Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Have to wait to claim a lot in my own PoT with new deed schedule

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by gambit618, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gambit618

gambit618 Avatar

1. Title: Have to wait to claim a lot in my own PoT with new deed schedule
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? ???
    4. Details:I understand the need to have people wait on getting their deed for general lots in towns throughout Novia, but if I am the owner of my own PoT, why do I have to wait? It is up to me to place the lot markers so it makes no sense (especially with the cost of owning a town) to have to be on a release schedule. This forces me to not put any extra lot markers down (or restrict them so no one but me/my friends can use them) and the town sits empty because I cant even get a lot in my own town. Can this be reviewed for this release as a hotfix or the next release or at least retail to remove this requirement? I shouldnt have to wait to claim a lot in my own PoT. Kind of makes it pointless to have your own town if you have to wait to live in it? I also feel it is a disservice to those of us that chose to back this game by putting forth the money to support it in its early phases and purchase a town in addition to our regular pledge. Granted I get a town, but it was more because I believe in this game since I have played MMOs since the days of Meridian 59 and beyond- and loved UO and all the ultima series. Why do we not get a "governor's" lot with house? We should not have to get extra deeds and houses when we already spent $1k+ on just the town.
    5. Steps to Reproduce:N/A- this is due to the release schedule for groups on plots
    6. User Specs: I own the "Highland Keep of Clan MacDaddy"- I am the governor, Laddy MacDaddy

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Everyone gets to place the lot in their own turn, so there will be no line skipping nor extra edges for POT owners. I'm also a POT owner as well and I'm not so excited for having to wait to place a lot deed in my own town, but this lot selection process has been established for awhile and it had been talked about it so many times. Also there are more pressing matters than this lot selection issue, though.

Meanwhile you should be able to start planning the town and place lots markers and throw some POT deco. That should keep you busy for awhile.

bwtdozer likes this.
  3. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

The detailed reasoning is because in the Kickstarter the Royal Founders were promised, with their pledges, not only advanced house placement, but also everything that goes along with early house ownership. This would include the head start on being able to place items on the lot, such as a vendor, crafting tables and storage containers. All of this on a whole is part of the advanced head start promised by that early pledge and why everyone, including town owners need to wait for placement. It would bypass all of the head start perks.

4. gambit618

gambit618 Avatar

Right- I understand there is a release schedule. However, I dont see this as "line skipping" since it is the town that I own and I am not asking to be bumped on the general lot selection in Novia. Its also not about keeping busy or decorating- this inhibits the ability to be immersed in the town you created.

As far as pressing matters, this is a forum for suggestions and feedback. Not understanding what is pressing/not pressing- this is just feedback on the new implementation of lot selection system. I dislike it and am giving feedback only in regards to PoT. I believe this could negatively impact the "retail"/final release that many PoT owners will not open lots. Which it only makes sense that why would you even bother to place lot markers if you cant even live in your own town (keeping in mind you can restrict lots for yourself). Kind of defeats the point of having a town youre proud of decorating and building a community if you cant live there :)

As far as the head start perks- if the owner of a PoT does not place and release lot markers thats a moot point. No matter your pledge level, you cant do anyting in that town, period.

Laddy MacDaddy

5. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Admittedly being somewhat snarky here, but I keep hearing how POT owners will want to encourage and help others to settle into their towns to promote roleplaying, community, and a sense of world building. I can understand the frustration of waiting to place your lot, but the land rush schedule was intended and explained several times to be to ensure the KS backers have first "dibs" based on the date and amount of their pledges.

If you don't open lot markers, then I suppose people will look elsewhere to settle.

6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

I understand your frustration. As I said I'm the POT owner as well. These pledges and add-on lots are guaranteed that there will be lots available to place in NPC/PRT, so it wouldn't really matter if all POT owners want to boycott the land rush or not.

The specific pressing matter that I'm referring to right now is the stuff you experience the moment you're logging. You will know what I'm talking about :)

We have 3 months to convince the dev whether it's worth while to create an exemption for POT players to place their houses first. There was actually a talk about letting POT players do that and they were to be given some reward for not competing with NPC/PRT town preferred players. But there were few individuals who ruined it for everyone, so that option got shot down.:(

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  7. Selene

Selene Avatar

Well, the only problem is, having your lot, crafting stations, chests, etc set up ahead of time is a big advantage over people that will have to live out of their bank for longer because they will not live in POTs. I understand the furstration, but the current design is most fair to the average player.

8. gambit618

gambit618 Avatar

Yeah this is just feedback that I hope the devs read. I fully respect the tiers of releasing plots- if you paid more $ you should have first dibs in standard plots.

