Bypassing Control Points

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragon Slayer, Sep 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon Slayer

Dragon Slayer Avatar

Why does it cost so much to bypass control points? There is already enough gold sinks in the game, why does there have to be one more. Especially since the only way other than recall or teleport to the other zones where houses and such are is to get through these points. At least create a path that leads around these points that has very few mobs if you want to leave the Mysterious Mages in.

brentw likes this.
  2. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

Why? You can run right through them without dying, even as a new character. Just spam your heal while running.

3. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I despise control points too, we got three 4 if you count teleport as options, pay the fee, get killed and ghost through them, or run through them as fast as you can, and take your two loading screens of boredom with any of the choices except teleport, heh. At the very least they could put the npc's we pay on the outside of the control point so that when we pay we can avoid the loading screens.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  4. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I have yet to leave the area around Ardoris. Even if I got 1500 gold together, I'm not sure what I'd find on the other side or how I'd get back. Perhaps if there were a quest which told me I had to visit some other town and gave me one free trip, I'd explore more of the map.

Mitara and Duncan O. McDermott like this.
  5. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

There's an open path through the mountains (no control point) between Aldhaven on the Perennial Coast and Sawtooth Thicket up in Quel. It's not a bug either - the mountains clearly break both on your screen and on Sotamap.com.

Corazon and Baalice like this.
  6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

go to solace bridge. The moongate spawns and it will take you to different places. one destination is highvale which will allow you to bypass some control points. Check it out :)

Ronan, Alexander and 4EverLost like this.
  7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Correct, but you forgot to mention the teleport scrolls.

8. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I saw this once. But it vanished before I got through the spiders.

I realize the game is in a really weird state. I followed the path of love because supposedly the quest line was working. I tried to wiki my way through and seemed to be sent to this 5 skull necropolis area, which means I'm probably 50k wolves away.

I appreciate people's advice. But my point is I'm totally lost and I'm not exactly a new player. And yet I'm already having to Google/wiki/youtube my way through what really should be about the first 10 hours of content.

If there's lots of ways around control points, why are do they exist? They're an expensive shortcut which really isn't a shortcut at all.

Saying new players take the long way around so they they progress in the intended path of the story and fight appropriate level mobs makes sense. But that doesn't seem to be what's happening.

Forcing people through certain choke points for PvP makes sense, but I have seen no real evidence of that kind of PvP in the game.

9. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

I'm on the love path as well. I thought the jump from 2 skulls to 5 was a bit much too.

Been working on just gathering resources and crafting until I can do that part.

Not very polished IMO. i.e. Here's a car, here's how to start it, now drive to Africa.

Mitara, postulio, Kara Brae and 8 others like this.
  10. Verit

Verit Avatar

This is true. Wish it wasn't but it is.

Fauxpas and Fister Magee like this.
  11. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

it also matters if someone attempted to take the controll point ... those elite skeletons are really tough. anyway id never pay 1,5k for the passage. i rather wipe through, if i cant outrun/-heal the damage.

if they made it 100-200g people might actually think about using it. could be a proper goldsink.

i probably still wouldnt use the oportunity though. most/all? cps are 5 skull and have some nice resources that can be gathered with little to no mob encounter. thats where i sink most time... just cant run past those nodes >.<.

12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Are you including Vauban Pass in that ?

Baalice likes this.
  13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

After wipe, I always ghosted through, straight though, no prob! :) Did you try?

14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

If the costs to bypass was around 500gp, I'd pay that so save myself the run.. 1500gp is a fair bit more than I'm willing to waste on. And my proposed price of 500 is the highest I'd accept if I were to use one.. cheaper would be good, but not too cheap.

15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

They are "risky" choke points between regions intended to be a hinderance for travel between regions. When it is more difficult to get to another part of the world, traders tend to take advantage of the need for convenience.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

He said : "You can run right through them without dying, even as a new character. Just spam your heal while running."
    Which is what prompted me to ask him about Vauban Pass.

Fister Magee likes this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You don't even have to run through them. ;)

Ronan likes this.
  18. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Oh haha, my eyes deceive me :D Yes, that makes my comment useless :D About as useless as control points being a hindrance to moving of avatars and goods! :D And why heal, just ghost, it's faster.

Mitara likes this.
  19. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

Yes, you could go through as a ghost, but where's the accomplishment in that? ;)

Don't you want to play the "how long can I last as a pincushion" meta? :p

20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You've got my curiosity up with that statement @Lord Barugon
    Care to elaborate ?? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.