this place out, but there is no indication that when you reach the place. I.E. no X to mark the spot. Enter It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World reference here.

Hausfrau likes this.
  10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

No 'X' on the spot is an SOTA feature! ;)

That makes bread crumbs even more significant. I'm glad you are testing this. Good comment.

Fox Cunning likes this.
  11. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

UP!

My new guilds mates spent like 1h looking for a "quest" or something related with these notes..and nothing. Would be nice to see some work trying to complete the starter low level scenes to help out new players experience.

12. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

I think that may refer to the bear cave, where the adventurer didn't make it. there is a note on the tree there as well, could be wrong though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.