The only caveat I see, and even if I didnt own a PoT, is that the town owner should at least be able to put their one lot down for themselves in their own town regardless of land rush- where else would they want their deed anyway? I have several deeds, but my first choice would be in my own town, otherwise I wouldnt have gotten a town, lol :) I can wait to put my second lot down if they still need to do that, but again thats kind of pointless as I am not impacting the actual game since all PoTs are their own little world.

As far as the advantage- unless you have a few thousand gold right after you log in, and a few thousand crafting components you still dont have crafting stations since they are 250 gold each :) The same could be said for anyone that has the royal pledge/first tier founder- they have an "advantage" that they could setup in owls head the minute they are through the opening sequence and have all crafting stations and vendors at their disposal. And even if I did have that "advantage" with being able to place my lot in my PoT, isnt it the same as paying for the higher tier pledge?

How is it fair for the royal founder but not me as a PoT owner? (playing devils advocate here) With pledge and town its about the same amount of money as some of the higher tier pledges. The release schedule is tier based which comes down to money spent being a factor (which I have no problem with), so shouldnt PoT be about the same? I have an edelmann and holdfast town- I should fall between a knight marshall and lord for release (and maybe I do- not exactly clear if that is taken into account). I am in group 54 which just reflects the Edelmann package. Not saying it has to be updated, but why shouldnt the $$ spent on PoT be put in as a factor since it is going on pledge (its more on amount of money spent and not exactly the date you pledged) amount.

Laddy MacDaddy

9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

It has more to do with how they plan this lot selection from the beginning with no exception for POT owners. I agree with what you're saying as well. I only wish you were there to speak up when we were about to be able to bypass the lot selection process if we choose to only place on POT lot until the lot selection process is over. We were even offered to get some reward for doing that too. While people were talking about what would be a good reward, they were some jerks who played devil advocates and decide that we shouldn't be rewarded for choosing POT lots. So this option was taken away from us. I'm still salty about it until nowadays.

I guess my point is that your protesting right now is just beating a dead horse :(

10. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

I agree with the OP, it's rather frustrating and it will be even worse after the final wipe. At least I have a fairly high position in the lot selection sequence so I can claim a lot in my PoT for the town square and set up the public crafting stations for all of my guild mates. Most of our "residents" may be living out of their banks for a while but it will not stop us from crafting!

Ice Queen likes this.
  11. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

From what I gathered (and I will certainly let the Devs make the final say for themselves) is there were some specific promises given during the Kickstarter phase prior to the introductions of POTs. Chris actually remarked on it during the last Hangout video, that even though Starr is a huge proponent of the POTs for the game and wasn't around for the KS part, he has even been adamant about ensuring the land rush schedule remains true to the spirit of the KS pledges as not to disillusion those who did pony up some serious cash to get the concept rolling.

You will definitely get your chance in the sun to establish your town :D

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I am indifferent.
    As a PoT owner i agree with the OP.
    As Baron backer i don't.
    Setting up everything before somebody else, even if it is in your very own PoT is a headstart.

HoustonDragon likes this.
  13. gambit618

gambit618 Avatar

I wasnt part of the kickstarter, Roycestein. Too much going on with work and little time for gaming back then. I got involved with SoTA last fall and wish I could have gotten involved sooner.

I may be different than other PoT owners but I dont even put up my own house after each wipe. I dedicate my tax free village lot (which is the first lot I put down, every time on every wipe) to have all crafting stations and 2 gardens. I also place a public garden right next to it with a crafting and bank vendor so anyone can use it and go back and forth. This way the banker is always nearby and so is a crafting vendor. The way I set it up is advantageous to anyone that stops by the Highland Keep of Clan MacDaddy :) I guess the only "advantage" I would have is I put my basement hatch on it so I have somewhere to live lol

Laddy MacDaddy

14. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

I HAte THis !!!

15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

be coverd explained and left to stand for over a month, no suprises here.

Lot selection is across the board.

16. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I have a town and I understand waiting as well. Still going to design lot placement and decorate while waiting.

17. gambit618

gambit618 Avatar

Weins201- that is correct, but it does not mean we cant give feedback about it. If the devs do not change it then so be it. But no reason why we cant explain how we feel and help give input for the game which is the whole point of alpha/beta.

If I were able to place crafting stations without needing a lot/deed to do so as a PoT owner, then this wouldnt be that big of a deal. I use my lot for communal crafting as explained above with a banker NPC right next to it due to not having a town crier in my biome. Anyone is welcome to craft and access the bank at my PoT. Now with the deed list in place... I cant even offer that service to anyone.

One pain point that became very evident with this release due to the enforcement of the deed list is that since there is no town crier (and I searched the entire biome) I cant even bind to my own town lol. I put a bug alert in so that will be fixed. But if I could claim a lot, this wouldnt be as big of a problem- i still 100% disagree with not being able to have my own lot as town owner which is why put this thread up immediately after the release. I think we've had some good discussion so far and maybe this can be taken into consideration.

Laddy MacDaddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.