Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crashing after login on windows 10

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by RDouglas, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

Crash upon login
    all updates come through at 2.4 mbs/sec
    Avatar.exe freezes upon enter sometimes while waiting in que, or before (new password is under 24 hours old? in case that makes a difference) Windows 10 pops up and says program stopped working and it will let me know when solution is available...?
    8 gigs ram /this pc was my streamer so I know all updates are in and such... other mmos work fine.
    Sincerely,
    Rawnie DeDouglas, NBNN

2. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

Hello, Rawnie,

This sounds like a familiar issue that I have, along with many others, who use computers with an AMD processor. The issue is that SotA's game engine, Unity, currently does not "play well" with AMD processors, so to speak. Portalarium continues to work with them to resolve this issue, but for now, those with high-end AMD units seem to get high temps and frequent crashes, and those like you and I with low-end AMD units (if I'm accurate in assuming that is what you have) are getting the error you describe.

The temporary solution some of us have been able to use is to make some minor alterations to the game's files that allow us to run the game in Windows 32-bit mode, as opposed to the more optimal Windows 64-bit mode, and play with the graphics set at "Fastest." It's not the best, is choppy and sometimes crash-prone, but at least lets us play until Unity fixes the problem. Click the following link and read the post from dev BurningToad to see how to use the Windows 32-bit workaround: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/on-going-login-crash.50191/

I hope this helps you out some? If not, I'd suggest posting your issue directly in the "Launcher" category above, and direct it to BurningToad. He's very helpful and kind. Good luck!

Humbly Yours,

RDouglas likes this.
  3. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

That explains everything .... and also shows all the wiping of game on pc and reinstall was a waste of time.... check/smiles
    For me, I will wait for the fix as I am a steamer and purchased this pc to run in 64 for max clarity of stream for Avatar... so until fix and Husband's password change can happen(ticket created 2 weeks ago) on his account. We will use the alienware pc to log in and play my account/thanks... We are looking forward to playing together and streaming the pvp events like we used to, before my pc stopped at login point for access/salute.
    Thank you for all your help and understanding/salutes

Barnabas Root likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.