It wasn't a one deed per account at the raffle?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hawkthalas, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawkthalas

Hawkthalas Avatar

Just asking... i though that this was one of the rules of the event, with not having already bought/have a deed and lot of other rules... searched the forum for the rules of the raffle but don't found them... or the rules just changed before the raffle?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

As a raffle, each ticket has an equal chance of winning based on the total number of tickets in the pool. With 675 prizes, there was bound to be winners who got multiple lots.

If it were a lottery, there would be a chance no one would win.

I think it would be a better system if each lot size type could only be won once. Thereby limiting people with untold access to gold a maximum of 4 lots. One of each type. As it stands, there were some who won a LOT more than 4 lots.

The current setup still favors those with the most money.

3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Arrrg... I did participate because I saw no virtuous reason to... I too also thought it was for players with no lot of their own, but never wanted to rant about what I saw as "SOTA Virtue Blasphemy". What anyone would need 97 lots for, I have no virtuous idea, "but I do have a few bad ideas".

I "despise" the decisions that were made here by Portalarium, but it's their game and somewhere it makes sense to them to have perpetrated their raffle in this way.
    "Does everyone not have a lot?"
    "Sure there are!"
    [​IMG]

~Time Lord~o_O

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  4. Hawkthalas

Hawkthalas Avatar

Yeah i understand that, raffle is raffle and lottery is lottery, not complaining here about that... just asking because im pretty sure that i have seen somewhere in the forums in the last weeks statements from the dev team that said something like this as the terms of the event:

- one deed per account
    - accounts that can earn this may not have a deed earned in a past event.
    - may not have a deed already

and things like that.

But cannot find in the forums the terms of the raffle anymore.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Hawkthalas

Hawkthalas Avatar

Well, in that point, all depends... of course they can change how the things in the game works, as per terms of service when we bought the game. Also they can give away anything that they want.

But, for the ones who use their time to buy the tickets (time in farming gold, etc) will be wise from them to inform correctly how the thing work/will work/worked, and not made change at the last moment (btw im not implying that this happened since i dont have the original terms of the event) without the correct propagation of that information.

It will be just a matter of respect since we are the supporters of the game not less not more.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

You're thinking of the next release (actually this release) where they are giving out free tickets.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

For R34 raffle tickets, people who qualify for the free raffles (has pledge less than ancestor or bundle without house and never win the deed before) will get 1 PAD and 1 POT-only raffle tickets.

They haven't given out the free raffles yet, though.

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  8. Hawkthalas

Hawkthalas Avatar

Hmmm... pretty sure that these was the rules for the event per se, not the rules for the next draw. But i may be wrong.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Hawkthalas

Hawkthalas Avatar

Hello cartodude, im not talking about the free tickets. Im talking about the event that started the last month and finished yesterday. The one that was called initially lottery and then changed to raffle.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I do know that "somewhere" it all makes sense to our Portalarium for them to have done things this way...
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~o_O

Pikegirl, Leelu and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  11. Selene

Selene Avatar

It waa never one deed per account. Some players proposed it would be more fair, but Port never stated the rules as such. Your rules ARE very close to the "free ticket" rules, however which were proposed for the first raffle but then put on hold until R34 because tickets were already bought by players.

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Pikegirl and Leelu like this.
  13. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I'm almost ready to buy my first ticket for R34... BRING IT

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Hawkthalas

Hawkthalas Avatar

Ok, found something, it seems that the rules where updated on 24 September: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/lot-deed-raffle-update-r33-and-r34.64043/

This information was going to be included in the R34 instructions but it appears that several of our communications on the raffle were causing confusion so I am including the information earlier here:

• R33 Lot Deed Raffle Winners: The drawing will be held right before R34 goes live and we will announce the winners on Friday September 30 in Update 196 for the 675 Lot Deeds. The winners will receive their deeds in Release 34. As a reminder here is the breakdown of those numbers:
        • Place Anywhere Deeds (75):
          • Row: 40
          • Village: 20
          • Town: 10
          • City: 5
        • Player Owned Town Deeds (600):
          • Row: 320
          • Village: 160
          • Town: 80
          • City: 40
      • R34 Lot Deed Raffle: R34 will be our second Lot Deed Raffle and there will be another 675 Lot Deeds available. Raffle tickets will again be available for purchase. However in addition for those backers who do not yet own property we are going to automatically enter you into both Raffles in Release 34! Anyone who has game access to Shroud of the Avatar, but does NOT yet own property at the beginning of Release 34 (September 29, 2016), will automatically be given a gift of 1 Raffle Ticket of each type to the R34 Raffle. To claim your tickets simply login to the game, go to the nearest bank and claim your rewards. The drawings will be held on October 27, 2016 and winners will be announced shortly thereafter. Deeds will be delivered in Release 35. Backers are not eligible for this gift if they meet the following criteria on September 29, 2016:
        • Own an Ancestor Pledge or above
        • Own a Viking 2-Story Row Bundle or above
        • Own a Kobold 2-Story Row Bundle or above
        • Own any quantity of Add On Store Deeds
        • Own any deeds won through previous drawings, contests, etc.

-----------

Ok, so the next raffle will be basically the same as the last, but the people that dont met the criteria of above, will not have the 'free tickets' basically right?

Time Lord likes this.
  15. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Yup... that's what I was pointing out. :)

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.