Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Recipe: Jewel Socketed Ring or Amulet Not Working Properly

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by Boris Mondragon, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Alchemy Level 66 but Recipe: Jewel Socketed Ring or Amulet will not activate stating Alchemy Level not high enough to learn Jewel Socketed Ring or Amulet though recipe level is Alchemy 60.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

is Jewel Socketing considered Enchanting? If so then you need to have the Alchemy Enchanting, 60 but I don't know that is just a guess :)

3. Edenworldsaga

Edenworldsaga Avatar

Dont look at the proficiency number, look at the green text in the proficiency window saying what "actual level" is. chances are its not 60 but more like 57.6% or something. They don't do a good job of explaining this.

4. foolishwtf

foolishwtf Avatar

You can do it at Alchemy 61 on an expert bench, or something like that. Even sooner if you use an engraved tool with +levels.

5. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Thanks for the info and replies folks. What has me baffled is the recipe says "Alchemy requirement 60" and as of now my alchemy proficiency is 67. I went to buy another recipe at the owl's head vendor and the recipe for that jewel recipe and the two-handed sword gem was also red. Don't know if it is my character that is bugged or the recipes. I just tried to activate the recipe at a King's Port expert bench at it would not activate there either *scratches head*. Maybe the devs will look at the bug report. Thanks again for your assistance.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Are you looking at the primary skill level (in red) or the proficiency level listed in green within the tooltip? The skill for alchemy would have to be 72 for the Alchemy level to be 60, at least when tested internally. Red text would typically indicate that the crafting level (as opposed to the skill level) is not high enough yet.

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

This has been confusing for a lot of players. Would it be possible to show the Skill Level on the crafting station? Expert stations show "+5 Skill Level" but it would be more useful to show "Skill Level (65)" with the number in green if it was enhanced by the table.

8. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are already discussing ways of improving this. Thank you for reporting. I agree. ;)

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.