1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

NPC Merchant Buying Prices Going Back Up Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I'm personally not playing until this patch hits. It's just too expensive as a pure mage who has to constantly restock reagents to really do much right now. Enemies do not drop enough gold or value in items to cover the costs of reagents unless you spend all your time farming very specific enemies just to barely come out positive. I'll be glad to start up again once this patch kicks in and hopefully fixes this issue. So hopefully that's soon.

2. Sephros

Sephros Avatar

I switched to a reagent less deck once this patch hit, and it actually does fine. Allowed me to focus on some of the earlier tier spells and level them up a bit more. I am killing, although admittedly slightly slower, the same stuff as prior to the patch.

Elwyn, Bom, Fister Magee and 4 others like this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I had to run lower tier spell deck as well. Until I remembered that I've been hoarding up COTO, so I decided to buy the reg consume chance reduction potion (it's a multiplier, not subtraction unfortunately). It's much better, but still need to be stingy on which mobs I should cast the high tier spells.

Sixclicks likes this.
  4. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Yeah, I've got a No Reagent deck set up too. But I've just decided I'm going to wait on this patch to continue playing. A short break from the game doesn't hurt after having been playing it every day after work since final wipe.

4EverLost, Tibs, LoneStranger and 2 others like this.
  5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm playing. I'm watching my gold total slowly drop...drop...drop....I've started sticking higher value stuff in a box for when this patch comes. Soon I hope :)

Nataurz likes this.
  6. moko

moko Avatar

Patching~

4EverLost likes this.
  7. Charlesscott1103

Charlesscott1103 Avatar

Patching~ Slowly.

8. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

Woohoo patch, time to download!

9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

The buyback isn't as good as before, but much better than what it was a few days ago.

NRaas and DancingShade like this.
  10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Seems only slightly better :( No where near as good as R32 :(

11. amarious

amarious Avatar

From selling 67 weapons I have made a total of 3,052gp. This would have provided me close to 5k gp in R32 and about 1,400gp before the latest patch. So I think it's good middle ground.

Bom and DancingShade like this.
  12. agra

agra Avatar

Mmmm more stick! That'll keep the customers rolling in. :)
    I could afford regs, repair kits and make a little profit in R32. If it's not back to those levels... why would I continue to adventure at a loss? /sigh
    Thanks for the update, Ice Queen.

Nhili Dragon and Ice Queen like this.
  13. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Np, I did a quick run just killed 9 halberd wielding mobs in a level 4 area just to make sure because the loot I had sold was from a level 5 area that paid waaaay less on hammers/bows a few mins ago which was several dozen items and only sold for a little more than 1k so I salvaged them instead...... It doesn't seem as bad as it was at the beginning of R33 where the blacksmith was buying these halberds for 8-44g each, now he pays 41-69 g each for these total of 601g, so that's at least better than I was thinking. Not really too bad for just clearing a few mobs in just a few minutes. I am level 72 though and can slice through those pretty quickly. Still no where near the amount smiths would pay you for longbows, lich axes, and halberds in R32 which was about 80-110g each then. This change should feel like an improvement to those that were struggling though maybe, but don't expect the good 80-110g per item prices like we could get in R32 now. Instead of making 12-15k per hour full out grinding no gathering, no killing skinnable animals only humanoid, on the same loot in R32 it looks be cut in half gold wise now.
    *edit*
    (just did a half hour run to test quickly and what a tier 4 zone would yield (results may vary depending on builds/levels and speed of kill for others), roughly 3700g per half hour---that's doing nothing but running around in circles killing humanoids though in one zone, no gathering, no killing wolves and bears, just humanoids...it is extremely boring, but seems still a viable way to make some gold even if it's not as good as it use to be.).

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Bom, Mata, Magos and 5 others like this.
  14. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

So....dumb question here....why did we need a patch for prices to be adjusted? I thought prices would be adjusted dynamically server-side based on supply and demand within a region. Will this be changed in the future? If not, will patches become forced for online play?

Bom, enderandrew, Alexander and 2 others like this.
  15. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

Anyone else (Linux, 64bit) not being able to patch their game up from 474 to this new 476? I even tried with a fresh folder, and the Linux launcher on my system just closes lightning-quick without patching anything.

A reboot later and it is patching properly. Not sure what it was, but possibly date/time out of sync could have been the cause? My system sets the time on each boot from an online source, and on this reboot it took a loooong time to complete, hence I think the system time may have been the culprit.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  16. Linthu

Linthu Avatar

There were a bunch of other changes in the patch. You can see patch notes via the little arrow button under the logo on the launcher.

Bom likes this.
  17. BiggieD

BiggieD Avatar

Wow, can I ask which area this was ? I did South (somewhere lol ), near Jaanaford. Gathering halberds only got me around 1.5k gold

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why doesn't the blacksmith in Parrot's Roost offer the same amount as the blacksmith in Owl's Head? That's really messed up.

cartodude likes this.
  19. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Serpent's Spine Foothills
    Try blacksmiths that sell armor, they buy for slightly more, not the smiths with recipes. Not sure on Parrot's Roost if there's one there though.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Bom, Mata, 4EverLost and 4 others like this.
  20. Roycestein Kaelstrom

You can set up some effective farming route by going there and sell your loot in Central Brittany blacksmith.

From now if anyone ever find the farming is getting to easy, please keep it to yourself :p You see how fast that "easy" can turn into "PITA".

Lord Barugon and Ice Queen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.