Welcome to Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Release 66! “How to Play” instructions and game update notes on Release 66 are available here.
Build Number 996 – June 21, 2019 12:15 AM
- Fixed resurrection ankhs in Tartarus.
- Added support for upcoming leaderboard changes.
- Added missing fireworks from featured Lord British seasonal items in Crown Shop.
Build Number 995 – June 19, 2019 12:15 AM
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Fixed an issue where Kinsey wasn’t giving the lot deed at the same time as Stanley’s report. Added a self-fix for players who didn’t get the deed, by saying “deed” to Kinsey.
- Added logging to help diagnose an error on login.
- Added Ornate Dragon Bow to Crown Shop.
- Added Huge Pirate Galleon Homes (Keep sized) to Crown Shop.
Build Number 993 – June 14, 2019 1:15 PM
- Fix bug that caused max health for players to be reduced.
- Ardoris: Fixed issues with lingering compass markers related to “Black Arrow” quest.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Fixed an error that occured when Kinsey was giving players the report for Stanley and the lot deed.
- Crown Shop – Added Lord British 2019 Birthday Cake
- Crown Shop – Added Front-Clasped Death Adder Cloak and Death Adder Cloak
- Crown Shop – Added Large and Huge Disco Ball
- Crown Shop – Added Giant Pirate Galleon Homes (known issue: Crows nests do not support decoration due to extreme height – will be fixed in a patch.)
- Crown Shop – Added Ruined Furniture Set
- POT A’doe Trunalor: Upgraded to Municipality from Town.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Fixed an issue with the version of Kinsey’s “report” response that should give players a replacement report.
Build Number 992 – June 11, 2019 6:15 PM
- Changes to improve NPC and pet response times.
- Added some resurrection ankhs to Tartarus.
- Brightbone Pass: Increased amount of wolves and bears in the area.
- Fix bug that allowed skills not marked as “Utility” (such as Dash) to be used from the Utility Hotbar during combat.
Build Number 991- June 8, 2019 12:15 AM
- Locking a taming caller to inventory will prevent taming over a current pet, otherwise, you can do so again.
- Ardoris: Saying “hello” to Tanya Cumpston after completing the black arrow quest will clean up lingering tasks for “grandfathered” players.
- Improve pathfinding for medium crocs.
- Tartarus polish and updates.
- Leaderboard fixes.
- The Fall: Converted lich room to wave battle.
- Fix chat UI initialization bug that caused word bubble icons next to conversation keywords to be invisible when the conversation window opens.
- Scale conversation window such that its size is constant relative to the screen (no longer dependent on resolution).
- Brookside: If you completed the Grand Tour but have a lingering task to talk to the Brookside automaton, it will now properly clear when you talk to that NPC.
Build Number 989 – June 7, 2019 11:30 AM
- Fix issue with UI being too small at high resolutions – which undoes a fix from yesterday for now “Fixed an issue where dragging windows on high resolution monitors would cause them to get offset from the cursor.”
- Devotional Caretakers: Fixed typos in conversation responses.
- Player-Owned Towns: Town Criers in these locations will no longer misrepresent that they can accept undelivered mail.
- Town Criers: Binding for the first time once again awards the player with an amount of gold instead of opening a mail trade window.
- Fix hotbar issue that caused the wrong hotbars to be shown for a while after changing scenes.
- Isle of Storms: Added a method to remove the “Go to New Britannia” task if it lingers due to a bug.
- Deep Ravenswood: Removed problematic collision from a large chain and rebaked the NavMesh.
- Ardoris: Added a “love” response for Shaaria Barista’s conversation.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Fixed puddle with collision.
- K’rul: Fixed stuck spot.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Fixed water collision issue.
Build Number 988 – June 6, 2019 2:05 PM
- Taming improvement – don’t allow an existing pet to be over-written by another when taming a new pet.
- Fixed an issue where dragging windows on high resolution monitors would cause them to get offset from the cursor.
- Snowy Mountains Road Encounter: Improved the path grid in the lower-elevation areas.
- Made T15 Boar 25% larger.
- Harvestable resources now all glow and pulse correctly. Includes: Granite Clay Coal Salt Brimstone Crystals Coconuts Oysters Garlic Pumpkins Nightshade Dragonscales Trees (trunk)
- Battle of Solace Bridge: Edvard’s last “hello” response now allows you to use the exit boat and includes the teleport scroll rewards. A second (nonfunctional) boat was added for Edvard’s later use.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Kinsey now walks on a short waypoint path. Removed incidental guard NPCs from bivouac. The zombies on the ramp up to the bivouac no longer spawn in “ambush” mode. Fixed issues in various conversations.
- Battle of Solace Bridge: Completely removed Charlotte’s combat barks.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Ensured Kinsey was attached to her waypoint path.
- Battle of Solace Bridge – lowered floating pumpkin vines
- Crypt of the Avatar – fixed gap in wall
- Shuttered Eye Interior – moved chests from wall so lids don’t clip
Build Number 986 – June 5, 2019 5:45 PM
- Point West: Improved how the local devotional caretakers conclude the “Kill Nefario” task in ther conversations.
- Peacock feather is now visible on female version of Hustler Hat
- Grannus Colossus: Increased probability of T15 wolf
- Fixed a variety of issues with some new tamable creatures.
- Resource Nodes: Fixed issues with unreachable resource nodes.
