Please get a PR person...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vallo Frostbane, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Why should it get locked? It's entertaining. I mean, all the good thread's get locked. The really good threads get deleted, as well. Come on, folks.

2. Kensing Ton

Kensing Ton Avatar

It will get locked as soon a member of the whale pod gets their delicate sensibilities shaken and uses their favorite weapon: The report button.

But I'm guessing that's already happened.

digriz, agra and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Hey @kristof .

Before this thread gets locked, would you mind telling us who the f**k you are referring to with comments like the ones quoted above ?

Who exactly are the "beautiful people" you have such a high disdain for ?

And, what exactly, is your main beef here ? I mean, you're complaining about what ?

Have some "beautiful people" somehow caused you some major grief playing the game ?

Ie, wtf are you talking about ?

Jaxtron and Budner like this.
  4. Kensing Ton

Kensing Ton Avatar

Let it go. I've said my peace. The moon is full and all the rabid wolves are out. It's not safe to be in these woods tonight.

Ice Queen and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Ok, that's what I thought.
    All hat....

Jaxtron and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

From what I have observed in this forum (and in other forums), there is an unrealistic conviction on the part of many people (on all sides of many arguments) that their standpoint on any particular issue is so obviously true that if everyone doesn't agree there must be something insidious going on.

Some very few people use sarcasm, scorn, name-calling, suppositions, quoting out of context and unprovable accusations to underscore their arguments. In my opinion these tactics aim to win support from people who are on the fence on a purely emotional level. I don't think they will convince people who have already made up their mind or who rely solely on factual arguments to form an opinion.

As a case in point, I believe that your statement "They are unresponsive about Feedback here" is a mild and relatively inoffensive barb (which is why I choose to quote it rather than a more contentious comment) at anyone who does not share your opinion.

7. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I deleted all my posts.

Hate when i post when i am angry. I then post my opinions in a attacking way - to some i feel deserve it - but knowing afterwards that it will just lead to weaking my own arguments.

8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

The .... um.... last time I was pulled over for speeding the police officer who came to my car door saw me looking distraught and said ... "its ok, its not like you committed an axe murder."

I thought that was odd, but he was providing perspective. It seems fair to agree or disagree on a topic like ours without angst and innuendo. Nobody has committed a crime with an axe here.

Personally I don't think this thread's topic is a problem so much as it is a diversion from more important topics ahead of persistence.

I would hope that "brilliant ways to develop interest in the game" could come from shining light on aspects of the game design itself. For example, developer excitement about the overland map and zoning as a great tool for creative world shaping in the future; more intrigue tied to the vast interconnected underworld of Novia, insight into cool AI behaviors of dragons, and more compelling news about skills and spell weaving for which there has been lack of info for a number of releases. These (and more) are fantastic opportunities to build interest and excitement.

We are not taking enough advantage of those topics. Most dialog has been on lots, POTs, wipes, land rush, and (maybe) crafting, which are important, but no longer enough to generate media interest. Heck, our community will post hundreds of times on a POT topics over and over, but a question just posted yesterday about game skills got only two responses! Who would have thunk that we needed to generate more interest in game play? There has been too little focus on the adventure aspects of SOTA, connecting that adventure to the game world lore. This is overlooking what are probably the top reasons a majority of people get interested. Maybe placing more energy around these kinds of topics could prove to be a good, next marketing strategy.

Call me crazy, but I think these are the real topics we need to turn our attention to if we are concerned about marketing, brand, and public relations. IMHO.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.