Ok, couple question. Crafting related

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ogarious, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ogarious

Ogarious Avatar

First off, where can I go to learn Meticulous Collection. Secondary has to do with my carrier choice, if I chose...

I want to make beautiful and powerful magical sword. I am going to specialize in blacksmithing, what else will I need? Alchemy I think? Is that correct?

2. ShardMist

ShardMist Avatar

I have discovered that I had to attain a level of proficiency (level 40) in both surveying and gathering before being able to aquire this skill.

I have found such skill trainers in cities that have a crafting pavilion. Owls head of course, but I also have one here in Aerie, and I believe there is one in soltown, and prety much every location with a crafting pavilion.

NOTE: Even if you don't own a house, storing stuff in the bank of a convenient city (near the stuff you need or where you like to hang out), as long as it has a good crafting pavilion you should do quite well. Bank storage is only 100 gold per 10 slots. Find a good town and begin your profession where it is most convenient.

monkeysmack likes this.
  3. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Blacksmithing masterworking also requires blacksmithing level 40 to train. You can train masterworking at any crafting skill trainer as ShardMist indicated.

ShardMist likes this.
  4. Ogarious

Ogarious Avatar

Ok. That's good to know. And while so far I have made a couple exceptional +1 weapons, I believe there is more to crafting then just making a + weapon. I've heard talk of socketed weapons that have abilities such as life drain, fire damage, etc. This is what I'm hoping to create.

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

To make weapons with abilities, you need to create a cut gem (Sorcery Gem, for fire damage) and socket it into the item (weapon + gem + 10 mandrake), then use Alchemy to enchant the item. You will get three random choices, one of which might be Ignite (fire proc). A Necromancy Gem has a Drain proc option.

Fain and Tibs like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.