And this is why the Land rush is going to be a joke - - -

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Coconut, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Most would still be village and row lots too though, which still leaves us with the trickle down effect for those at the higher pledges that effects everyone below wanting to place in npc towns. :(

2. agra

agra Avatar

If it requires another zoning wait/delay, the "other" neighborhoods/housing hexes might as well be in Desolis. At least, that's my perspective.
    I mean, the logic there in essence is... There will be other zones with more lots... Sure there will, all over the world.
    Still doesn't change the fact that Brittany has fewer lots than Ardoris, today, and that seems really strange for the capital/largest city in Novia.

Leelu and Ice Queen like this.
  3. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

The best solution I have is start to REALLY pound the devs with request for "SUBURBS" they can add on all the PRT type they want but vs putting them in the middle of NO where make them a suburb. It wont affect OH as an example if they add 4 or 5 PRT zones in OH accessible by roads/wagons whatever.. It will not affect story line NOTHING but it gives a higher value location to big pledge lot holders.. I would much rather live in ANY instanced suburb off of an NPC city than some PRT in smack middle of nothing.. They can still use any templates they want etc as the current plan is..

The more Prime/Semi prime spots us LoTM, Dukes have the less likely the trickle down will happen or the squatting lower size lots like village for our second deeds since we know we have a keep lot in NO where ville just waiting........

I wanted to start a poll on this. Aim it at the devs I just haven't.

4. Sole

Sole Avatar

+1

It would also keep the world map more realistic not having so many towns around.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  5. Selene

Selene Avatar

This would be a great idea, especially if they could attach it to something like the boatmen in Ardoris, where there is one NPC near the zone in and he says something like.. "Hello, would you like to take a quick tour to one of our Beautiful residential neighborhoods? I can take you directly to North Owlshead, Volcanic Views, or Owlshead Farms." Then you can click and go right to your "neighborhood".

6. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

Exactly... They do not have to be fully NPC style towns they can be any type of biome/pot/prt whatever the devs have in mind.. This makes sense to me as a RL solution how many rich folks do u know that exclusively live in the middle of no where? Beverly hills etc are places I would think we could see added as a "suburb" to any NPC location and it gives a feel of being a prime location. The actual suburb might not have even a vendor WHO cares. Its a short hop to a place that does.

Devs can setup some to hold many LoTM as a Beverly hills. Some could be more dukes with a mix of city and town lots maybe even a couple villages.. After all the kids might have a guest house near you ;)

Browncoat Jayson and Ice Queen like this.
  7. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Yeah, we could certainly use an Open Air Market area in each NPC town and even in the PRTs as well. It won't prevent folks from grabbing lots that are smaller then their pledge lot but it will certainly even the tables in regards to Vendor location availability. I want to claim all my lots in the POT in which will be living but would love to have a spot in a well traveled traffic area for my Vendors.

Ice Queen likes this.
  8. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I'm fine that I'll be in a PRT somewhere on the overhead map with the new PRT's that they're introducing, but for me I don't want to be stuck in a PRT that is nested within a PRT somewhere on the map. With no rune marking system you're pretty much guaranteed no one will ever visit that PRT unless of course there's a wagon or something somewhere within an NPC town. I'd rather be in a PRT on the map somewhere in the middle of nowhere rather than be nested within another PRT where where absolutely no one would bother to go. Since they're not likely to add more castle/keep/city/town lots to any of the npc towns and they're not keen on rune marking, it's a mess that will probably make a lot of people very unhappy once they find that they aren't even going to have a chance when it comes their time for prime location npc towns. As I said before if we could give someone a rune or something to our houses, this becomes less of an issue. I think people would be less likely to have to worry where they end up, and less likely to encroach on the pledgers below us, as we all could get people out to POT's and PRT's at our homes for vendor sales.

9. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

I agree a rune system is a nice option but hasn't he devs said that's not happening? they want regional markets... So the next best option I can think of is nested "suburbs" inside NPC not PRT locations. I think it would get foot traffic to know that the LoTM/Dukes etc have a suburb nested in the NPC town you are currently visiting..

Ice Queen likes this.
  10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

We were guaranteed only that there would be a place somewhere in the world that a lot would be available to us without forcing us into a POT, that's it. One of the main reasons for upgrading into the highest tiers though is for the larger lots and to have a better chance for placement at lot selection. We're never guaranteed we'll get the spots we all want though. :)

11. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Aye, that could be an option as long as it's a good visible place say within the marketplace of an NPC town where everyone could see it. It would have to be a very good location for them to consider it. If it's nested within a PRT though within another PRT somewhere who would ever bother to visit it? :)

12. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

No a PRT nested in a PRT is still a less than desirable place to live. That gives no incentive to not eat a lower level "prime" location.

The wagons in OH as an example at the zone entrance or a special NPC in the central market anything can be used. Selene said like the ardoris boatmen. It would need to be a suburb inside an NPC nested location or it just wont draw people to place there biggest deeds right off.

My hope is something like this allows the devs to honor deeds being down scale as always, but allow higher tiers to feel like they have good locations. 5 keeps in all of the game in an NPC town atm is not much for 147? dukes. I'm not saying they should add every single needed lot in the game to NPC towns as suburb nests. However they could certainly add a couple in OH a few more in Aardoris etc. The tech is already there Brit is the blue print of what I'm suggesting basically.

Ice Queen likes this.
  13. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

Ice Queen likes this.
  14. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

You can look at the link in my sig to see a bit.There are not enough lots in npc towns to cover all the pledge deeds. This effects those at highest tiers badly, since there's only a handful of desired lots for them to choose from in npc towns. The highest tiered pledges have the least choice for prime spots in NPC towns. So with that, the most likely scenario causes a trickle down effect of them taking lots that aren't their desired highest lot sized from people tiered below them, causing very few lots for those people to choose from in npc towns as it comes their turns.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    Tahru, Moiseyev Trueden, Beli and 5 others like this.
  15. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

That's what I said ;) A PRT nested within another PRT who'd want to live there?

16. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

You did and I completely agree :)

Leelu and Ice Queen like this.
  17. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

No worries :)
    It would definitely feel like this if you were nested within another PRT. LOL
    [​IMG]

18. Selene

Selene Avatar

I wonder if it is a percentages game or just square meters that causes so few large lots in NPC towns. Like.. are 10% of all big lots sold in NPC towns and 10% of village lots sold in NPC towns? And the village lots just SEEM like so much more because so many more of them were sold?

19. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Cities are smaller than POT's, if they were to fill them with just castle/keep/city/town deeds there would be no room for village/row lots to put in them. There's a lot more pledges with row and village deeds than castle/keeps/city/town deeds.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  20. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

All of this again?
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ating-property-sales.45110/page-2#post-499850

But we already know the result of that, the community stopped the proposal of the fixes.
    :(

But Dukes are relatively safe from this so grumpy should be fine.

Instead if we look on the stats the only who could potentially have a reason to worry is city and row lots. Since their tiers are smaller than the above.
    Town and village are too many for tiers above to dent heavily enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.