Terrible Lag in Celestis

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Gregg247, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

For some reason, I keep experiencing severe lag in Celestis. Every time I round a corner, I freeze up for literally 5-10 seconds. I haven't had this happen consistently anywhere else in the game. I would expect this to be a result of my graphics card (NVidia GT545), but since it only happens in Celestis in such a repeatable fashion, I was wondering if other players were having the same problem?

Of course, Celestis is the town I was planning on placing my village lot. :(

(It's gotten worse since the land rush, as there are now more corners to walk around.)

4EverLost and Leelu like this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

3. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

Glad its not just me!

I ventured over to Parrot's Roost and Nesoskia, which use the same <Island> map. Unfortunately, since they're both practically empty of residents right now, I couldn't get a one-to-one read on this. However, there WAS a noticeable "hiccup" whenever I ran around the corner of the buildings. No complete freezes, but the skipping was definitely there.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

On the side not.. I believe Nesoskia could be more appealing to settle down than Xenos. Consider it's being in front of Elysium mine and also have land lots closer to the entrance and NPC vendors.

I hope they fix the lag and beautify this town soon.

Gregg247 likes this.
  5. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

I agree. I love how this map allows you to enter right at the middle of town, with NPCs and the craft area right there waiting for you. It's really the best set-up I've seen so far.

(Maybe we should shut up about this until AFTER our own land rush picks! haha)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I have a gtx980 and showed the statistics to the devs that a 30 second spell gets stunned 7 times for ~1 second each and actually takes 37 seconds to cast. They called this "hitching" and know that its an issue (Its been in game for the 8 months I have been playing). This causes me a *lot* of grief when trying to chaise archers around (end up facing the wrong way all the time after a "hitch"). They know about it and have said they would like to fix it (8 months now so the "check is kinda in the mail" on that one). BUT, they did fix crashing so there is hope in the future! I also posted images of my ~15 FPS in central Brit which leads to catastrophic lag in the zone (crafting is a nightmare). A lot of things really starting to frustrate me too.

7. gweniver

gweniver Avatar

I noticed the bad lag problem in Celestis also. I really like this town, but I'm a bit worried about the lag problem atm anyway.

8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I wondered what this is, when I press a spell button and it doesn't fizzle, but it doesn't work and I have to recast several times over again before it starts to channel and actually cast.

9. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

I love the town too, but the lag and the sound of the crashing waves through my speakers even though I reduced audio to zero is making the town hard to reside in.

Please look into Celestis lag and optimization.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.