Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unable to engage conversation with Grannus

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by Uncle Ben, May 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

I was able to talk with Grannus the first time I saw him, after that I went to talk with Mara. Ever since then I am not able to engage in any conversation with Grannus again. I suppose that stops me from continue my quest.

It can be reproduced, I have log on and off/change Play Mode/ leave the instance and etc Grannus just won't engage conversation with me.

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Grannus currently will not engage in conversation after the initial amulet turn-in (a bug which will be fixed next patch), but you are done with him for that step of the quest. You then neeed to talk to Mara and Essen, both of whom should have journal entries prompting you to do so. From there you are sent outside Valhold.

3. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

Unfortunately I was too curious for my own good, I started to talk to Mara before I had a chance turning in the Amulet (The turn in window were never popped up when I met up with Grannus).
    Mara currently pretty much respond everything with "I cannot speak of this right now" with all the relevant key words that I could think of. Include "Help", which I thought that is what she needed when I mention "Grannus"

Essen on the other hand only says "Speaking is.... not easy. Please allow me to rest....." and not willing to engage further conversation with me.

I have also tried to go back to the battle camps but no meaningful conversations from there either.

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

That is happening to me, as well. I successfully spoke to Mara, and completed her request. I spoke to her before I tried to speak with Essen, if that makes a difference. Essen is not able to speak with me, either before I completed Mara's request, or after. Ferig and Demig are too busy to speak with me now.

I did fight with some kobolds right after I delivered the warrant to Ferig. During the fight there was a message that popped up over all the other text of the kobolds calls during the fight. It was larger and in a different font than the rest of the text. It said something about someone wanting to talk and asking me to stop fighting. It was a little hard to read since it was over all the other text. It did not last too long. I did not see it in the chat afterward. I stopped fighting, but had taken the kobolds down to very low hit points, and the Knights of Norgard who were in the battle finished them off. That happened for two combats. I left the scene and came back. It has not happened again. All kobolds I encounter only want to fight, now. I take them down to low hit points thinking that will trigger the parley message. It does not.

5. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

Also need to mention that my Journal has not updated at all except for the entry that Brigid told me to go to find Grannus and deliver the Amulet.

Of course I still have the Amulet with me since as mentioned I did not talk about turn in Amulet with Granuus during our first meeting

6. Lum the Mad

Grannus does ask him why you are there. You have to tell him via typing in the answer (he will accept quite a few) but just clicking links will do nothing, because he is asking you a direct question.

7. Lum the Mad

There is no parley message for the kobolds. Not sure what you thought you saw. You need to speak to one brother after talking to Essen, and the other after talking to Mara.

8. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

As mentioned Grannus at this point would not engage conversation with me no longer. Thus there is no way for me to give him the Amulet through conversing with him.

9. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Is there a trigger word for Essen?

Edit: Trigger words that don't work: "Grannus", "Demig", "Ferig", "Mara", "Brigid", "Amulet", "Testimony", "Fate", "Yes", "No", "Help", "Kobold", "Skrekk", "Rest", "Speaking", "Hail", and "Look, You're The One That Asked To Speak To Me".

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  10. Crashinn2

Crashinn2 Avatar

I tried with my alt character, thinking if I spoke to Essen before Mara would work, but still got the Speaking is not easy...allow me to rest.

11. Lum the Mad

OK, it seems Essen is using the wrong dialog (he's using a wounded guard dialog instead - there's an entire key part of the quest line where you *have* to talk to him to move things along), it'll be fixed in the next patch.

I'll also make it so you don't have to play hunt the keyword for turning in the amulet to Grannus.

The step after Demig/Ferig (Skrekk) is still closed off for now because it takes you directly into the final step which isn't ready yet. Not sure if that will be in the next patch or the one after - watch patch notes for updates.

Spoiler: you want to look around the palace before talking to Mara... it's not required but it'll get you some more background (and possibly more depending on how you play your cards)

Thanks all!

Crashinn2 and Traveller13 like this.
  12. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Thank you. I took a quick look around the castle my first visit. I saw a rabbit in the kitchen, and thought, "Damn, little one, you're in exactly the wrong place. You might want to hop on out of here."

13. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Okay. Carrying on to the next step. I spoke to Essen, and received two items. I went to Demig's camp, spoke to a guard to receive passage, then went to Demig. He is too busy to talk to me. Has anyone else been successful in speaking to him?

14. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

Tried in the new patch. Essen talks to me now and gave the scepter head and a writ ask me to see Demig. Demig kept on saying he is busy and would not talk to me.

About Garnnus, I am still not able to engage conversation with him, thus I am unable to deliver the Amulet.
    Mara still gives me "I cannot speak of this right now" answers

So just because i did not turn in to Amulet when I first encounter Garrnus the entire quest line for me is blocked?

15. Lum the Mad

He should dismiss you (kings don't like it when you waste their time) and then you can talk to him again and turn it in. I'm adding a fix to Grannus now so you can talk to him if you blow the initial turnin but it may not make the final patch cutoff for this release. You should also be able to progress the quest in that case by telling Grannus "activate".

16. Lum the Mad

Found the bug with Demig not responding and fixing that now as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.