- Improved feedback for failure to use skills in some cases.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Fixed an issue where Kinsey wasn’t always awarding a quest flag simultaneous to the corresponding reward.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Fixed an issue where Kinsey pointed players to Lord Langston even if they already were on or completed Langston’s quest. Fixed an issue where offering to “help” Filmore wouldn’t clear Kinsey’s related task. Fixed a typo in one of Julie’s responses. Added “Quincy” response for guards.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Added a trigger volume that helps clear lingering “Use WASD…” task.
- Battle of Solace Bridge: Fixed typos in Edvard’s responses.
- Desolis: Lingering “Return Sketchbook to Owner” tasks should now automatically clear.
- Owl’s Head: Fixed an issue where Myra’s tasks wouldn’t always clear.
Build Number 985 – June 4, 2019 4:00 PM
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to hang when loading into scenes in offline mode.
- Reduced focus cost for high tier pets.
- Oracle: Fixed an issue to allow her to once again display your status of the Virtues.
- Owl’s Head: Improved how a task completes when saying “help” to Wycliffe.
- Fixed various issue with mouse cursor state when using reticle mode.
- Jaanaford: Updated Jenna’s journal that sends players to Kiln to mention you “shouldn’t exclude anyone.”
- Soltown: Evans the guard now wears “waterfront” style armor as befits a guard from north Perennial Coast and Harry the guard now wears red-colored armor because he likes that color.
- Arabella: Arabella is no longer marked with Stanley’s quests. Also, she has idle animations now include reading and writing.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Improved Sedgewick’s responses regarding his trade window.
- Fixed problem with Heraldry Polearm not displaying heraldry correctly
- Malice: Changed Samael’s dialogue to match up with the ring being his wife’s (and doesn’t mention a boy anymore).
- Desolis: Updated the quest data for the “Obsidian History”/logbook quest from Elara Solastar and Wynston Haevia to have a full set of compass markers, and to ensure those compass markers disappear when the quest is over.
Build Number 984 – June 1, 2019 2:15 AM
- Alpine Encounter – Added T15 Polar Bear.
- Various leaderboard fixes.
- Fixed issue with taming Scorpions resulting in wrong creature.
- Battle of Solace Bridge: Fixed skeletona with bad display names. Improved journal entries and hints.
- Fixed a bug in one artifact recipe and added all new artifacts to loot bundles as very rare drops.
- Swamp Road Encounter: Fied an issue where a resource node was inside a poison field.
- Forest Road Encounter: Added elements to help NPCs not walk in campfire.
- Highvale Outskirts: Removed a gate that was blocking access to several monastery rooms.
- Hilt Fortress: Ensured the high-tier spiders are only in the default/multiplayer scenario and not the solo/quest scenario.
- East Sanctus Forest: Corrected spawn locations (were several discoveries flagged as ‘north entrance’)
- Forest Road Encounter: Fixed an issue where NPCs were sometimes running into the campfire and hurting themselves.
- Scene: Soltown – removed tree that was clipping into houses.
- Aerie: Henry Steel and Reunan LeFavre have returned to their respective homes.
- Starter Scenes: Added fix to clear lingering “Tell Anais About Watcher” task.
- Increased spawn rate of new T15 Scorpion in Northwest Blackblade Mountains.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Kinsey now awards the lot deed reward at the same time as the banner of love for those receiving them for the first time.
Build Number 982 – May 30, 2019 9:20 PM
- Leaderboards are now accessible under the window selector button.
- Fix hustle emote display name.
- POT Fairytale: Created new Holdfast in Novia between Soltown and Solace Bridge.
- Earthquake will now cast faster with earth spec as in the description of the spell.
- Fixed incorrect decoration setup for Colorful Mallard Duck.
- Fix ballroom dungeon room display name.
- Fix pink floor in ballroom dungeon room.
- Added flipped Ornate Tavern Counter to crown shop (has issue with ?? appearing in display name, will be fixed.)
- Added disco ball decoration to crown shop (has issue with ?? appearing in display name, will be fixed.)
- Battle of Solace Bridge: Removed Charlotte’s combat barks. Fixed typos and wording in various starting conversations.
- POT Chateau du Lys: Removed incorrect interconnection teleporters.
- Hilt Interior – Added T13 and T15 Spiders
- Ulfheim – Added T10 Arctic wolf
- The Fall – Added T15 red spider
Build Number 981 – May 30, 2019 10:30 AM
- Crashes may occur when running the game in MacOS Mojave. A workaround is to launch the game with -force-glcore (which can be added to the Launch Arguments box in the launcher options). There are also reports that 10.14.2 fixes this issue.
- Elysian Illumination no longer damages undead, and has a broken range for applying heals.
- Party/Companion nameplates can be visually obscured if enough buffs are added for icons to wrap to three rows.
- Visual quest indicators may be missing from compass. Adding the data to support them is an ongoing design process.
- Pets cannot follow players onto moving platforms.
- If an item’s name is in Runic, its flag as “Private Property” will also appear in Runic.
- Players with Tenant permissions on a Lot cannot place their own Player Vendors.
- Some decorations placed in basements may shift through walls and end up in inaccessible locations.
- Players may be unable to interact with objects via double-click if their framerate is poor. A workaround is to use the “E” interaction key.
- Some pledge, add on, and stretch goal items have not yet been built and/or do not yet have tech support.
- Some virus programs with outdated libraries may attempt to quarantine essential game files, mistakenly identifying them as threats. This can have significant effects, including the client not starting at all. We recommend keeping antivirus programs updated frequently as they address problems. Workarounds include reinstalling and launching the client with the aggressive antivirus software disabled, or whitelisting the game directory in the antivirus list of exceptions.