I sure miss alot of my friends I made!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Insinious FizzleThorpe, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

I get the feeling reading the sell pages in the market place and some of the forums as well as chats in the game that many of these fat backers paid more than they could afford.

2. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

The signing, please don't remind me of that. The drinking did not make it better. At least when I went to Oktoberfest in Munich I thought before I started drinking "what a bunch of drunk ugly idiots dancing on tables looking like fools singing horribly". After a few maß in 30 min I was dancing on the table and thought "what a bunch of awesome fun beautiful people singing so finely". But even after a few pints the singing at the telethon did not get better.

Audacity and enderandrew like this.
  3. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Had 2 drop so far. One from a gold ore node in Elysium

4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

COTOs -vs- WOW

I am no fan of COTOs, but WOW is pure suicide.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Nice. I didn't know that you could get COTOs from resource nodes.

Snazz likes this.
  6. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Other than a $5 pledge at the telethon i have only spent my initial pledge to start....and that was Adventurer Level. And I am having a blast. Even talked my hubby into playing. He paid the same pledge and got a $5 bank upgrade last night too. So we havent dumped a ton in the game. We will work and get land and a house in due time. Its all what you make it. Make it fun and it will be. If you cant do that then sorry for you. Its a game ...entertainment. Make it the best you can

Acred, Audacity, Baalice and 8 others like this.
  7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I wish you the best of luck in the raffle. I think it is great when couples play together. If you do manage to get a lot deed you'd be welcome to join us in Rift's End!

Baalice likes this.
  8. One Zero

One Zero Avatar

Here is what you do. Go to the Bundles section of the store and get a 45 dollar account that gets you back in the game. Rejoin the guild and rebuild your friends list. Go on some XP and gold runs with us and other friends to level back up quickly. Get back into PVP, compete in the weekly tournaments and whoop some ass.

Don't be concerned with the Crowns. You'll soon have plenty of gold and these Crowns are being sold cheaply on vendors. You'll have enough Crowns to restore your good gear to maximum durability. We have a few guild members already crafting top level gear who can suit you up. Crowns are not an advantage to "win". A helpful guild and good friends are the biggest advantage to "win".

I look forward to seeing you back in the game Insinious FizzleThorpe.

9. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

I'm not sure how you "win" in this game. It's all subjective. I feel like I win when I am able to afford to craft something new, or explore some new dungeon I've never seen (which is still most), or finally take on and defeat a type of monster that was un-killable for me before.

I see people in much better/different gear probably doing things much more "efficiently" than I do but I enjoy my pace/style and actually enjoy seeing others enjoying the game the way they find satisfying.

Player driven content is what keeps me addicted to this game, and I plan to write some in-game books about my adventures (which will be a source of clues for players who've never been somewhere before). Worrying about what everyone else is doing and comparing yourself to them is a sure fire way to feel inadequate and unhappy.

Acred, Audacity, Baalice and 5 others like this.
  10. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I agree. Although I have sold off my High pledges I still have some 45$ adventure pledges. In fact there are rumors a $45 dollar adventure club! Maybe someone will start this guild :)

Acred likes this.
  11. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

To the OP, you should come and play with your friends! You miss them and they miss you... where else can you find that..?

As to the COTOs: I agree they are pay-to-win, just not horribly so. I have been playing alot and have used 1 so far to repair my bow. I think of it like a subscription, it *should* cost me something to continue to play the game... :p

I don't use the potions. There have been a few interesting posts on the Math behind the buffs. Basically the potion grants a great buff to a low level with ever diminishing effects as stats/skills/level increase... just a rumor check it out yourself...

Acred likes this.
  12. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Hi ya Fizz.

Miss not having to you around.

Maybe we can entice you back?

Whyterose Flowers, Acred, Xi_ and 2 others like this.
  13. Paston Bane

Paston Bane Avatar

14. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

there's always a spot for you here Insinious hope to see you again :D

Whyterose Flowers, Acred, Xi_ and 3 others like this.
  15. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

It's the only place I know where the Camaro and the mullet coexist peacefully.

Raxhelm and Baalice like this.
  16. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Any pay to win concens I may have had have been quashed due to the fact that I have bought over 50 gold COTO ingame so far since final wipe with in-game gold. I have also bought stuff that people have been selling from the add-on store such as dyes or even houses, so at the end of the day a gold COTO is just another tradeable commodity ingame. I don't see how an item that is traded so cheaply ingame (under 2000gp each currently) can be considered a pay to win feature any more than a pledge reward or any add-on.

Acred, Xi_ and Rinaldi like this.
  17. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

The only thing I would ask about this whole P2W debate is: What exactly do you win?

To me this game is NOT about winning ('cept maybe in PvP, in which case the P2W argument is non-existent with COTO's). It's about adventure and community and (for those inclined) housing. And housing is just a social thing. Like, $45 and you are in. I spent more, but there wasn't a NEED to for me, and it certainly doesn't elevate my game play.

Yes, COTO's and the Obsidian Potions speed things up. But again, what would I win over you? </end rhetorical question>

18. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

not much, basicly coto/potions allow you to have slight "time" advantage, but not like there isnt 100 others that have 100% more time than you and are paying all day anyway, so really its rather easy to scoff off.

a note tho, Insinious was here pretty much for the pvp scene, so if he thought that hell never beable to keep up with other pvp'er, he may be correct, but i dont think the coto potions would really effect that a ton. Just my 2 cents, sorry, i had too.

I miss you too broseph

But also, its funny, becuase there are so many changes and skill additions to come, the people that are Zerging their skills, are wasting time/money, its rather hilarious.

Its like an interstate, you could take the toll road and get there slightly quicker, but o snap now they just built a new road thats way better, /doh.

I mean chris said they have over 200 combos to add... lol

19. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

do you think there should be a path to crafting these items in game?

20. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

theres a path to get them in game already. through drops

Chris just said that the coto drop rate was turned waaaaay down cuz alot of people started with cotos and they wanted those to clear out a bit so market doesnt get totaly flooded.

they said the drop rate for crowns will go up prolly for r34

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.