House Lot Fence Calculator Tool

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Night Owl, Nov 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

Hi Everyone,

I have added another tool to my site called the SotA House Fence Calculator. This tool allows you to drag and drop various fence types, sizes, etc. onto a House Lot. It will then calculate how many sets of Fences you will need to purchase.

I have tested this in Chrome, Safari, and IE. I've also made it mobile friendly for an iPad or tablet.

Please check it out and provide me with any feedback!

Features:
    - Supports all current House Lot sizes
    - Determines Fence sets based on 4 Straight Long, 8 Straight Medium, 4 Corners, and 1 Straight Gated Fence pieces per set
    - Is aware of current prices and in-game $0 fences
    - Drag and drop UI
    Tablet / mobile friendly

11/14/2015 Update:
    - It looks like I missed a fence price update for tall fences, so I have updated to reflect the new price increases

** Note: I'm waiting on final confirmation from Dev's on the size of the fence pieces, however based on my calculations and placing them in-game on the lots I believe this is to scale and accurate. If I hear otherwise, I will post here and update the tool. Currently scaled as: Straight Long 10 m, Straight Medium 5 m, Straight Gate 10 m, Corner 5 m x 5 m along edges

House Lot Fence Calculator

If you haven't followed my other tools, please check out my Player Owned Town Calculator and House Lot Paver Calculator

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. Lord Essex

Lord Essex Avatar

AWESOME!, Thank you!

3. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

Updated prices to reflect an increase in the tall fence pieces. It appears they went up as follows:
    Palisade Wooden Stake Fence $15 --> $20
    Tall Ivy Covered Stone Fence $15 --> $22
    Natural Pine Provacy Fence $15 --> $22
    Tall Green Leaf Box Hedge Fence $15 --> $25
    Tall White Floral Box Hedge Fence $15 --> $25
    Ornate River Stone Fence $15 --> $27

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  4. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

Nice work, thanks.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

This is nice...

I can think of a lot of other features that would be useful... I don't know how much time you're interested in putting into it, but just in case...

- Rotating the blocks, so you could arrange them in angles, like you can in game.
    - Calculating the amount of raw materials, in the case that its in-game, craftable fencing.
    - Being able to save a layout, or at least output some text markup, that you could paste back in later to bring up a design. That would help in recreating designs between wipes or lot moves.
    - Also being able to lay out pavers and hedges, and calculate either the cost, or in-game materials. This would be a really useful designer/planner for creating things like gardens.

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Oh, I just saw you also have a separate paver calculator. I was thinking it would all be nice in one tool, though.

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Btw, another tool that would be handy would be for lot layout on various POT templates.

8. Snoferret

Snoferret Avatar

Thanks a bundle for this tool! I'm still new to the placement thing and was getting frustrated trying to fence my lot. No problems now after trying the tool.

9. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

Thanks for the feedback! I am working on a version that combines the Pavers and Fences, I hope to have this done in the next 2-3 weeks.

Solazur likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.