Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Price oddity

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Jonathon.Doran, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

I won't call this a bug, since I don't know the intent. So it is just feedback.

But I notice that an Iron Blade sells for 3 gold, and a broken rusty blade sells for 8 gold. I don't get it.

Acred likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the price is also based on durability. was one significantly more damaged than the other?

Acred likes this.
  3. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

It is also based on supply / demand... In most markets, the price rises after each purchase, and falls with each sale, such as with stocks... As stocks are purchased, the price goes up, until there are no more stocks to sell... When the stocks owner decides to sell their holdings, the price starts to drop with each sale as there are more stocks available for sale, competition sets in...

In the case of Iron Blades, the more that are sold to an NPC, the lower the price goes, so if you try another region, those NPCs are buying at a higher price because they are not saterated with Iron Blades... I see it with coal, as in Owl's Head coal was going for 26 ea, but in Ardoris it was still selling for 16, this just shows more ppl buying coal in Owl's Head than in Ardoris...

Games have 1 major flaw, they pump unlimited amounts of commodities into the environment, gold, coal, iron blades, what ever, there is no limits to how many the game produces... New players need to get started, and old players just keep farming what makes them the most gold...

Acred likes this.
  4. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

It makes sense in a way. I just need a way to take these blades, bash them against some rocks a bit, and leave them in water long enough to rust. $$$$$

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I think you mean the Iron Blade you pick up in East Perennial as part of the Bouncer's Iron Blades quest, compared to the vendor trash Rusty Blade you get from every other humanoid. I assumed it sold for less because they were trying to get you to complete the quest, but since the quest can only be done once I have no idea why they are not worth at least as much as a rusty weapon. Maybe when mobs actually get an itemization pass this can be fixed.

6. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

I figure that they'll get to it, if it is a problem. I wanted to bring it to people's attention.

And it probably was in EP. Sometimes I'll swing by and gather up some resources. More level-appropriate areas don't seem to have as many resource nodes in that neck of the woods. But no worries, it isn't like I need to head into 5 skull zones to get crafting supplies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.