Less than a month.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oba Evesor, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Just went to invest in some crowns, noticed the countdown.

29days 23hours 18min.

Less than a month! W00t

2. Knights_of_White_Satin

Knights_of_White_Satin Avatar

Have to Agree and Second that. Woot !!!

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I'll reserve my Woot until I see what we have at the beginning of August, when sooooo many perspective Avatars are experiencing our game for the first time...

And we know how important first impressions are, do we not ?

They have a LOT to fix before then....

I'm hoping they can get it done.......... ;)

margaritte, Acred, Oba Evesor and 4 others like this.
  4. baltaronsteam87

baltaronsteam87 Avatar

Ive got the beta on Steam and have played like 8 hours... what systems really need fleshing out? I cant tell how far the game goes, so far it seems like theres just no one around but are some of the systems fundamentally broken still and they wanna launch in a month?

Oba Evesor, Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Launch is in December.

Mac R, Oba Evesor, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Welcome to SotA, @baltaronsteam87 !

The main reason why you don't see anyone around is because the game will be wiped on July 28, and any progress that players make in the game now will be deleted then. You will see a quick surge in the population numbers in a few days when Release 31 goes live. Over the entire pre-alpha phase of the game's development the population has boomed at the beginning of each monthly release, then waned as players waited to see the new content in the next release. The game has been wiped every three months, and shortly before a wipe, population understandably dwindles to a trickle.

Once persistence has been achieved with the Final Wipe on July 28 I expect to see many more active players. Owners of Player-Owned-Towns which are now empty will then see a purpose in investing hundreds of hours getting their towns ready.

There is one other "hindrance" to seeing other players: the Single Player Online mode. Many players spend most or much of their time in that mode, especially when gathering resources.

The thing to keep in mind is that even though the Final Wipe will take place at the end of July, the game will still be in Early Access. It is a time for players to test new features of the game and give feedback and submit bug reports if they desire to do so. It is not a time to expect the game to be in a finished state. If you are interested in seeing the changes/additions planned for the time before and after the final wipe, you can take a look at the roadmap: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/roadmap.52342/

You will see that changes, additions and improvements to all the important game features (crafting, combat, quests, social, etc) are planned. The only thing that is 100% certain is that no matter what the developers do, they can't make everyone happy. If I have learned one thing in reading these forums over the past 2 years it is that one person's favorite feature is considered to be a game-breaking disaster by the next person.

I am aware of two game-breaking problems at present: A crashing bug that affects everyone and the fact that the game is virtually unplayable by Linux users. Both of these problems are due to bugs in the latest version of the Unity engine. The Portalarium team is working with the Unity development team to try to resolve these issues.

If you are interested in seeing what issues are resolved in each patch and which issues are still known issues that haven't been resolved, you can take a peek at the Patch Notes: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=32989

I think the developers are targeting the end of 2016 for the official launch of the game. Any serious bugs like the Unity problems can affect these plans of course.

In any case, I hope you enjoy the game, and if you have any questions, there are many people who will be glad to help you!

strabo, Acred, Dantuin and 7 others like this.
  7. Knights_of_White_Satin

Knights_of_White_Satin Avatar

You have to remember that Final-Wipe is less than a Month away. With that said, I only have to assume most of the Sota player base is probably hanging
    low until that wipe. But again, I'm just guessing that is why the player traffic in the game might seem low to you.

Thank You
    for your input

have a Good Day and
    Take Care

:)

8. matpsch

matpsch Developer Emeritus

9. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

yeup only putting in an hour or 2 here and there rerolling messing around with starts and such.

the game i spend most of my time in i am selling out my inventory expecting sota to become my main place to stay virtually for a quite a while :) if all goes well i will not mind cashing out there to bring it into sota :)

to all the people that spent these years testing you have my thanks and appreciation.

that being said i dont mind the idea that there will still be bugs and changes to the system as we go forward from final wipe. as long as my progression is no longer wiped ill be in almost everyday and happily report bugs and give feedback :)

Vaentorian, Acred, Dantuin and 9 others like this.
  10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

After the final wipe, you will still get a "construction zone" disclaimer thrown in your face every time you log on. Those who want to see whats planned to be in game before Launch in december should check out the Road Map thread under the announcment section of the forums.

Its looking very promising

DancingShade, Acred, kbruder and 4 others like this.
  11. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I'm already stressing out... I still can't decide between Love, Truth, or Courage!

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Thanks for your nice words nonaware ^^

13. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Decide what you want to be as a character: Fighter, Mage, or Archer.

Fighter = Courage
    Mage = Truth
    Archer = Love

That will get you started, and as was mentioned in an earlier Dev post, all three quest lines must be completed, so you have time.

Mac R, Acred, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  14. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I want to be a fighter-mage-archer... :D I just can't decide which quest line I want to start with.

15. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I thought we didn't have to complete even one :eek: bummer I'm very rarely in the mood for questing

Budner, Time Lord and Oba Evesor like this.
  16. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

You dont have to complete any quest line.
    You do have to choose which line you will follow in the beginning to establish which skill set ya start with. Once that is done though you could just go grind xp, if ya so desire. :)

17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Honestly, I'm surprised people aren't specifically going for truth just because that's the only starting area not blocked off by control points.

Oba Evesor and Time Lord like this.
  18. Lacey

Lacey Avatar

I wish we could choose what kind of mage we are instead of defaulting to fire...

DancingShade, Acred, Balandar and 3 others like this.
  19. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Completely agree. I've been playing a Water/Air/Archer build... I'd rather go down the Truth quest line as it fits my character's personality. However, I want those archer skills and do not need fire... so I'll start with Love and probably upset a few watchers.

Oba Evesor, Acred and Time Lord like this.
  20. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Really looking forward to playing my mage without the ever present fear of upcoming wipes. I barely play currently (even though I enjoy it a lot) specifically because I dislike wasted effort.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.