Sorry - but I'm so lost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Josh Randall, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

You are not very well informed then.

There were 3 ideas:
    • Weekly deed auction: One deed per area per week would be put up for auction for in-game currency.
    • Lottery system: Player characters purchase tickets for a chance to win a deed.
    • Land rush: Deeds are offered at an extremely high but fixed price until the supply runs out.
    I believe in some Telethon theese things came up first.
    But a simple google search will give you various links to pages where people discuss about this stuff (and ofc. on this forum).

from Apr 14, 2016.
    Darkstarrs Post
    41) 14:44 <+StarLord> Question: what will the POT home vendor sell?
    A: Decorations, Lottery tickets for Lot Deeds, Homes

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Thanks for that.

I've done a simple Google search. I found a bunch of people who know no better than I do speculating on what might happen and no official word on it apart from the small comment in a large post you found above.

3. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

That small comment came from an quite important DEV i would say :p
    So if you don't even believe what he wrote...
    and since you pretty much missed everything discussed & related to "lot deeds after final wipe", hey know what, probably nothing will change your current believes and i see no point in further discussing about this with you.

4. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I've just googled that. It got exactly one result. It was about Obsidian Crowns.

If you continue to provide no evidence to support your conclusions then yes, you are correct, my beliefs will be unchanged. You still haven't answered this question:

Fister Magee likes this.
  5. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

First off house is really a vanity item, it has lots of storage but you can get your bank up enough to store enough stuff (assuming you dont' go crazy in the addon store).
    The first 300 extra slots currently cost 286k gold with the majority of that money spent on the last 100 slots.
    You can bind at any town, or any house you have enough permissions at, so really is just a vanity item.

Secondly, you can buy a house lot or deed from players as well, I expect it to be really expensive in gold. They are supposed to be adding a mechanic to do secure trading on lots, but it's not in yet.
    (I think they said they want to tax the trade)

There is also the option to rent a room in another players house. E.g. My basement has 10 rooms with doors so in theory I could rent one of those rooms to you.
    Again, this isn't in the game yet either.

There are also more episodes planned later down the road with more housing options available then.
    Right now Housing is overly restricted, I think mostly just to make housing pledges feel like they got some value for their dollars.

I imagine, over time the housing market will be reworked repeatedly until everyone feels they have a pretty good shot at getting a house of their own eventually

6. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

It's funny, you talk about "arguments" and stuff, yet you are totally clueless about the entire topic...

I already gave you 3 mechanism Port was talking about.
    I already gave you plenty of arguments Port was talking about.

If you want evidence then for gods sake take your time and watch all Telethons/Hangouts as i seriously don't remember in what Episode nor at what time it was.
    And i seriously don't feel like guiding you how to get informed... I have better things to do...
    Have fun while doing so.
    You are so uber missinformed/uninformed you just won't believe it!

Enough said...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  7. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Then don't, I can continue to live in happy ignorance. Just answer my question.

8. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

Already did several times, if you can't read and if you are too lazy to get informed, i can't help you at all.
    In the end i don't really care what you believe anyway.

9. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

No, you didn't. You've just rabbited on about how ill informed I am as if I haven't watched many of the hangouts and read many of the dev posts. My question isn't about that, here it is again in a simple and straightforward form:

Why do you believe we will run out of housing deeds immediately after final wipe?

10. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

I never directly said that i believe we will run out of lot deeds immediately after final wipe.
    But i can see with the sentence i used why you would think that: "There is no time to invest if there are no "deeds" to buy within the game.".

That's not what i meant with that sentence.
    But the way the deeds are gonna get distributed (lottery) may hinder a lot of players to get an lot deed. So even if they have 1 million Gold, they simply can't buy one because they are forced to wait to win a lot deed in the lottery.
    Feels just wrong to me. You don't have to agree with me there at all. But lottery is just the latest info we have.

Things might change, hopefully...

11. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

What you said was:

Or until someone who has a deed is willing to sell it for 1 million gold. Or until new land is made available with the release of Episode 2.

12. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

Nope, what most new players will do is just quit playing and move on to a better game with a more friendly new player experience.

And btw., in that other sentence i also used the magic word "probably".

13. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Which circles us back around to: why do new players need to be able to immediately buy a house? To avoid sidetracking: if they've been in the game long enough to earn 1 million gold I'm not counting them as 'new players' anymore. I am sure (though you can disagree, it's not worth getting in an argument about something this speculative) that if a player has 1 million in in-game gold they will be able to buy a deed, and I also think that will be a good thing because it means the deeds many of us already have are actually worth something.

Yes, and I was asking you why you thought it was probable. Though you don't need to answer that any more because you were right (thanks @Spoon ) that NPC vendors will no longer sell deeds after final wipe.

14. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

You really seem to like making a big deal out of all this.
    Are you bored in your real life or something?

The 1 mil Gold example was just that, an example.
    Could be just 250k as well for a smaller deed. And gathering 250k Gold can be done in 1 week of gameplay or even less than that.
    And since we have to deal with an lottery system, you could even gather 10 Million Gold and still end up with no deed at all for quite a while.

Counterquestion:
    Do you really think most new players do not want to own their own house at some point?
    And again, like i have stated already in this thread, i never said that new players should be able to immediately buy an house.
    But if they spend their worthy real life time to gather 1 million Gold they shouldn't be forced to wait for some wierd lottery system.
    Sure, they can maybe buy an lot deed from another player. But what if there is noone arround selling a lot deed ingame for gold?
    Josh Randall in this thread is just the best example how most new players will think about an system like the "lottery" for lot deeds.

Your assumptions are just as speculative like mine are.
    The only difference here always was that i was informed, you apparently were not.
    But i am glad that you have found now a thread that seems to be "evidence" enough for you.

Hey uhh, believe whatever you want.
    I played tons of RPGs/MMOs the past 2 decades so i pretty much know what is good for the longlivity of such an game.
    The problem here is, i am always right.
    Recent steam reviews don't really look good either, and i was expecting that.
    If you have **** reviews on Steam before the game even launched, you will have an very very, VERY hard time to find your solid place in the gaming market.
    Now add in silly stuff like "COTOs for repair" and "lottery for lot deeds" and things will get even worse, 100% guaranteened!

15. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

LOL - hey guys/gals - thanks for hijacking although I think you both make valid points, maybe better in another thread? - at least try to keep it civil :)

himmelweiss, curt and Jynx like this.
  16. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

You seem to have a compulsion for personal insults where none are warranted. To summarize: I am lazy, illiterate, clueless and don't have a 'real life'. Did I miss any?

I think if they want a game where everyone is guaranteed a house then they should play a different game. It's been quite clear from the outset that this is not the intention with this game, however deeds will get distributed.

Sure, my apologies, I'll bow out.

17. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

No worries - you both seem so passionate about your opinions - it's all good

himmelweiss likes this.
  18. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

You are way too sensitive.
    Such insults are really minor... i wouldn't even call em as insults...

And i have never said "illiterate" to you at all, that's something very different!
    Same with "real life", where did i say you have no "real life"? I was just asking if you are bored currently, that was a normal question.

And yet, still, you just seem to be a person that likes to make a twist of every word and sentence someone says.
    Your attitude is really annoyingly ignorant.

Im out here for good now, totally useless discussion about things that just don't really matter at all.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~I Agree, I Know Where This Conversation's Headed To~:(
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:D

himmelweiss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.