I play Pure Tamer class

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juzzie, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leeford

Leeford Avatar

Sad part is, I focused on taming and leveled it as much as possible without exploiting anything and it is like others have said, a liability now.

Oyjord Hansen, enderandrew and mass like this.
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Don't give up hope. There is much tuning ahead of us. Plus there is also the possibility of taming producing more than just combat allies. It could for example, include taming mounts and/or pack animals. There are a lot of good things to come.

Oyjord Hansen and majoria70 like this.
  3. Gix

Gix Avatar

Never think about "is it powerful or viable". Play your character the way you want and then tell the designers when things don't work out the way you want it.

That's because you probably never played a game that was still in development. Betas require tuning, yes, but development builds are usually a mess as they need to try out things; even stuff that doesn't work... they have to see the stuff not working.

Saosis, majoria70 and Baalice like this.
  4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I've been playing beta games for 20 years. I also said PERSISTENT.

This game is already live and persistent. Even in early beta testing of other games, I've never seen one with the disparity this one has.

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  5. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

It feels this way because the whole taming tree never worked they way it supposed to. Summoning skill did little to the tamed pets before. But I agree that this change is just merciless. And not just that, they introduced new bugs to the Tamed pets. They can no longer be rezzed and corpse vanishes in about 2 minutes or less. They should have made partial adjustments, but Portalarium doesn't have any decent quality control. They make changes on "what we wanted it to be in the first place" and don't care about how badly it may affect the community. They pretty much castrated the whole feature of the game.

Yes, now people who used powerful pets and just speed leveled with them in skull 5 areas, will not be able to do this any longer, but this change also affected many other players. Portalarium needs to learn how to make graceful changes, otherwise, if they continue using this approach to resolving issues with the game, they may discourage players from playing. I also don't like how they thank you when a lot of money is raised, but during the development, they feel very arrogant and care less on how changes may affect the community, same community who spent hard earned money to raise the funding for the game, and who they were grateful to just a few days ago during the telethon.

Shows bad organization and little involvement. I wish RG was more involved in the development instead of letting development run rampant. Darkstarr seems to have too much on his shoulders, which seems has it's consequences. I am not saying Starr is bad, I am saying that RG needs his company to feel his inspiration (is there any left?). I like how Chris Roberts leads the development of the Star Citizen. He is not just a 'chair', if speaking CEO terms. He is really INTO the game development himself and every decision goes by him, to the smallest detail. I don't feel the same from RG, unfortunately. I think its part of the reason, why some game elements are going from 100%, to 1%.

Oh well, hopefully it will all get better. I still love the game and what it stands for, and if I wasn't one of the most avid supporters, I wouldn't have posted all the critique above. ;)

6. Balor Goldwine

Balor Goldwine Avatar

I wouldn't invest a single exp point into taming at this point. I'm saddened to see the points I have wasted on it.

Skip it entirely. It's dead.

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  7. mass

mass Avatar

For what it's worth, I am able to rez my pets, but it does seem to take a few tries now. I'll probably casually level summoning skills while focusing on other things and see what happens in the coming releases. I really think these wild swings are a result of trying to balance for the 1% of hardcore players rather than the mean playerbase.

8. Gix

Gix Avatar

I took the time to elaborate on the nuance between Beta and development builds. We're not at Beta yet regardless of your beliefs to what persistence means to you. The only thing persistence is doing is affecting your perception of the product, but the product itself hasn't really changed... you're playing a very early development build.

Beta is when you debug stuff and fine tune balance. We're still at a stage where we're changing targeting systems and adding things like "dialogue".

If this was Beta, I would've backed out a long, long time ago.

majoria70 likes this.
  9. enderandrew

We have meaningful consequences now where imbalance affects who earns money faster, wins the "raffle" system, permanently gets the remaining lots, etc. That cannot be overlooked.

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  10. mass

mass Avatar

You gotta admit though, most games don't even give you persistence at beta (much less alpha). All the balance growing pains in those games get wiped. We are essentially stuck with all the 'alpha' and 'beta' balance issues in this game. So, great, the game isn't launched yet...all that means is that we'll have max level players with millions of gold and the best equipment at day one of launch, who were able to take advantage of alpha and beta imbalances. Does that seem inviting to launch day newbies with even a hint competitiveness to them? I would say that because they are doing 'alpha' balancing during persistence, it needs way more care than in standard game development.

enderandrew likes this.
  11. Gix

Gix Avatar

True; I was merely arguing the "I've never see it this bad before" comment.

Or maybe they simply screwed up by making it persistent in the first place. They might have the data that tells them that it wouldn't make much of a different in the long-term; that the money is going to sink out anyways... @enderandrew or (more likely) that they have nobs on their end that controls it all so that, over time, they can purposely sink out specific goods.

12. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

I hope so too..., and I hope that it will actually be 'balanced' pretty soon. What they did to tamed pets, is no way 'balanced' any longer. Tamed pets are equal to none-comabt pets now. You still get the same focus penalty though, except pets can no longer tank or dps.

13. Leeford

Leeford Avatar

I also notice my heals will no longer land on a pet. I tried resummoning and everything. Neither a regular heal or pet specific heal would land. Then my spider died. Went to rez it but couldn't target its corpse so it rotted and lost the spider. Logged out in disgust.

14. enderandrew

File a bug report in the R33 bug forums.

15. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

Think it was fixed with the most recent patch ... they also gave pets better stats on low skill levels, so some balance has come as we hoped for ;)

Tahru likes this.
  16. Charlesscott1103

Charlesscott1103 Avatar

Here i'll give you some cold hard facts.
    Release 32
    Taming - 81
    Collar Recovery - 100
    Summoning - 100
    Combat Training - 45

Ferocious Wolf Spider had 419 HP and could crit in upwards of 56-75 damage.

Release 33
    Taming - 81
    Collar Recovery - 100
    Summoning - 100
    Combat Training - 45

Ferocious Wolf Spider had 190 HP and can crit in upwards of 23-44 damage.

I have since trained my combat training to 75.
    My ferocious wolf spider now has 210 hp and ive seen him crit for a range of 25-48 damage.

Hope this helps. Taming in a sense is broken in the fact that our pets are weak and in no way can we rely on them to do any of the work for us. They will need our support except on extremely weak opponents. They can not tank mobs higher than a 3 skull area and be expected to live.

I agree with making it to where non tamers cant use powerful pets, so an easy fix would be in my opinion to make people without the proper level of skill unable to summon the creature.
    My opinion is also in line with Ultima Online's taming wasn't broken...so why are we shooting ourselves in the foot here?

17. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

are this new numbers with the new patched version (some houres ago)? ... Heard that most people have quite higher values in pet's HP now. I think a ferocious spider should be maxed not earlier then 150 (as it is the highest possible pet atm) so don't expect to have it on the old values even with summoning 100, But it now should be at least back on the way to them ^^

enderandrew likes this.
  18. mercster

mercster Avatar

Welcome to all of this game, sadly.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  19. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

How does one determine how may hit points a pet has?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.