Silent Movement doesn't hide pets :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oyjord Hansen, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Hi all,

After working hard and spending a lot of xp on Camouflauge, I just found out that Silent Movement (which I loved many releases ago) doesn't also hide my Grizzly Bear. I found out the hard way when mobs kept attacking it!

Is this a bug, or working as intended? If it's working as intended, then there is just no way a person should waste xp in both the Subterfuge and Taming trees. If it's a bug, then no worries, it's early days still.

TIA for your thoughts,
    Oy .

Acred likes this.
  2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

How sneaky do you really think a grizzly bear can be?

3. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Magic.

Acred likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Not sure that it should. It's your skill, not your pets. When hirelings come in the game, should your stealth skill also cause your hirelings to stealth?

However, the devs did discuss during the telethon a lot of things that could help your situation. For instance, they've discussed different archetypes of pets. This could mean pets that are good at tanking, pets that are good at magic resistance, pets that are good at stealth, and so on... You'd probably want a pet good at stealth. This would help differentiate pets so not one single pet was the "best pet in the game," and people would choose their pet based on what they were looking for. Second, they talked about pet advancement which I hope means pets gaining skills. This would also probably be best broken down by the pet type.

And yea, though, some skill trees will work against each other. That's fine in my view.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Btw, an option right now I believe is you can tell pets to stay put, so they can wait for you while you stealth. If I'm not mistaken, its in the pet's right-click menu.

Acred likes this.
  6. Camouflage

Camouflage Avatar

Why, would you assume Camouflage or Silent Movement would work on anything but yourself. It does not fall in the magic tree. Its falls under the Subterfuge Skills. Which is all about the characters ability to perform stealthy actions.

On the flip side maybe they can add a skill for it under the Taming Skill tree.

Acred likes this.
  7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

dismiss you pet, now if they added a spell in tier 5 that allowed you to hide you and your pet sure also Silent movement is not a spell it is skill. If it was Shadow Form I could even give it ability ot do more than one persone / pet if Gmed but that is a spell not a skill

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.