Item Drop Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xsarecs, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xsarecs

Xsarecs Avatar

I am relatively new to the game and so far only weapons have dropped, at what point will I start seeing more exciting things drop like armor..

At lower levels should I just avoid killing humanoids and just focus on creatures for skinning to craft my own armor?

A person in chat said that armor only comes from chests in dungeon type areas, if so, is it best to just speed run dungeons and bypass killing mobs if they don't drop anything of great value?

Sorry for the questions, I am new :)

Leelu and Acred like this.
  2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Check this out:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/q3-2016-schedule-update.53494/#post-584364

"Multiplayer Economic Balance: A pass will be made through creature loot bundles, merchant pricing, property taxes, public vendor fees, harvesting rates, agriculture growth, crafting recipe ingredient amounts, and other factors to begin establishing an equilibrium for the multiplayer economy"

The short answer seems to be RELEASE 32, July 28, 2016...

Yes, currently certain dungeons have good chests, as well as certain control points... find a good party to join up with and check out The Rise, or Eastreach Gap or Vertas Pass.. :)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  3. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

IMO - this isn't a "drop" type of environment that you may be used to - I know it is taking some getting used to for me as well.

The good stuff comes from player created items... So far anyway

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The game is designed for the best items and weapons to come from crafters, not boss drops like most games. You can buy these items from crafters or craft them yourself.

As to whether or not it makes sense to kill mobs, you can still make money off of them to buy the best gear, and the more you practice your combat skills, the more powerful you become.

5. Xsarecs

Xsarecs Avatar

Ok makes sense, I did notice a lot of YouTube videos were you build a tank character then just run through the dungeons/sewers looting the chests and then run out, no need for party or killing anything. If the mobs don't drop anything of value then it just consumes time...

Speed running can be fun as well...

Thanks for the info.

6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Not a problem. Welcome to the community, by the way! Let me know if you have any other questions.

The game isn't super intuitive right now, but as we get closer to launch, they're trying to improve the new user experience right now. The next release (today?) brings a new tutorial scene. But your feedback as a new player is crucial to helping improve that new user experience.

Leelu, firesparx and Acred like this.
  7. Acred

Acred Avatar

Welcome to the SotA forum and to New Britannia, @Xateric !

Leelu and firesparx like this.
  8. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Welcome to the game!

Leelu likes this.
  9. Cenbhan

Cenbhan Avatar

People selling player created items for 90k?? Only dropped items should cost that much. Especially with how long it takes just to farm gold.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Leelu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.