Quest issues, NPC dialogue / frustrations are still there

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scruffycavetroll, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

But they should work...nothing seems to.

Cally likes this.
  2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Well i went in Palace of the Mountain once....first time and then the other one..now i cant get back into Mountain palace. Dont remember the token word to get in....i figured if i got in once i should be able to enter again. Now i have the quest to talk to Cugel and cant get in the palace. I thought Cugel was off near the water's edge somewhere at his office. ...But still cant get in the palace. Trying to do quests for adventure pool points but this is just annoying. I gave up on some of them as they arent working right. Charlotte Gray one is messed up again. I click on her bones and nothing. Before the wipe she was down at the ruins with the Elf....now nothing. SO yeah just gonna grind and go on i guess. But i am still having fun so i guess thats all that matters.

3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

You didn't offend me. But you're saying you shouldn't ever have to talk to a random guard for a quest. I disagree that any NPC should be able to be part of a quest, but in this case you're upset over the wrong reason. Pintar isn't a random guard.

This however is an area where the game falls short in that NPCs don't have varied appearance enough that he looks like a guard instead of the foreign minister.
    Agreed, they should work.

For some reason a few quests broke in this release that worked before, but most quests are still working.

Mykll and Cally like this.
  4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

This is the official description of SotA:
    Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues is a fantasy RPG that combines a single player narrative with a sandbox MMO

The story has center stage. If you don't care aboit questing then the whole concept of the doesn't seem to be for you.

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  5. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

Yeah I get it Darkmoon, I still like the sandbox part, so if you don't mind I will hang around and play that aspect of the game.

Mykll, 4EverLost, Draven2 and 2 others like this.
  6. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

That is how I feel also, but somehow I am destroying the essence of the game because questing and following the story line seems clunky.

Mykll and Draven2 like this.
  7. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

Let me say for the record, I like quests. I like them pushing a story...I also like them as they are the or should be the driving factor to get players to go to other areas / zones.

I don't need quest markers, I don't need exclamation points floating over people's heads, I really need them to be clear and concise mostly and work hand in hand with the journal accordingly. This is also another issue. Key info is left out of the journal. All quests should be noted there, even secondary / tertiary quests, along with the "who, what, when, where, why, how' of them. A lot of that is missing which compounds the problem.

I'm not really the kind of player who can 'just play'. meaning mining, killing mobs just for the sake of doing it. my brian works as such that it needs that quest as the impetus / motivation to go do those other things while doing a quest. While yes, I want to / need to mine right now to make some armor, I can't just go do that, I have to be on a quest at the same time.

Tiki Pirate, Mykll, Draven2 and 2 others like this.
  8. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

Yes exactly. I like quests and story lines also but when it is implemented well. No, that doesn't mean I want exclamation points and crap over there heads, just means I want it to work properly and not result in frustration.

Mykll, Lord_Darkmoon and enderandrew like this.
  9. Draven2

Draven2 Avatar

Legitimate question:
    I enjoy the development of skills... can I still gain XP required for skills without questing?
    (not trolling, I really want to know if this is an option)

10. enderandrew

Yes. At low levels, questing gives you nice big chunks of XP (5,000 to 15,000 at a time for many quests) that can be really rewarding in your first few days of playing particularly.

But you can level purely through combat and never do quests.

11. Draven2

Draven2 Avatar

Oh, cool. That's awesome.
    Thanks for the response.

12. tangar

tangar Avatar

I can't get to Mountain palace also.. Anyone knows how to go there second time? Help!

Rilman likes this.
  13. enderandrew

Who else has been visiting both palaces and thusly might know the password and token for each? The Spirit Talkers. Go find them in Peladjar Inn and ask them for the Palace of the Mountain "token" or the Palace of the Winds "password".

tangar likes this.
  14. Caradin

Caradin Avatar

I did this part of the quest some days ago and noone asked for any passwords. I just went in to both the castles, talked to Pintar, Siranto and Khasi in the other castle. Why didnt they ask password from me? Could it be something I have or havent done before? Or just a bug? I dont know at what stage you are supposed to give the passwords. At the big gates? Maybe I was lucky and some other player had just opened them? Anyway they where wide open for me

15. Duncan O. McDermott

Duncan O. McDermott Avatar

I did this yesterday so it is still fresh in my mind. I didn't have any of the troubles you did this time. I followed the key words, acquired the password to the castle and the guard let me in. Easey Peasey.

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to sota:) of course you are right to voice your opinion. You should continue to do so:). So when you do as an example if you want to see questing improved and more fun, let the devs see your great ideas. Sometimes it gets their attention, sometimes not. I think our quest system still needs work to make it more fun. I appreciate you taking the time to give your opinion. It means you care:)

17. Rilman

Rilman Avatar

I got both passwords, tried both, the guards won't let me in. He says I'm just guessing.

I have been inside before for the main quest, I need to collect a book inside for another quest and can't.

18. enderandrew

Which Spirit Talker did you ask? One of the Spirit Talkers is all talk and a habitual liar.

Rilman and Krohon like this.
  19. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

The Spirit Talkers will tell the token. But beware! just one of them tell the truth. AND the token is different for other characters so getting it once and reusing on all your chars, don't work.

Rilman, majoria70 and enderandrew like this.
  20. Rilman

Rilman Avatar

Thanks guys, that worked. I obviously have to pay more attention.

Krohon and enderandrew like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.