Are Rolls and Backflips Supposed to Be Hard?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaanelle DeJure, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

I'm not sure if I am really missing something here, or if I've got some kind of bug going on.

Rolls and backflips are very difficult for me to do for some reason. I even managed to convince myself it was a keyboard issue so that way I could justify getting a new Razer, but sadly that did not fix the issue.

Occasionally they seem to work fine, but for the most part don't seem to work at all...? o_O

Acred likes this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Its a low FPS issue. Its the same reason you can have problems with the game recognizing double-clicks at low FPS. Because the way that the game polls your input devices, if there's massive lag in input recognition, it won't recognize the sequence of keys in the time frame you intended it.

3. Epiphany

Epiphany Avatar

I sometimes seem to have issues as well. I thought at first that maybe I just wasn't double-tapping fast enough but I've had it happened regardless ;) Maybe it is a bit of lag that causes some delay? I do wish we were able to have a dedicated keybind for roll/backflips (you would roll or backflip depending on what directional movement keybind you are using)

4. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

it goes from one extreme to the other for me sometimes cant do them when i want to doing them all the time when i dont :) currently the only time i use them is on accident.

Acred and Jaanelle DeJure like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Doing something to raise your FPS, like lowering your graphics settings, or shrinking the size of the game window, will help.

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Its possibly not a lag between recognizing the two key presses, but in applying them to the game. So, for instance, you also get this when pressing your glyphs really fast... they'll combo even when you don't intend them to. That's because the game mistakenly treats it as if one key is still pressed down when you're pressing the second. Also, sometimes, the game mistakenly treats it as if you're dragging an item when you're not, because it registers your mouse as still held down as you move the cursor.

7. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Thanks for the tip! I lowered my graphics settings to "Fastest" and it works 100% of the time. Unfortunately, even moving it up one notch and it only works about 65% of the time.

Kind of weird... I hadn't noticed any other issues that would lead me to think the graphics settings were too high. Too bad it seems I have to choose one or the other...

Leinad Laurelwreath and Acred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.