Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Merchant Management (Buying)

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Browncoat Jayson, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Trying to create a functional shop using a player-owned merchant is kind of a pain. Yes, they stock the items you want to sell. However, managing your purchase orders is not user friendly.

Currently, you select what you want to buy, the quantity, and apply a value, which you have to put up against the purchase. Fine, if you are buying a one-off object, sure. However, most craftsmen, mages, etc, are going to always have certain things in demand. I always want to buy wood, for example. I also want to be friendly to lower level characters who might have a few pieces to sell, but don't collect in bulk. So I have to create a bunch of order for single pieces of Maple, single pieces of Pine, then larger bulk orders which I can give better prices on.

This is tedious. I'd much rather be able to set as many "continuous" orders as I want, and then give the merchant a set amount of coin. They would buy anything on the list until they don't have the coin for it, then it would disappear from the purchase list. The only thing I would then need to do is restock their gold reserve, rather than recreate dozens of the same purchase order.

@DarkStarr, any chance of improving merchant management in the future?

2. Eeyore

Eeyore Avatar

I like the idea of being able to collect against a max order in small pieces. Sort of how it worked in GW2. I could place an order for X items, at Y per unit, and sellers could sell their oneses and twoses against my order. Of course I had to put up the total buy amount in escrow, so the seller was paid instantly for their part. It also was good for 30 days not just 7. But still, something along those lines would be nice.

4EverLost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.