Weapons.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ogarious, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ogarious

Ogarious Avatar

So far we've seen short and long swords, several brands of pole arms, scimitars, daggers, staves and wands. Now with the fact that there are some eastern influence in this game. Has anyone found any katanas, No-Datchi (Larger two handed versions of the katana) or Wakasashi's? (Short sword off hand versons of the katana that samurai used)? Just wondering.

Oh! Also, while I'm thinking of it. We know there are some advanced technologies in the world of Britannia, we've seen the large Tesla coil like building that charges the energy fence for Owl's Rest (I think it's Owl's Rest anyways). And I imagine there are cannons on ships, so has any muskets been found in game yet? Might be a nice advanced weapon for archerers....

Of course, come to think of it. I havent even seen a crossbow in game yet.

Acred and enderandrew like this.
  2. tomcat_de

tomcat_de Avatar

I believe this has come up in the 2016 Summer Telethon Part 1. There aren't any currently, but Devs are looking into it. Personally I think it's a shame Ardoris Guards aren't sporting a Katana, myself :) Then again, who the hell knows what weapons the Ardoris Guards *are* sporting, because they never draw their weapons (and why don't we see sheathed weapons hanging by their sides?)

There IS a crossbow in the game I have seen once - Iolo's Crossbow. Must be a founder item. Also, I have seen a firearm symbol in a video of an early prototype. They must be holding back some stuff :cool:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Acred likes this.
  3. Ogarious

Ogarious Avatar

Well, I remember seeing a loading screen of two people fighting a large medusa like creature with something that looks suspiciously like a ranged energy weapons. Who knows what could come out in expansions to this game. I'm calling it here. Expansion 5 will be on mars. :p

Acred, Aldo and bmoconno like this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there are some (currently inactive) high-tech weapons made by the kobolds.

Acred and Aldo like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Would be nice if guards would carry around shields with the coat of arms of the town or city they're protecting. It would add a lot.

I'm wondering btw whether the Kobold Tesla Rifle will be renamed, same as the Tesla Towers were renamed to Moon Towers.

Acred likes this.
  6. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

there will be enchantments and such to change the skins of weapons in the future

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.