Welcome to Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Release 71! “How to Play” instructions and game update notes on Release 70 are available here.
Build Number 1075 – November 17 4:00AM
- Fix for an issue which could break the UI after dragging a world item to your character. This was an emergency patch after discovering this could break new user experience.
Build Number 1074 – November 16 6:00AM
- Fix bug that caused a decoration item to be lost when attempting to place it in an invalid location
- Numerous fixes the existing player owned town deco spawners
- Player owned town animal spawners are now available in the crown store
- Combat performance improvements for Ice Field, Ring of Fire, Meteor Shower, Soothing rain
- Visual fixes to a few convention reward items
- Conversation and quest fixes for Xenos
- Liche casters will now be far less resistant to Life Magic
- Player owned town size increase for Mith Ly’atharin
Build Number 1073 – November 7 7:00AM
- Fix for Bandit armor chest stats for the Uncommon, Rare, and Legendary versions
- Store cleanup and text work
Build Number 1072 – November 6 7:00AM
- Tartarus Cursed Maze now PVP
- Ardoris teleporter now correctly takes you to Ardoris!
- Typo fixes for the Crown shop
- Cherry petals falling VFX now correct brightness
- A number of new store items for Thanksgiving items, fairy items
- Break Weapon and Break Armor get a chance to dispel a positive buff on targets.
- Several more artifacts added to the Enchanting list including Sword of Speed, Wand of Air, Wand of Fire, Mace of Unsummoning, Staff of Death, Crossbow of Accuracy
Build Number 1068 – November 1 7:00AM
- Fixed exception when attempting to combine glyphs that do not combine with then broke the hotbar
- Soltown street signs color coding to yellow for critical signs
- Geometry error in login reward house fixed
- Ardoris, Central Brittany, and Owlshead city POT teleporters and VFX birds added to the crown store
- Improvements to Necropolis Barrens spawns
- Grey wolves face geometry rework
- Cherry Blossom tree collision improved
- Mannequins improved to crash through far fewer wearables
- Solace Bridge Outskirts work to eliminate stuck spots and also eliminate spots where new players were falling to their deaths
- Added missing 2H Life effects enchantment
- Fixed bug that had players interact with interactives under the cursor even if there was UI blocking it
- Fixed Miniature Fire Elemental deco issues with collision and incorrect visuals
Build Number 1067 – October 31 5:00PM
- Tartarus has been split into 2 scenes, one is a PVP maze and wave battle and the other, all PVE battles. This also resolves the issues some were seeing where they able to attack their own party members
- Brittany trainers should now stay put and be easier to find
- Exception fixed with picking up a POT Plot that was causing some odd behavior
- Aerie: Fixed an issue where the “Give Vault Key to Marlin” task marker wasn’t going away.
- Rose flower arrangements can now be placed as POT decos
- Estgard: Updated the auto-complete flag for 3 Courage-related tasks.
- Fireplace decos no longer flicker quite so crazily
- Despair improvements including some door work
- Party restriction removed from Despair so it will now behave like most other dungeons
- Tenebris Harbor: Players can no longer pick up a “lucky nugget” if they already have done so. Also, any players stuck with an extra one can talk to Zan in the guard camp to have it automatically removed.
- Kas Vault: Changed from two Tier 5 ghosts to one Tier 4 ghost, and from 2 Tier 5 spiders to one Tier 5 spider (with one less spawn location–the one that overlaps with the ghosts).
- Kobold Expeditionary Camp: Updated quest journal hint to mention the camp is north (not northwest). Also, improved criteria for displaying associated compass marker.
- Necropolis Barrens: Added the Tier 15 brown spider
- Compendium of Pain and Suffering: Faun_CP06 continues to have a virtue event (#31) associated with killing it. Howerver, the amount changes is now 0 Courage (as opposed to -1 Courage). This is because the Oracle needs to know you are killing Fauns, but you aren’t getting penalized for it.
- Epitaph: Players can no longer collect a Vermilion Lens if they have already done so.
- Book of Memorialized Names: Updated with new name
- Holiday Lights now hang much more reliably on exterior walls
- Sword of speed will now have 100 base durability
- Solar Flare will now correctly damage things
- Verdantis Mines terrain will no longer show grass
- Cost of Eggs and Pecan Nuts set back to 4
- Warp spiders have another new ability
- Store text bug fixes
- Batch crafting improvement: reuse unused ingredients after a failure instead of sending them to inventory. This was based on feedback from players at SOTACon
- Sword of speed no longer has incorrect colors when placed as a deco
- Grim Reaper mask no longer crashes through avatar face, but correctly hides it
- Fishing in a party will no longer generate a party roll for each fish caught!
- Moving off lot while placing a new decoration (still dragging, not dropped), prevents further decoration
- Added koi fish back to the koi pond green marble dungeon room
- Obsidian Altar can now be scaled all the way up to 120% and still be placeable
- Removed extra gold nameplate from Marlin Trophy
- Scarecrow mask is no longer set to be dyeable (was never intended to be)
- Spiders in Web Deco with Crawling Spiders now draw in front of the web instead of behind it.
- /bugspray emote animation now functions correctly for the female so that the plunger moves as it should
- Fiedx bug that prevented dynamic plot boundaries from being visible while moving the dynamic plot
- Isabelline Stone 2-Tier Outdoor Fountain now has water appearance correctly scaled
- Isabelline Stone 2-Tier Outdoor Fountain can once again be placed
- Owl’s Head: Fixed a number of issues with guard responses.
- Fix bug that caused a decoration to momentarily re-appear on the lot when being removed
- Owl’s Head: Mervyn now always displays his “Adventurer Trainer” title.
- Despair: Disabled one of the five “doorman” access codes pending implementation of required hints
- Death Shield will now behave as described int he release notes. While still very effective, it will no longer let extreme death mages approach 100% damage blocking