Steam Reviews Seriously Bad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dirty Deeds, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Yep I know that, I believe then that perhaps they should have an early access/official release dates as separate lines.

2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I've removed a disparaging comment against the development team. We do not call anyone out, ever. If you have a concern, issue, or other point to make here, leave out the personal attacks and please keep to the conversation.

3. Daevin Aruth

Daevin Aruth Avatar

The only review of SoTA that truly counts to me, is my own when I play the game. All others is just their opinion.

4. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

The things is, you should never sell your game on steam, if your game is not ready.
    As soon as you start selling your game, people are going to judge your game, and if the majority says ,the game sucks.. Well guess what, the reviews are going to destroy your game.
    But Devs are seeing a good money grab instead of working with the community to improve the game.
    Like: Ok , you want us to improve the combat system? Tell us what you would like, so we can change it to improve your experience.

Sadly, I never saw something like this.

I have the feeling that whatever we say, Devs will never listen to us, to change things.

Prove me wrong pls.

5. Kensing Ton

Kensing Ton Avatar

*groan*

"the days of games lasting that long are over"

Just keep saying it over and over until you actually get it.

Ice Queen likes this.
  6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Im actually looking for and hope I found one here that will last me 8 or more years I expect it will take that long to see eps5 anyways .

7. TEK1

TEK1 Avatar

I agree with a lot of this. As I've noted several times, I went to 3 different Duke and LOTM round table meetings in Austin and whenever I heard RG give his general ideas, philosophies and vision for the game, I was always hyped to play that type of game he spoke about. The problem is that the game and world that he would talk about has rarely matched up with what was being created. It seems like in the battle of ideas, his ideas seems to have lost out for a reason unknown. I secretly wish that RG would really take charge of SotA, get rid of development by committee, and rule it's development with an iron fist.

8. Smitty

Smitty Legend of the Hearth

How to fix SoTA (hint, it's all immersion based);

1) Implement item drop everywhere
    2) Add resource gathering everywhere
    3) Add mobs to all nodes
    4) Remove single player --> online resource movement (will ruin the economy)
    5) Stop PoTs, will only further spread the people online
    6) Make the nodes much bigger to encompass more than just a cobbling of houses
    7) Open PVP outside of guard protection - and with consequences (dropping loot)

9. Ravicus Sales

Ravicus Sales Avatar

I totally agree.

10. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Such a shame.

11. Ravicus Sales

Ravicus Sales Avatar

I, and I suspect many, backed this game as a lord british game. I think that says something. I do understand though what your saying, but this is a different scenario, Lord british made the Ultimas.

Moiseyev Trueden and Smitty like this.
  12. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I think everyone has had a chance to speak their mind on the subject at this point. I've already replied with comments on some of the feedback, thank you! We hear the concern about Steam and understand where you're coming from.

We're not going to move this topic forward much other than worrying everyone else in the community over doomsday talk and our own interpretations of what we envisioned the game to be. To prevent it from going downhill, I'm going to lock the thread and ask that we discuss each of the original subjects in existing threads elsewhere in the forums please.

The original topic starter suggested points about the new user experience. I would encourage that to be continued, as we definitely want to hear from you on how to improve the game for new players. Please do ask questions during upcoming postmortem livestreams as well!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  13. Lord British

Lord British Lord British SOTA Developer

I too would like to thank everyone for their candor! We are indeed listening, and I do believe we are trying to address quests and convos and combat!
    Yes, they went through lots of experimental change, which happens in development, but frankly I agree it feels "rough" right now, with all the half finished experiments.
    We will endeavor to clean them up asap! I am in and playing most every day as well, so I feel similar pain.
    We work for you!
    - Richard "Lord British" Garriott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.