Hi i was buy this game..in steam

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Lightpyro, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightpyro

Lightpyro Avatar

okey thanks.. but what would you do into my case and wishes?? so i not waste to much??

Dantuin likes this.
  2. Dantuin

Dantuin Avatar

I would look at getting the Edelman package if you want the "village" sized lot (for extra farm land room)

You can look at buying this package (and support the game) from the store at https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=35139

I believe they are 15% off right now (adds to store credit)... https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=29385

I just don't know how much you want to spend... but personally I would rather have a "tax free" lot from a package rather than pay tax every month.

But this would be my personal choice -- or look at buying a package in the marketplace

I am not trying to sell anything here just give you choices :) -- it is a bit confusing to be sure

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  3. Lightpyro

Lightpyro Avatar

okey.. thanks but do you know how much is the tax every months ?? and the edelman are very expensive one hehe :)

Dantuin likes this.
  4. Dantuin

Dantuin Avatar

Yes and I understand -- the tax I do not know too much about -- I think it depends on size? -- can someone else help with this question please?

5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The taxes are not meant to be much. The idea is just to make sure that you have to be active and playing the game to keep that piece of land. If you stop playing for a couple months and don't pay taxes, your deeds and belongings will go back to the bank and someone else who is active can grab that spot of land (assuming they have a land deed).

Dantuin likes this.
  6. Lightpyro

Lightpyro Avatar

ah okey thanks.. But are the Tax for land or the House.. or both? to ask the last question..

Dantuin likes this.
  7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

@Berek , you might want to get this guy pointed to the correct location.

Dantuin likes this.
  8. Dantuin

Dantuin Avatar

I believe you pay tax on the deed (land) only -- I hope I did not confuse you too much -- Good luck to you :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  9. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

You pay taxes on the lot. When you buy a LOT DEED (https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085#tab-property_deeds) you can get a home... if you just buy a house you will not be able to place it. All the other houses in the addon store clearly state this; however, it appears they forgot to list that. I will tag the people who can communicate this and get it updated. It seems you are having a difficulty with understanding what you get with your purchase so I want to be very clear so you are not confused. If you look at the add-on store you'll see a tab that says "Homes" and a tab that says "Property Deeds"... you need a deed before you can place a home.

And, you are correct, you would need a village size or larger deed if you want to have a garden outside.

Hope that helps!

------

@Berek @dallas @DarkStarr @Chris @FireLotus PLEASE UPDATE THE SPECIALS PAGE
    Viking 2-Story Village Home with Dual Balconies (digital)
    (NOTE: You will need a Village, Town, or City Level Property to place this home in-game. Ancestor Level pledges and higher will still receive the home included in their rewards if they purchase this home as an add-on)
    THIS IS MISSING FROM THE HOUSE PURCHASE!

10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Just to summarize all the information already here:
    • A Steam purchase does not include property.
    • To own property in the game you need a lot deed (to claim a lot)
    • Lot deeds come in different sizes. Since you are interested in farming on your property, you would need a village deed or larger.
    • There are four kinds of lot deeds at present:
    1. Tax-free lot deeds that are included in a pledge. Most pledges have already expired. The Edelmann pledge ($575) is the smallest pledge that contains a tax-free village lot deed. You can use tax-free pledge deeds to claim an available lot anywhere, but if you want to claim a lot in a Player-Owned-Town you need the permission of the town owner. See pledges here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=35139
    2. Taxable lot deeds that can be used to claim an available lot anywhere (but if you want to claim a lot in a Player-Owned-Town you need the permission of the town owner) can be purchased in the add-on store here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085#tab-property_deeds. The lot deed comes with a house. This kind of village lot deed is currently sold out.
    3. Taxable lot deeds that can be used only to claim an available lot in a Player-Owned-Town can also be purchased here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085#tab-property_deeds. This kind of lot deed does not come with a house. The village version currently costs $165. To use this lot deed, you need the permission of a Player-Owned-Town owner to claim a lot with it in their town.
    4. Tax-free lot deeds that can be used only to claim an available lot in a Player-Owned-Town can be purchased in newly introduced Viking Bundles here https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085#tab-specials. Currently only bundles containing Row lot deeds, a Row house and some extras are available. We expect Portalarium to introduce additional bundles containing tax-free village lot deeds that can only be placed in Player-Owned-Towns. To use one of these deeds to claim a lot in a Player-Owned-Town you need the permission of the town owner.
    In addition to the above lot deeds which are available in the add-on-store, it will be possible to purchase a taxable lot deed after the final wipe with in-game-gold. However, we do not yet know the exact procedure. Lot deeds will not be available to be purchased by anyone in unlimited amounts from vendors in the game, because large guilds which can earn more gold in-game than single players would be able to buy up all the available land. For this reason, the number of lot deeds available for purchase in the game will be strictly controlled by Portalarium and we expect lot deeds to be released over time. There may be some kind of lottery to determine who can buy a deed.

If you purchase a village lot deed in the add-on store or make a pledge to Edelmann, the deed belongs to your account, and it will still belong to you after the final wipe. Lot deed owners are assigned a time-frame during which they can claim a lot after the final game wipe.

Regarding taxes: Taxes are due for property that is claimed with a taxable lot deed. It has nothing to do with a house. If you claim a lot with a taxable lot deed you must pay a tax, even if no house is placed on the lot. Currently the daily Row lot deed tax is 100 gold per day. I think the in-game tax on a village lot deed is double that but I am not sure. This amount can change after the final wipe, since the tax is based on the amount of time it takes an average player to earn gold.

For players who want to farm but don't own property, there has been mention of public farming areas, but this isn't in the game yet.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  11. Lightpyro

Lightpyro Avatar

the prices are away too expensive. when you gonna pay for real money... But i have upgrade my account to Ancestor.. so now i something i can start with atleast

12. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Congrats to the upgrade to Ancestor! Now you'll have a tax-free row lot deed in game. You can upgrade to a larger row house in game with gold or buy a larger basement in game without spending any real life money.

13. Lightpyro

Lightpyro Avatar

thanks.. and yeah now i just need to find out how to earn money.. so i can easy after wipe get my planed lot.... so no need to rush to buy with real money while rest of people take all the best places

14. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Very well written and informative.

Dantuin and enderandrew like this.
  15. Curt

Curt Avatar

I belive will be something called public gardens where you can plant stuff to but has not examined agriculture myself.

16. Nick

Nick Avatar

Hi Kara Brae, this is really useful. Maybe you can add on information regarding hatches and basements, then perhaps @Berek would be kind enough to sticky it up somewhere for new players interested in housing to see.

17. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    If you like to have farm, you ether wait till the wipe and start saving in game money for a village lot, or buy the edelmans pledge for real money now and have a tax free lot.

Ice Queen likes this.
  18. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

Lightpyro, if you upgrade from Ancestor to Edelmann before that pledge expires, the cost would only be the difference in price (see your account page). A tax-free village deed that comes with Edelmann would provide a lot to put planters for growing things, your choice with, or without, a house on it, and never need to pay in-game tax. However, to grow anything at a row lot home that comes with the Ancestor pledge, the player is limited to the small, single-plant pots inside, with no, or very limited, placement outside; that is because there is either no yard at all, or only a very tiny one in front. There is no option to remove the house on the row-lot to use it only as a yard; the row-lot house must stay. Another option would be to go to the add-on store and find the Property Deeds tab, and scroll down to the Player Owned Town Village Lot deed for consideration, but it will require the in-game tax, and it can only be placed in a Player-Owned Town, so you might need to ask the town-owner for permission to live in their town. I hope this helps with your decisions.

Cassandra Corax likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.